31 replies to this topic

#21 HustlerOne

HustlerOne

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • AC Type:
    Anythin cept howitzer tanks :( how u do it enders?
  • PSNID:
    Fighting_Street
  • LIVE Tag:
    other psn=Armoredcore9ball

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:56 AM

The HB/booster values for your AC have nothing to do with it.

Posted Image
lol this whole time I thought I had to be sanic

#22 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

HAH! Kitty.

Ok so my theory... Speed does factor into the equation as stationary hits do very little. I'm guessing HB timing is the most significant damage multiplier. Otherwise it must be a short list of build and situational requirements.

Close the door, put out the light.

#23 HustlerOne

HustlerOne

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Fighting_Street
  • LIVE Tag:

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

HAH! Kitty.

Ok so my theory... Speed does factor into the equation as stationary hits do very little. I'm guessing HB timing is the most significant damage multiplier. Otherwise it must be a short list of build and situational requirements.

Kumo with the junk high accel since its 4 timing with a 165 core

Or alternately kumo with a hw that's overweighted to the max

#24 Winnicots

Winnicots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:07 AM

All te blades can register no less than 3 hits.

That cannot be true. Catch a target in the fringe of the laser blade and the blade will hit only once. Do you mean "all TE blades can hit a maximum of no fewer than 3 times"?

With a meta Aoi build that's barely under 3k te,I was able to shave off 22k ap(without amps!)with the new chainsaw looking blade

That's six hits. I am curious to know the conditions of that hit. Was that with a single blade? Was the target moving along the path of the blade?

How are you testing facts? Have you tried different te blades/leg types? Testing single swing as well as double?

The target was stationary. I used horizontally swinging blades on a light biped. It's been awhile, but I believe I tested double swings only, with the target to the side (so one blade connected) and to the front (so both blades connected).

Have you tried turning into your target with a horizontal single swing? IIRC I've seen tanks take 30k from dual dual range amp ULBs and personally ate a single power moonlight for 30k in a heavy biped.

No I haven't, but I imagine it's easily testable.

You aren't making a fair comparison implying that physical blades will alway land full damage hits and te blades a glancing blow.

I haven't really said anything about Murakumo's damage. No implication intended.

The loss of impact and damage puts most builds in the 3-4 hit KO range, coupled with reload and positioning requirements this equates to overexposure and slower kills vs bread and butter heavys. Tanks and heavy bipeds will often have enough RR to mitigate or completely overcome 003 impact, meaning they can 1 shot kick right through a direct hit.

To be fair, laser blades have no impact force to begin with. Discussion of impact force has more to do with the comparison between 300 and 003 Murakumo.

Claiming 300 kumos are easier to land than te blades is a banable offense, so choose your next words wisely.

That isn't very polite ):

#25 HustlerOne

HustlerOne

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Fighting_Street
  • LIVE Tag:

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

All te blades can register no less than 3 hits.

That cannot be true. Catch a target in the fringe of the laser blade and the blade will hit only once. Do you mean "all TE blades can hit a maximum of no fewer than 3 times"?

With a meta Aoi build that's barely under 3k te,I was able to shave off 22k ap(without amps!)with the new chainsaw looking blade

That's six hits. I am curious to know the conditions of that hit. Was that with a single blade? Was the target moving along the path of the blade?

How are you testing facts? Have you tried different te blades/leg types? Testing single swing as well as double?

The target was stationary. I used horizontally swinging blades on a light biped. It's been awhile, but I believe I tested double swings only, with the target to the side (so one blade connected) and to the front (so both blades connected).

Have you tried turning into your target with a horizontal single swing? IIRC I've seen tanks take 30k from dual dual range amp ULBs and personally ate a single power moonlight for 30k in a heavy biped.

No I haven't, but I imagine it's easily testable.

You aren't making a fair comparison implying that physical blades will alway land full damage hits and te blades a glancing blow.

I haven't really said anything about Murakumo's damage. No implication intended.

The loss of impact and damage puts most builds in the 3-4 hit KO range, coupled with reload and positioning requirements this equates to overexposure and slower kills vs bread and butter heavys. Tanks and heavy bipeds will often have enough RR to mitigate or completely overcome 003 impact, meaning they can 1 shot kick right through a direct hit.

To be fair, laser blades have no impact force to begin with. Discussion of impact force has more to do with the comparison between 300 and 003 Murakumo.

Claiming 300 kumos are easier to land than te blades is a banable offense, so choose your next words wisely.

That isn't very polite ):

Whoa did you just Always Godlike me and Nes? Lmao. You know what I meant by the 3 hit part if you landed 2 hits. However to say maximum of 3 hits would be an assumption, I'm not sure if its its possible to hit an an ac more if they back up throughout the length of a blade, merely because I rarely use te blades. 3 hits from one blade plus 3 hits from another blade = 6 thus when you dual swing you can amount to 6. Maybe more. Maybe not.

Yes ofc the target was stationary but even if it wasn't its not too hard with a 370hb LW to catch up to an Aoi. Hitting something with 2.9k ke wouldn't look so impressive neither for the kumo user but atleast you know it isn't as slow as a hw or tank. I've never been one shotted on my 2.4k ke MW by a kumo; although I'm not saying its impossible

What I'm saying is don't underestimate laser blades if the majority of the community think kumos are way better than te blades guess ima have to start using them since that was the reason I used kumos in V(also because w24 made them look badass)

#26 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:50 AM

Stating opinion or false info as fact, whether you're trolling or genuinely ignorant, is not nice. Being a ragingly mysterious bitch and withholding your precious partially understood sekrits is not nice. Me making a sarcastic quip is actually kindve nice. If this were my forum TE bladers would be banned on sight.

#27 HustlerOne

HustlerOne

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Fighting_Street
  • LIVE Tag:

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:01 AM

If this were my forum TE bladers would be banned on sight.

Lmao now I really want to master te blades

#28 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Come at me, die first!

#29 dikhed7

dikhed7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • PSNID:
    dikhed7

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

My 2 cents; if you want to see how many time a laser blade will hit, stand next to a wall and swing it. There will be animations that looks like electricity. Count the animations. The more contacts you make with the blade the more damage it will do.

If you really want to use laser blades just dual equip ULBs with dual amps on burya/hermes and go to town. I kill people regularly with unamped ULBs and I'm terrible at blading.

I haven't used the skill saw blades much, but ULBs are they way to go.

Was gonna respond to Disso's post, but he's edited it so nvm

#30 Intalus

Intalus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • AC Type:
    low tier
  • PSNID:
    Dissocation

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

If you really want to use laser blades just dual equip ULBs with dual amps on burya/hermes and go to town. I kill people regularly with unamped ULBs and I'm terrible at blading.

ULBs = lazy blades in VD

Calling me Disrespectful over the denvercityskies person gave me The most pleasent laugh ,Thanks that will get me through the day as that was a good troll.

#31 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

ULBs = lazy blades in VD

They are effective though. I'm generally more wary of ULBs than I am of moonlights, even though the moonlights hit harder.
Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#32 Not-Hunter

Not-Hunter

Srash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    HRJ/L Tank/L MBP
  • PSNID:
    ShinyHunter7
  • LIVE Tag:
    Shinyhunter7 (Current)
  • SkypeID:
    not.hunter

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

Moonlights are relatively hard to hit with compared to other blades, but the damage is high enough that it's worth using if you can figure out how to hit consistently.

"Everyone wants furry sex if it's with glaceon"

-Py687

Twitter: @Shinyhunter7
{C}https://twitter.com/Shinyhunter7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq