• LocationIowa
  • AC Type:
    whatever
  • PSNID:
    topnotchpilot95
  • SkypeID:
    XanderGreywofl95

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

I have an ePSXe 1.9 PS1 emulator, Visualboy Advance gameboy emulator, Project 64 N64 emulator, and 4 atari emulators.  My favorite is my ePSXe 1.9 emulator because I can play games that I grew up with and games that I never played that I always wanted to play.  What's your favorite emulator?

Fear is a disease for which there is no cure.

#2 Not-Hunter

Not-Hunter

Srash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    HRJ/L Tank/L MBP
  • PSNID:
    ShinyHunter7
  • LIVE Tag:
    Shinyhunter7 (Current)
  • SkypeID:
    not.hunter

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

I can play games that I grew up with and games that I never played that I always wanted to play. 

Doesn't that apply to all emulators, though? I think your topic is a bit misguided, you seem to be wanting to ask "what is your favorite console to emulate?" instead of "which emulator do you like more?"

Asking which emulator is a favorite would mean you'd be comparing the emulators themselves, not the games you can play with them.

EDIT: As for myself, I usually prefer to try and find the original copy of a game and its console when possible, and only emulate when that either doesn't work out or the game doesn't interest me much.

"Everyone wants furry sex if it's with glaceon"

-Py687

Twitter: @Shinyhunter7
{C}https://twitter.com/Shinyhunter7

#3 Py687

Py687

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationACU
  • AC Type:
    Live and Learn
  • PSNID:
    Pky687
  • LIVE Tag:
    Pky687

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

srash y do u even try

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

#4 Not-Hunter

Not-Hunter

Srash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    HRJ/L Tank/L MBP
  • PSNID:
    ShinyHunter7
  • LIVE Tag:
    Shinyhunter7 (Current)
  • SkypeID:
    not.hunter

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

SOMEONE HAS TO.

-Py687

#5 sam_arcade

sam_arcade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • AC Type:
    any type
  • PSNID:
    Sam_Arcade
  • LIVE Tag:
    Sam Arcade

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

where did you download those emulator??

i work in the dark to serve the light

#6 Not-Hunter

Not-Hunter

Srash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    HRJ/L Tank/L MBP
  • PSNID:
    ShinyHunter7
  • LIVE Tag:
    Shinyhunter7 (Current)
  • SkypeID:
    not.hunter

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:29 AM

You can find most emulators just by googling their name, or googling the console you want to emulate.

-Py687

#7 Superbuns576

Superbuns576

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationLand O Lakes, FL
  • AC Type:
    Light-biped Assault type.
  • LIVE Tag:
    XxTh1rdEyexX

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

I've been using the PCSX2 (lastest version) to play AC2 and AC3 and it runs smoothly. Though I have noticed, at least for me, it is a little demanding on your PC. So I went and got a new graphics card (which in turn demanded a new power supply >.>) and is as smooth as butter. 

#8 Plus Escapee

Plus Escapee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • AC Type:
    Featherweight Bipedal

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:24 AM

The PS2 was such abnormal hardware for it's time that it's no wonder that the best emulator, PCSX2, struggles to run in optimally. It's a good emulator, but it may be some time before we see a fully realized and optimized emulator for PS2 that doesn't have to rely on grossly overpowered Pentium i5 or i7 CPUs with the latest GPU video card to run it like butter. I mean, PS2 was a 4mb RAM 300 MHZ main processor machine and 4 core processors struggle with it? Like I said, PS2 was bizarre hardware unlike anything else at the time, but the current PCSX2 emulator, while a decent effort, needs a bit more time to evolve.

By now I suspect you all wore out your ePSXe and CHANcast emulators back when you were running 3 ghz single-core processors. Been there, done that, it's nothing but good memories and old times at this point. You've played the shit out of Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time to the point where you will certainly puke if you ever step into the water temple again.

While they tackle the difficult task of refining a PS2 emulator worth a good goddamn, the best emulator right now is the PPSSPP emulator for PSP. Flawless in almost every way, it emulates a machine slightly more powerful than the PS2 and offers a massive graphical upgrade with high framerates on default settings to any machine with four or more main CPU cores. If you happen to like any of the titles on PSP, then I highly recommend the PPSSPP emulator for PC. It's a real work of emulator art, for a machine with a massive library of great games.

#9 Leos Klein

Leos Klein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • AC Type:
    High Speed Midweight Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    NikolaiDoctrine

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:28 PM

Funny you should mention PPSSPP.

http://armoredcorele...ayer-emulation/

It really is pretty wonderful, and actually better than the PSP was because you can map a PS3 controller to it, and they now have WLAN emulation and VPN support. It would be nice to get a LR:P or SL:P multiplayer group going on.

#10 Plus Escapee

Plus Escapee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • AC Type:
    Featherweight Bipedal

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:16 AM

Funny you should mention PPSSPP.

http://armoredcorele...ayer-emulation/

It really is pretty wonderful, and actually better than the PSP was because you can map a PS3 controller to it, and they now have WLAN emulation and VPN support. It would be nice to get a LR:P or SL:P multiplayer group going on.

Ah, I found your thread and replied to it prior to finding your mention of it here. I owned a PSP (R.I.P.) and played 9k hours of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I reunited with MHFU on PC years later and was amazed at how awesome the PPSSPP emulator was for that specific title.

Yes, PPSSPP is probably the best emulator out right now. It's very well done.

#11 Skylark_J

Skylark_J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLondon, U.K.
  • AC Type:
    Praxis Heavy Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    Skylark_J

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:57 AM

MAME arcade emulator for when I want to play the classics. The version I have has roughly 5000 old school games.

But there was one game I played that was just like Armored Core except it was a 2D side scroller. I could never find it again so I can't remember much of it. All I remember is starting out on a forest level but couldn't complete it for some reason. It must've been too difficult.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq