48 replies to this topic

#41 HustlerOne

HustlerOne

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • AC Type:
    Anythin cept howitzer tanks :( how u do it enders?
  • PSNID:
    Fighting_Street
  • LIVE Tag:
    other psn=Armoredcore9ball

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:12 AM

Mac= expensive paper weight
PC= computer
/end thread

#42 Xander95

Xander95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationIowa
  • AC Type:
    whatever
  • PSNID:
    topnotchpilot95
  • SkypeID:
    XanderGreywofl95

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:04 PM

PC= computer
/end thread

If there was a like button, I would like this comment. I agree with you Hustler. Apple products such as the Macs are just expensive paper weights.

Fear is a disease for which there is no cure.

#43 Not-Hunter

Not-Hunter

Srash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    HRJ/L Tank/L MBP
  • PSNID:
    ShinyHunter7
  • LIVE Tag:
    Shinyhunter7 (Current)
  • SkypeID:
    not.hunter

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

PC= computer
/end thread

expensive paper weight is sometimes suitable for people. it just depends on whether the person would actually use a computer for computer things or for relatively light casual things.

"Everyone wants furry sex if it's with glaceon"

-Py687

Twitter: @Shinyhunter7
{C}https://twitter.com/Shinyhunter7

#44 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

I've had a macbook for the better part of a decade, it works flawlessly AND the original battery still holds a charge. I had a pc that killed its battery in less than a year and started falling apart shortly after. The Mac has always been extremely energy efficient, though it lacks the raw firepower to run starcraft. If I ever buy a new laptop it will probably be a Mac, because weeeeeeee trackpad. On the other hand, last time I checked, PC offers about four times the horsepower per dollar. The pricing on apple desktops is ludicrous.

Close the door, put out the light.

#45 Leos Klein

Leos Klein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • AC Type:
    High Speed Midweight Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    NikolaiDoctrine

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

I've had a macbook for the better part of a decade, it works flawlessly AND the original battery still holds a charge. I had a pc that killed its battery in less than a year and started falling apart shortly after. The Mac has always been extremely energy efficient, though it lacks the raw firepower to run starcraft. If I ever buy a new laptop it will probably be a Mac, because weeeeeeee trackpad. On the other hand, last time I checked, PC offers about four times the horsepower per dollar. The pricing on apple desktops is ludicrous.

Mac VS PC is a purely software debate, since every manufacturer makes their own hardware. If your concern is processing power per dollar, or battery life, you should be arguing Mac VS Dell, Mac VS HP or Mac VS IBM. I know some people who run Windows 7 on their Macbooks simply because they like the hardware, but hate the software. I sort of agree with them, and might do the same if Apple was a little more modular/exposed in how its hardware differs.

Microsoft is a software company, so it's not their fault if the computer manufacturer has shitty components. But Mac builds both hardware AND software, so if they make a mistake, it's all on them. Part of that price increase is subsidizing both of those jobs. It's taken them ~20 years of development to make an OS that was competitive with Windows, but now that they have one, they can justify stupidly high prices.

#46 Spazz1219

Spazz1219

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • AC Type:
    Tanks an quads an tanks an quads an tanks an quads
  • PSNID:
    Good_guy_1219
  • SkypeID:
    spazz121972

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

Windows 8 is good for mobile gaming (partially) and for tablets or touch screen laptops. Desktop? kinda iffy because one obvious pro, is the fact windows 8 can read ISO files, good for torrenting.
sometimes I wonder why is that tank getting bigger?
and then it hits me.....

#47 Xander95

Xander95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationIowa
  • AC Type:
    whatever
  • PSNID:
    topnotchpilot95
  • SkypeID:
    XanderGreywofl95

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

I am trying to unlock my friends LG Optimus and you know how when you try too many times to unlock it then goes to the google account screen? Well, he got it from a friend of ours and this friend doesn't remember his email. Does ANYBODY know how to reset it so it is like new? He would like to use it again. I tried googling it but all I got was root shit. Stuff that you do when logged in. Nothing of how to reset it logged off. Is there like a computer software that will reset it? Or is it hackable? I need to know.

Fear is a disease for which there is no cure.

#48 Ninety

Ninety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • AC Type:
    No

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

http://support.sprin... ... /18918-396

#49 Ruu

Ruu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia
  • AC Type:
    ACVD: Cinto legged Strek Mid.
  • PSNID:
    Ruuku___
  • SkypeID:
    Ruu

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

My opinion on the Macintosh vs PC debate isn't very deep mind you but I have come to some satisfactory conclusions and criteria between the two.

Is it a desktop? If so, go with PC. full stop
Is it a mobile device? Will you be gaming a lot on that laptop? If no, go with Macbooks or the like.
Is it an iPad? If so, its one of the other Apple products that actually make sense
Is it an iPhone? If so, stop and do some research and get a better phone for $800

Mac does has its place, but it isn't gaming or desktop computing. Prices for the Macbook are reasonable for a mobile device, but what they are charging for an iMac is just stupid compared to the power you can get out of a PC for the same. My family has bought an iPad and it is actually a rather nice tablet compared to some of the Android stuff I've had to deal with,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq