• 56 posts
  • AC Type:
    any type
  • PSNID:
    Sam_Arcade
  • LIVE Tag:
    Sam Arcade

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

im planing to buy the 4th gen of armored core via xbox store, so which one to buy first??

i work in the dark to serve the light

#2 Leos Klein

Leos Klein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • AC Type:
    High Speed Midweight Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    NikolaiDoctrine

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

Depends. ACFA is a better game, objectively, but it's also not the first one (and it references AC4 a lot, you'll miss those if you play ACFA first) and it's also less "cool" or "pretty" than AC4, even if the gameplay is better.

AF4 was beautiful. It was pleasing to watch and had some of hte most unique AC missions (and some of the best, in my opinion) in the entire series. HOWEVER, a lot of weapons were overpowered and a lot of parts were useless, and it wasn't balanced very well. Grenade explosions would fill up the entire screen, there were things going on miles away from where you were, and the tone of the game was very artistic.

For Answer is generally uglier and more 'normal' in its style, but has much better story and much much much much better weapons and gameplay mechanics. The Arms Fort battles are pretty cool, but stylistically don't really feel as "cool" as some of the more beautiful AC4 missions. It was also much faster paced and ACs were stupidly quick.

In other words, go with For Answer unless you're planning on getting both eventually (then start with 4 and work your way up to 4 answer) or you really, really want the beautiful style of AC4.

If you don't care about the style or continuity though? ACFA all the way.

#3 sam_arcade

sam_arcade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • AC Type:
    any type
  • PSNID:
    Sam_Arcade
  • LIVE Tag:
    Sam Arcade

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:46 PM

do they still have the data convert??

#4 Leos Klein

Leos Klein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • AC Type:
    High Speed Midweight Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    NikolaiDoctrine

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:38 PM

Yes. Although you may not want to use it, FA's story is very good especially if you don't have access to the best weapons from the start (which will happen if you use data convert).

#5 sam_arcade

sam_arcade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • AC Type:
    any type
  • PSNID:
    Sam_Arcade
  • LIVE Tag:
    Sam Arcade

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:29 AM

then im gonna download AC4 cuz i heard that all lynx are OP

#6 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:08 AM

Buy ACFA, if you ask nicely some of the SUNN players will happily n0b stomp you online.

PS3 doesn't have much in terms of FA players left.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#7 Parry

Parry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • AC Type:
    Pre-AC5: Heavies, post AC5: tanks
  • PSNID:
    ParryACO

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:07 AM

Buy ACFA, if you ask nicely some of the SUNN players will happily n0b stomp you online.

PS3 doesn't have much in terms of FA players left.

Mich apparently still plays.

"Those who seek power are the absolute corruptible."

#8 March Unto Torment

March Unto Torment

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LIVE Tag:
    Zero Reaper 00

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:39 AM

Depends. ACFA is a better game, objectively, but it's also not the first one (and it references AC4 a lot, you'll miss those if you play ACFA first) and it's also less "cool" or "pretty" than AC4, even if the gameplay is better.

AF4 was beautiful. It was pleasing to watch and had some of hte most unique AC missions (and some of the best, in my opinion) in the entire series. HOWEVER, a lot of weapons were overpowered and a lot of parts were useless, and it wasn't balanced very well. Grenade explosions would fill up the entire screen, there were things going on miles away from where you were, and the tone of the game was very artistic.

For Answer is generally uglier and more 'normal' in its style, but has much better story and much much much much better weapons and gameplay mechanics. The Arms Fort battles are pretty cool, but stylistically don't really feel as "cool" as some of the more beautiful AC4 missions. It was also much faster paced and ACs were stupidly quick.

In other words, go with For Answer unless you're planning on getting both eventually (then start with 4 and work your way up to 4 answer) or you really, really want the beautiful style of AC4.

If you don't care about the style or continuity though? ACFA all the way.

Alright, stop hacking into my brain and stealing my thoughts on the 4th Gen >:|

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq