• 505 posts
  • AC Type:
    Pre-AC5: Heavies, post AC5: tanks
  • PSNID:
    ParryACO

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

But i had a character planned out and everyhing D:

His name was to be HOBSON

Unless you send me $180 to $210 USD, I ain't getting a new PS3 any time soon.

"Those who seek power are the absolute corruptible."

#22 Sardoniscorn

Sardoniscorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

Lol, ranking up in BoB arena with a Morning Star.

#23 Sardoniscorn

Sardoniscorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

anyone else 360 side wanna pvp sometime?

#24 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

Oh boy, its time to go after the illusory rings. I've more or less started to PvP in DS2, im still pretty lousy but I after watching this video:

*I find his vids hilarious

I've thought about using the left hand illusory ring to hide my parry dagger/buckler. Even if it turns out to be useless, I want to give it a shot anyway. Anyone have any tips on getting this ring? I'm thinking about farming boss souls and running through the shrine of winter, then using GLS to spam why way through throne watcher/defender and Nash. I'm worried about dragon riders and mirror knight though. 

EDIT: nevermind, I did it!

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#25 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:45 AM

just go naked for dragon riders and mirror knight. IME the riders are easy, they have very low HP and barely move. Mirror knight is pretty tanky, and has really good flank protection, but its still the same basic strategy as any other boss. Use impact weapons (dual club worked for me)… watch out for the special lightning attack and don't hit the shield. ever. Done right its possible to KO mirror knight before its first summons. 

builds: there is only one. And it is flynn+rob2etc/katana. <30% load is OP imo, combined with 105+agility and roll-spam. 

Magic is scrubby and IMO poorly implemented. My biggest issue with the game is that it could have been so much better with a focus on real world physics. 

Close the door, put out the light.

#26 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:53 PM

<http://www.polygon.c...e-release-date>

So, does this justify getting a PS4? I would love to play a harder version of DS2 with added content. (Would really love to know why there is a dragon in heide's tower for example) and it comes with the three DLC areas. I'm not certain that I want to spend $400+ just to play one game though. If there were other PS4 releases which grabbed by attention then I would, but for one game. Eh.

Thoughts? I'm currently downloading the patch latest patch. (which is massive)

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm Dumb. I can get the expanded version of the game for my PS3. Spending $60 for an improved Dark Souls experience is something I can very definitely sink my teeth into.

#27 Dark Strike Fighter

Dark Strike Fighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • AC Type:
    Dark Strike Fighter

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:42 PM

So wait, does this mean you aren't foaming at the mouth over Bloodborne Rogan?

#28 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
    Four legged crab monsters
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:25 AM

I'm getting Scholar of the First Sin for my PC, and Bloodborne for my PS4.

This'll be the 3rd time... uhh, 2nd time I buy Dark Souls 2 (I got if for free on my Xbox with my store credit, and bought the PC version)

Defeat is just temporary. I will return, and I will beat you eventually!

#29 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

So wait, does this mean you aren't foaming at the mouth over Bloodborne Rogan?

No I'm not.

Honestly, I'm a causal gamer (which is a horrid thing on DS apparently) so I tend to pick a game of a specific genera that I like and I will follow that game and its sequels. More than likely completely ignoring similar games. I haven't even looked at bloodborne demos or trailers.

#30 xXxBioHuzahxXx

xXxBioHuzahxXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • AC Type:
    Light Reverse-Joint
  • LIVE Tag:
    xXxBioHuzahxXx

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

No I'm not.

Honestly, I'm a causal gamer (which is a horrid thing on DS apparently) so I tend to pick a game of a specific genera that I like and I will follow that game and its sequels. More than likely completely ignoring similar games. I haven't even looked at bloodborne demos or trailers.

Bloodborne is like a faster Dark Souls, and you no longer have shields or plate armour because it's set during a time where flintlock pistols and muskets are in use (Think Victorian era... so like the 18th century).

Also, every weapon can transform between two different states. Instead of one-handing or two handing a weapon, you can now go from using a sword, to attaching the blade to a long handle and converting your weapon into a scythe... like so:

Bloodborne.gif?eaa32f

#31 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

Don't get me wrong, the game looks amazing (graphics wise) and two weapon modes doesn't sound like a bad thing. Pistols > bows any day (bows make it really easy to cheese some areas in DS) and I tend to either two hand ultra weapons or I use a parrying shield/dagger in my off hand so it doesn't bother me to play without turtling behind a greatshield.

None of this means I'll purchase Bloodborne and play it. (even if there is a PS3 version, I really don't know if there is) I greatly enjoy what I get out of dark souls and it has a solid amount of replay value (challenge runs, different character set ups) even if I don't touch PvP. I'm not hating on Bloodborne in any way, but I don't intend to drool over it like every other Souls Fanboy out there. In all likely hood, I won't bother to play it. (Maybe if there is a demo out there and its really good)

I'm still trying to muster up the ballz to do a SL1 run of DS2.

#32 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:05 PM

I'm still trying to muster up the ballz to do a SL1 run of DS2.

Do it!!!

#33 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

Do it!!!

I can't record, so even if I complete it you won't ever see the myriad of screw ups that will assuredly come with it. 

#34 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:57 AM

Bloodborne is like a faster Dark Souls, and you no longer have shields or plate armour because it's set during a time where flintlock pistols and muskets are in use (Think Victorian era... so like the 18th centuryxmoonwizardemon).

Also, every weapon can transform between two different states. Instead of one-handing or two handing a weapon, you can now go from using a sword, to attaching the blade to a long handle and converting your weapon into a scythe... like so:

Bloodborne.gif?eaa32f

I'm on the fence about bloodborne. Everything so far points to it being a graphically impressive piece of art work, but I think it looks like a slower version of DS2, in which even the shitty AI gets the boss treatment. Personally, I play video games to break people… if its a step closer to dedicated PvE than DS2 I'll definitely pass.

#35 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

I'm on the fence about bloodborne. Everything so far points to it being a graphically impressive piece of art work, but I think it looks like a slower version of DS2, in which even the shitty AI gets the boss treatment. Personally, I play video games to break people… if its a step closer to dedicated PvE than DS2 I'll definitely pass.

I don't think that the primary focus of a Souls game was pvp to begin with. I honestly think the community made them about pvp.

#36 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

Don't get me wrong, I had a blast on my first play through, and even enjoyed the DLCs (I think Sinh is one of the best PvE fights Ive experienced)… And I haven't spent much time with anything similar since Diablo 2… so my perspective is limited… but the game seems rather hell-bent on driving its player base towards PvP. The invasion mechanic is, to say the least, one of the games strong points.

In comparison to Diablo 2, the world and overall content feels thin. D2 was composed of 4 acts. Each was a unique realm about the size of the DS2 world, and boss fights were exponentially more difficult. IDK how the scale of normal-difficult-hell compares to NG but frankly grew bored of the vanilla game after a few months, though I started PvP about a month in, without having beaten story.

The solution to this lack of classical RPG content is to give people the power to fuck with each other, the game is most definitely meant to expend some focus on PvP. 

#37 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • AC Type:
    Lightweight Bipedal Blader
  • PSNID:
    FloydSetosith

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:37 AM

Anyone still playin? I'm addicted to this game. Send me a friend request and we'll try to do some co-op.

I'm around level 150

First playthrough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq