• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • AC Type:
    Medium Bipod
  • PSNID:
    Coldstone10

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

Well. This is a thread for UNACs builds. It has several purposes.
1. People can show their UNACs here
2. People can give tipps to improve given UNACs or point out weaknesses.

I will start with the first UNAC I did in the game.

At first it was an exact copy of my Gaunt build, but has evolved since that.

Frame Parts:

Head: HC-129 (Betsy Ross)
Core: Co-D-S29
Arms: Ar-M-W48 (Hokaibo)
Legs: Le2M-T-W30 (Caspar Dunbar)

AP: 36976
KE: 1831
CE: 2246
TE: 434

Internals:

Engine: MAKIBASHIRA mdl.3
FCS: USUGUMO mdl.2
Booster: Bo-C-H11
Recon: Re-X-A07

Booster: 147
HB: 294
EN Regen: 2870

Weapons:

Right Arm: Au-B-A04 3/0/0 (Rifle)
Left Arm: ARAGANE mdl.2 3/0/0 (Battle Rifle)
Shoulder: NUEDORI mdl.1 (Plasma Missile)
Right Bay: Au-F-K16 3/0/0 (Heat Howitzer)
Left Bay: Au-F-K16 3/0/0

A relative simple build. It shall keep a certain distance for the combined fire of Rifle/Battle Rifle/Plasma missile as long as an oposing AC reached below a certain disance. Then it will switch to the Howitzers. This was the first UNAC I ever build and it still has its uses. Obvious weakness of course is the lack of TE Defense. My original build had somewhat over 1700 KE and ce and TE of roughly 1300 with more AP. Certainly this could do a little better against Pulse weapons, but I found that the go to more KE and CE Armor is more effective. Shields are for my other unacs. Armor is enough to block out Tansys and the non Highpower Battle Rifles.

I found the Betsy Ross head only recently. It has really good defenses imo. Especially the added KE Def is a keypoint here.
Welcome to training cadet. I like to think of this lovely place as my home.
Well you wouldn't even think of upsetting me in my home, would you?
Of course you wouldn't.
So do what I say, when I say and I won't get upset.
I'll do bad things when I'm upset.

#2 Robotnik

Robotnik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • AC Type:
    Bipedal-M, Bipedal-H, RJ-Heavy, Tetrapod, Tank
  • PSNID:
    Overlord_Blade

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

That frame is actually similar to one of the Zodiac ACs from Armored Core V. The one I am talking about is Zodiac No. 8, Leo. It's a fairly durable Bipedal-Medium designed for Close-Range firefights and Melee combat.

Recreating Zodiac No. 8, Leo in Armored Core: Verdict Day would produce the following:

FRAME
Head: Hd-R-E08
Arms: Ar-M-E28
Legs: Le2M-T-W30

INTERNAL COMPONENTS
FCS: unknown
Generator: unknown
Booster: BA-124 or BA-214
Recon: unknown

WEAPONRY
Right Arm: Au-C-B19
Left Arm: Au-E-B08
Shoulder: Su-J-A28
R. Hanger: X100 MOONLIGHT
L. Hangar: AM/HGA-304

KE Defense: 2123
CE Defense: 1635
TE Defense: 600+

I have actually been trying to overhaul the design in order to use it as a UNAC. I'm still playing with the overall configuration, but I wanted to improve the design while keeping its role close to that of the original. Since Leo is a computer-controlled AC, its internal components are unknown. However, I did get a look at the exhaust ports on its boosters while playing Armored Core V and I believe I am correct about those.

Here is what I have so far:

FRAME
Head: HD-210
Core: Co-D-S29 (Betsy Ross)
Arms: Ar-M-E34/L

INTERNAL COMPONENTS
FCS: FA-215
Generator: SUZUMUSHI mdl.1
Booster: TOKONATSU mdl.1
Recon: ASATORI mdl.3

WEAPONRY
Right Arm: Au-C-B19 [2 0 1]
Left Arm: Au-E-B08 [2 1 0]
R. Hangar: AMAGOROMO mdl.2
L. Hanger: AKIGIRI mdl.2 [3 0 0]

KE Defense: 1844
CE Defense: 1559
TE Defense: 916

Disclaimer: I have a CRT type television and because Verdict Day's graphics are optimized for HD televisions it's difficult to read most of the text on my screen. In short; any numbers I post may be incorrect.

My changes to the frame provide a usable level of TE Defense without huge losses to CE or KE Defense. I tried very hard to get this UNAC to use the MOONLIGHT before replacing it with a TE shield, but it could only strike slower Tetrapods with any reliability and using a Laser Blade on Tanks or Bipedal-Heavy ACs is generally a waste of effort. I replaced the AM/HGA-304 with an AKIGIRI mdl.2 in order to improve its combat performance against Tetrapods, RJ-Heavies, and Bipedal-Heavies. I'm considering changing or replacing the Shotgun, but I'm unsure what to try. It does have some problems, though. With a High Boost rating of just over 270, its mobility isn't much better than a Bipedal-Heavy designed for Close-Range firefights. It has some minor Energy Consumption issues if it has to dodge extensively, but I might be able to fix that with some changes to its Evasion and Special Movement chips. Incidentally, I tried using the ARAGANE mdl.2 on this, but found the Au-C-B19's superior Attack Power to be more useful.

I use it for Close-Range firefights, just like the original. I also intend to send a Bipedal-Heavy UNAC into the fray along with it. A RJ-Heavy UNAC based on Zodiac No. 02, Aquarius, will be providing Fire Support from Medium-Range. I will either be on the field, providing fire support and directing the UNACs, or acting as Operator and adding a 4th UNAC.

I'm curious as to how accurate your UNAC is with the H.E.A.T. Howitzers. UNACs can be very accurate with dumbfire weapons, but only if they are programmed properly. I would also like to know why you selected the USUGUMO mdl.2 for the FCS. I know the NUEDORI mdl.1 has a fairly long Firing Range, but wouldn't the FA-108 or the FA-215 match the rest of the weapons better?
Now, witness the power of an invincible UNAC squadron, built by the hands of a genius!

#3 Leos Klein

Leos Klein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • AC Type:
    High Speed Midweight Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    NikolaiDoctrine

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

I'll post some of my "retired" UNACs.

The first one is "Damocles"

Head: HC-129 (Betsy Ross)
Core: CC-208 (Caspar Dunbar)
Arms: AB-107D (Barry Bull)
Legs: AOI mdl.1

R Arm: X00 Karasawa (0/3/0)
L Arm: Au-C-B19 (3/0/0)
R Bay: X00 Karasawa (0/3/0)
L Bay: Au27 Koel (3/0/0)
Shoulder: Muratori Mdl.2 (Reserve Magazine)

FCS: Usugumo Mdl.3
Generator: Ge-D-G23
Booster: BA-309
Recon: RA-209

AP: 42225
KE: 1516
CE: 2146
TE: 3051
B: 109
HB: 256
Turn: 690

The premise? Give up shoulder weapons for an absurd number of Karasawa shots. This, combined with the highest DPS gatling gun (expanded from 150 shots to 480), is probably the best exploitation of the reserve magazines. Other possible additions were the fast-locking sniper rifles, which would individually have enough ammo to rival regular sniper rifles now.

Limitations were the low EN recovery and failure to take down other HWBP and tank builds, and the slow/unreliable damage output of the Karasawa. Even with fine tuning, it was possible for the UNAC to end up out of energy and waste a charged-up shot. Low capacity generators also meant it was very difficult to get the full 10000 TE damage out of each shot too. At the end of the day, it's still a gimmick build, but could demolish Tetrapods, RJs, and Midweight Bipeds.

#4 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

That frame is actually similar to one of the Zodiac ACs from Armored Core V. The one I am talking about is Zodiac No. 8, Leo. It's a fairly durable Bipedal-Medium designed for Close-Range firefights and Melee combat.

Recreating Zodiac No. 8, Leo in Armored Core: Verdict Day would produce the following:

FRAME
Head: Hd-R-E08
Arms: Ar-M-E28

INTERNAL COMPONENTS
FCS: unknown
Generator: unknown
Booster: BA-124 or BA-214
Recon: unknown

WEAPONRY
Right Arm: Au-C-B19
Left Arm: Au-E-B08
R. Hanger: X100 MOONLIGHT
L. Hangar: AM/HGA-304

KE Defense: 2123
CE Defense: 1635
TE Defense: 600+

You can make some fairly good guesses on No. 8's internals based on the range he fires his weapons at, the number of missiles he fires at once and by using him as an AI bot in the V CQ servers. (Those are no longer working at the moment but it was possible)

Given that No 8 tended to fire two-three missiles at a time and shoot only at 200 meters or less I would guess that his FCS choice is yasakani or glance. When you use him as an AI bot you see that he has the sticky recons and I've only seen him use 2-3 at a time.

Boosters are up in the air as its very difficult to compare speeds but since he will occasionally walk during combat I thought he was using the herz generator. Maybe one of the non-vital high outputs.

I had gone and done this will all the Zodiacs back on V because I liked to screw around with cosplay builds in free battle. At this point I've forgotten what each Zodiac had but you can always go back to the game and puzzle it out for yourself.

EDIT:
@Klien: you may not want to retire that UNAC yet. I've got a HWBP sawa UNAC and its pretty damn reliable. I don't use ammo reserves or gats though. You might be trying to make it do too much at once.
Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#5 Leos Klein

Leos Klein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    NikolaiDoctrine

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

EDIT:
@Klien: you may not want to retire that UNAC yet. I've got a HWBP sawa UNAC and its pretty damn reliable. I don't use ammo reserves or gats though. You might be trying to make it do too much at once.

I've found better combinations that yield more damage than using the X00 Karasawa. It was still too much of a gamble that the shots were going to land right, and against the right targets.

#6 Robotnik

Robotnik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • AC Type:
    Bipedal-M, Bipedal-H, RJ-Heavy, Tetrapod, Tank
  • PSNID:
    Overlord_Blade

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

To rogan:

Thank you for your response, rogan. I had not bothered with Armored Core V's online mode, so I wasn't aware of that little trick with Conquest Mode. In fact, this is the first game where I've bothered with online multiplayer at all. I actually enjoy analyzing the builds designed for the AI to use as well, but I do it to see if it's possible to make it more effective and/or to see if it's a build that I can use myself. Incidentally, I've read your work on analyzing the Zodiac ACs and I even have it saved to my hard drive. Widowbreaker started the topic at MechaNetwork and posted Zodiacs 1 through 6 (including both versions of Gemini) with credit given to you, and you posted the rest yourself. It's a bit of a shame that the only response you got for your trouble was some smartass commenting about "Role-Playing builds" and stating something along the lines of "I remember that people play to win around here...".

Incidentally, putting everything together produces the following:

FRAME............ACV..........................Verdict Day
Head:............UHD-12 Galahad......Hd-R-E08
Core:.............KT-302.....................Co-D-S29
Arms:.............Elbe AM28-2............Ar-M-E28
Legs:.............Cinto LG104-2..........Le2M-T-W30

INTERNAL COMPONENTS
FCS:...............UFC-11 GLANCE.......FA-215
Generator:.....HERZ GNE500..........MAKIBASHIRA mdl.1
Booster:.........UBT-25/H.................BA-214
Recon:...........STK-16 OKITSU.........RA-103

WEAPONRY
Right Arm:......KO-2H6/Strekoza.....Au-C-B19
Left Arm:........KO-3K2....................Au-E-B08
Shoulder:.......USM-14 Mathura.....Su-J-A28
R. Hanger:......LB-66 Moonlight......X100 MOONLIGHT
L. Hanger:......Oxeye HG25............AM/HGA-304

I actually did get a look at the exhaust ports of Leo's Boosters and I'd say it has to be either the UBT-25/H (BA-214) or the UBT-25 GALE (BA-214). As for the Generator, the options are limited. The Arms, Core, and the weapons on the right side are so heavy that equipping the larger Generators would exceed the Loading Capacity of the Legs (unless he actually was overweight).

Converting it into a UNAC presents its own challenges. Programming UNACs to reliably use Melee weapons is just difficult, period. As I wrote earlier, I could only get it to strike slower Tetrapods with any reliability and if the target had a Laser Rifle, then the UNAC would normally suffer considerable damage in the process. The fact that it's slow for a Bipedal-Medium doesn't help either. High-Acceleration Boosters can only get its High Boost rating to about 270, which is a little too slow for a Bipedal-M designed for Close-Range combat. You have to either lose some weight (with a lighter Core being the most obvious choice), or switch to High-Power Boosters.

To Leos Klein:

I tried making minor modifications to the weapons loadout on Damocles in order to improve its effectiveness against Tanks and Bipedal-Heavies, but I didn't have any significant success. I believe that you are going to have to arm it with either Missiles or Rockets in order for it to perform well against those types of ACs, but that would remove the RESERVE MAGAZINES and cause an ammunition problem with the KARASAWA and the Koel. Since the weapons are not ideal for Close-Range combat, you would probably want Missiles with a high Impact Force. Their are plenty of KE Missiles with a high Impact Force and you could try the SU11 Jailer or the SU23 Jockey if you prefer CE Missiles. The Au-L-K37 has only half the Attack Power of the X00 KARASAWA, but it has over twice the Ammo Capacity. As for the Sniper Rifle, you could try either a KUMORIYO series or an AM/SRA-133. With at least 2 points in Accuracy, they can Lock-On almost as fast as the Au-C-B19. Perhaps one of the lightweight H.E.A.T. Howitzers (Au-F-S03 or Au-F-U21) could replace the AU27 Koel, which I'm assuming is being used as a defensive weapon for Close-Range combat.

The weapons configuration I was testing today was as follows:

R. Arm:........KUMORIYO mdl.2..[0 1 2]
L. Arm:........AM/BRA-224..........[2 0 1]
Shoulder:....MURATORI mdl.2
R. Hanger:...X00 KARASAWA....[0 3 0]
L. Hanger:...AU27 Koel............[3 0 0]

With the range I programmed the UNAC to operate at, the AM/BRA-224 seemed more reliable than the Au-C-B19 due to the higher Muzzle Velocity (though its Attack Power is much lower). The KUMORIYO mdl.2 takes a little time to Lock-On, but its not nearly as bad as the more powerful Sniper Rifles. I didn't seem to be having an major problems with its Energy Consumption, but that could be due to a difference in programming for Evasion and Special Movement.

On a side note, I had typed this brief lecture before your last post was made. I decided to leave this part in on the chance that someone might find it useful.

To Ibram Gaunt:

This UNAC looks like it can dispose of Bipedal-Heavies reliably as long as it can avoid taking a Boost Charge or shots from a Laser Rifle. I'd say a "worst case" scenario would probably be a 1 versus 1 with a Tetrapod or a RJ-H with a KE-Resistant Core and a CIWS. As long as it is supported by an AC with TE weaponry (either a player or another UNAC) it should do fine. Getting back to the weapons, I happen to prefer the Au-B-A04 over the Au-B-A17 myself due to the lower Weight and Energy Consumption, though I use a tuning of [2 0 1].
Now, witness the power of an invincible UNAC squadron, built by the hands of a genius!

#7 Ibram Gaunt

Ibram Gaunt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • AC Type:
    Medium Bipod
  • PSNID:
    Coldstone10

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

Well. The Unac hits fine with the Howitzers, but that might be because he uses them only at 100m or below.

Another one of mine:

AC Name: Hecatoncheires
UNAC Name: Briareos

HEad: Umegae MDL 1
Core: CC-208 Caspar Dunbar Mod
Arms: Kocho MDL 1
Legs: Le2M-D-F24 Linne Mod
FCS: Usugumo MDL 2
Generator: GA-319
Booster: Bo-C-L13

Stats:

Booster: 169
HB: 343

AP:30959
KE: 1644
CE: 1497
TE: 425

Stability: 1058
Recoilresistance: 1120
Turning performance: 858
EN Regen: 4008

Weapons:

RA/LA: AM/SRA-133 3/0/0 Tuning
Shoulders: SL/KMC-204V Vertical Missile

A sniper Unac which usually works together with a similar unac designed by my buddy. His provides Sub Computer support while mine uses its Snipers and Missiles to do harm. I decided for this particular Vertical Missile due to its high Range and high Ammo count. It works well with the Snipers. I used a TE shield for a while too, but it mostly exchanged that directly for the sniper, so I saved the weight. I used the GA-319 Engine since the Makibashira 3 had too little EN Regen for the L13 booster use. It works better with this one. Obvious Weakpoints are its Armor values. TRhe Highpower weapons easily hit through them. The programming is of course so that it should keep its distance, butlike one famous german General once said. "No plan survives enemy contact".
Of course you wouldn't.

#8 Leos Klein

Leos Klein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    NikolaiDoctrine

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

Well. The Unac hits fine with the Howitzers, but that might be because he uses them only at 100m or below.

Another one of mine:

AC Name: Hecatoncheires
UNAC Name: Briareos

HEad: Umegae MDL 1
Core: CC-208 Caspar Dunbar Mod
Arms: Kocho MDL 1
Legs: Le2M-D-F24 Linne Mod
FCS: Usugumo MDL 2
Generator: GA-319
Booster: Bo-C-L13

Stats:

Booster: 169
HB: 343

KE: 1644
CE: 1497
TE: 425

Stability: 1058
Recoilresistance: 1120
Turning performance: 858
EN Regen: 4008

Weapons:

RA/LA: AM/SRA-133 3/0/0 Tuning
Shoulders: SL/KMC-204V Vertical Missile

A sniper Unac which usually works together with a similar unac designed by my buddy. His provides Sub Computer support while mine uses its Snipers and Missiles to do harm. I decided for this particular Vertical Missile due to its high Range and high Ammo count. It works well with the Snipers.

Why Umegae Mdl.1 and not Hd-U-C23 retrofit? Raw Speed alone?

Also, Usugumo Mdl.2 might be overkill. With that head, you have a lock range of 717 meters. Your sniper rifles are only doing ~1/4th of their total damage beyond 550 meters, and 500 is really the furthest effective range they have. You can equip any head with a camera performance of 600 or more and get away with the longest lock range you need, OR, keep a 900+ camera head and equip Usugumo Mdl.3, which gives you about a lock range of 500 with a faster missile computation (plus more than 1 missile lock, significantly increasing your missile damage potential).

So if you swapped the head for HC-129 and kept Usugumo Mdl.2, you'd gain notable boost speed and defense (at the cost of some EN recovery) and still have a sufficiently long lock box... or if you swapped for Hd-U-C23 Marcus Fischer retrofit, you'd gain stats across the board (including EN recov) and still be able to use Usugumo Mdl.3, which gets you a range of 50m lower than your maximum range, but saves you a whopping 800 EN recov (25% more) and 500 AP, plus the ability to fire 4 missiles instead of 2.

By equipping a higher KE head, you may be able to move other core/leg/arm parts around and get that TE or CE up higher, since you only really need to hit 1606 KE to avoid a power-tuned Kinfolk, or 1671 for the second-most powerful rifle, both of which have enough muzzle velocity to be a worry for snipers.

I didn't test this out by building it, but those seem to jump out at me as reasonable part swaps you could experiment with.

#9 Ibram Gaunt

Ibram Gaunt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • AC Type:
    Medium Bipod
  • PSNID:
    Coldstone10

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

I think you confused the FCS.

USUGUMO MDL 1 is the 500 range one.
the MDL 2 has 280 Range with better Missile locks, that's why I used it for this AND the Umegae head. The MDL 2 has 3 MSL locks, but I programmed the chips that it should fire on 2 lock ons allready, since the Missile has a longer Targeting time, which is negated by the other UNAC with the subs.
Of course you wouldn't.

#10 Leos Klein

Leos Klein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    NikolaiDoctrine

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

I think you confused the FCS.

USUGUMO MDL 1 is the 500 range one.
the MDL 2 has 280 Range with better Missile locks, that's why I used it for this AND the Umegae head. The MDL 2 has 3 MSL locks, but I programmed the chips that it should fire on 2 lock ons allready, since the Missile has a longer Targeting time, which is negated by the other UNAC with the subs.

Ah, so I did. You're totally correct. In which case, your lock range is 400, which is enough for most battles, though that puts you in prime laser rifle territory for a combat range. Still, what about the Marcus Fischer head?

#11 Ibram Gaunt

Ibram Gaunt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • AC Type:
    Medium Bipod
  • PSNID:
    Coldstone10

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

It might be an alternative. But I like the light weight and better speed of the Umgeae.
Of course you wouldn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq