• 503 posts
  • AC Type:
    Four legged crab monsters
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:47 PM

So I do a normal sortie. I have two mercs and one UNAC.

As soon as the game starts, one of my mercs kills himself instantly, while the other hangs back. I'm piloting a blader, so I need to get close to the enemy in order to get a few hits in. The problem is that they are all literally shoulder to shoulder, and peppering me with bullets, so I give the order for the UNAC to attack while I do a tactical retreat.

The other merc deals a tiny bit of damage to the enemy before retreating once he sees the UNAC and myself get surrounded by the enemy team.

I manage to escape, and fine my ally hiding behind the boundary line at full AP, not even bothering to try and help me get any damage in whatsoever. 

I die, and then my team mate gets gang raped by the other team. After the match I ask him a simple question

"Why didn't you help out?". No salt, just wanted to know what was up.

His response is to call me a noob, and tell me that I was an idiot for getting me and my UNAC surrounded. 

Soo... Let me get this straight: 

You hang back from the team, and barely provide any form of help at all (Three pop-shots do not count as help). After your remaining two allies get engaged by the entire enemy (Knowing full well  that one of your team mates is a BLADER) you think it's a good idea to ABANDON your team mates and hide behind a boundary line while sucking your thumb and hoping for you death to be quick. That's a better strategy than me actually trying to outmanoeuvre the other team, call in the UNAC to distract in order to get a blade strike in? What?

I wouldn't have minded the loss if that guy didn't act like a jerk when responding to my message. I've been running into more and more people like that recently, and using the player rating system on the xbox just lowers the already small pool of players that I can interact with when playing.

I never thought that a gaming community would be able to drive me away from a game that I love... Bravo Xbox community, you're doing a heck of a job making me dread going on the only good game I have on my console. Good fucking job. 

I really should have gotten a ps3 instead. I imagine that things are a bit better on there. That and I'd actually be able to go one the JP server. 

Defeat is just temporary. I will return, and I will beat you eventually!

#2 Not-Hunter

Not-Hunter

Srash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    HRJ/L Tank/L MBP
  • PSNID:
    ShinyHunter7
  • LIVE Tag:
    Shinyhunter7 (Current)
  • SkypeID:
    not.hunter

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:56 PM

People are just as stupid on PSN as they are anywhere else, they just have a harder time expressing it to you, due to the rather difficult nature of sending a message on PSN. Try not to worry about it too much. Assholes win by annoying people, so the simplest solution is to simply disregard what they say. Anything they say has no affect on the game or your life unless you allow it to, really.

Seriously, though, there's far stronger ways to insult someone than calling them a noob, so it shouldn't matter much at all. Not to say they should continue being an ass, but it's not worth your time to care about it. Unless, of course, you seek an actual answer to "why are people stupid assholes", in which case you have a long road ahead of you.

"Everyone wants furry sex if it's with glaceon"

-Py687

Twitter: @Shinyhunter7
{C}https://twitter.com/Shinyhunter7

#3 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

lol, I know it shouldn't bother me, but I'm just the kind of person that gets bugged by others who behave like jerks because I make an effort to try and be nice to other people, even if It's over the internet. I don't always succeed, but I try very hard. 

Good new is, however, that I have a friend who is willing to sell me his extra PS3, so I may be jumping into the JP servers soon. I'll just need to find myself a team and then I'll finally be able to learn how to play the game properly.

#4 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:47 AM

wow a thread about trolls on xbox live. You got a nice one who simply left you to death, i've seen trolls who actively help the opposing force. (and been one)

I really don't get why you make threads telling a story about single incidents. You mention seeing this type of behavior often, mercs who do little to nothing to help out during CQ, so why not think of a solution instead: get players you know to merc, make a UNAC squad, play with an active team, etc. ( you are finding fights, so don't tell me there are no active teams)

If this type of behavior is bothering you that badly then I have sad news for you, switching servers will not solve the issue. Trolls exist everywhere. (admittedly they are less common on JP, but the merc system is much less forgiving) I admire you passion for the game, however people do not always play nicely with others. On JP in particular they play to win, if you are a weak link that link gets cut.

EDIT: this is a very pessimistic post.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#5 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:22 AM

Sounds like a dumb scrub trying to boost up the merc leader board. Sad, really. Don't worry about it, and next time you see a merc do that you cut that fucker in half…. and send a really sarcastic merc review… "Great job!"

People are just as stupid on PSN as they are anywhere else, they just have a harder time expressing it to you, due to the rather difficult nature of sending a message on PSN. Try not to worry about it too much. Assholes win by annoying people, so the simplest solution is to simply disregard what they say. Anything they say has no affect on the game or your life unless you allow it to, really.

Seriously, though, there's far stronger ways to insult someone than calling them a noob, so it shouldn't matter much at all. Not to say they should continue being an ass, but it's not worth your time to care about it. Unless, of course, you seek an actual answer to "why are people stupid assholes", in which case you have a long road ahead of you.

PSN can be bad for sure, but most of the established players are concerned with fun and honor before wins. Some go as far as considering the fun of others before there own interests.

Close the door, put out the light.

#6 Not-Hunter

Not-Hunter

Srash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    HRJ/L Tank/L MBP
  • PSNID:
    ShinyHunter7
  • LIVE Tag:
    Shinyhunter7 (Current)
  • SkypeID:
    not.hunter

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:41 AM

PSN can be bad for sure, but most of the established players are concerned with fun and honor before wins. Some go as far as considering the fun of others before there own interests.

Key point being established players. Most people that would do dumb stuff as detailed above are usually not established players, and are typically new or cared very little about the game or its community in the first place. Anyone passionate enough about AC to play VD long enough to establish a proper team or learn how the game actually works is highly unlikely to engage in something so destructive to the game they enjoy.

-Py687

#7 dikhed7

dikhed7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • PSNID:
    dikhed7

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:11 AM

There are dick heads everywhere bro. I would even be willing to wager that there are more people like that on PS3 than xbox. There are kids on ps3 now that I can shit stomp and they still talk trash to me thinking that they are better than me. Armored Core has always been a game of inflated egos. You just need to find some cool people to play with and fuck the rest of them. If it really bothers you, just send them pictures of horse cocks until they bock you.

Was gonna respond to Disso's post, but he's edited it so nvm

#8 DaFume

DaFume

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx
  • AC Type:
    no feet
  • PSNID:
    DaFume

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

pretty funny

#9 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:25 PM

…for a more direct approach issue retaliatory insults and challenge the player to a duel. Try some sort of victory dance/post kill ceremonial sacrifice. If they like to talk shit keep off the mic and let them distract themselves. 

I know of one actual fight among the people I've played with since verdict days release and have heard of a handful through the grapevine. By contrast ACV was like walking into a bar fight. Teams were infiltrated, territories stolen, for awhile there was more variety to shit talk than builds. That game had a much higher % of cod in its player base… on the lighter end of the spectrum I've heard someone threaten to 'disembowel [another player] with a vacuum cleaner' all the way down a teenager viciously insult someone with a speech impediment… competition+anonymity in kill-based online gaming can bring out the worst in people.

#10 HustlerOne

HustlerOne

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • AC Type:
    Anythin cept howitzer tanks :( how u do it enders?
  • PSNID:
    Fighting_Street
  • LIVE Tag:
    other psn=Armoredcore9ball

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:03 AM

Seems something ill do for lulz.

Protip: dont count/trust mercs.

#11 Berlioz

Berlioz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • AC Type:
    MW/LW
  • PSNID:
    Beliroz

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:40 PM

The merc is right
Posted Image

#12 Maze

Maze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    Howie cqc with Nergal, random crap while mercing.
  • PSNID:
    rottenbreed

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:45 PM

While dikhed makes a very good point, I'll say fighting street and beliroz both make very good points too even though beliroz statement could have done with more explanation, if you hire a merc you can't trust them to always play the way you'd expect or want often times I find it best when mercing or hiring mercs to take an AC that's not very risky because of that.

What you don't really say in your op was the mercs load out or what type of ac he was using he may have been using a load reload speed type sniper or just a low dps type build in general that really couldn't draw aggro, I know situations like that from playing as a sniper where I kinda just got stuck watching my team get shredded while I still had full ap and it sucks but it happens sometimes.

so personally I wouldn't have sent a message to the guy, especially asking why he didn't "help out" because that match could have been just as frustrating for him.

as for switching over to ps3 from xbox, it's kinda like saying " you know what I'm getting bullied at school so I'm going to switch schools" it's not really going to change anything there's still assholes and people have to deal with them.

#13 Krell Engineer

Krell Engineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • AC Type:
    Heavy Bipedal Blades and Rifles
  • PSNID:
    lastmonk

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:01 AM

Sadly,  online game is not always what one  would want it be.

If you are  online playing with friends and family ,   online option came be great.  But if you're online

playing with strangers,  all bets are off.   And  Asshole  is putting it mildly.  Certain levels of anonymity brings out the absolute

worst in people.  All sorts of sick, sordid, anti-social, counterproductive behavior becomes the order of the day.

Some strangers will make up their own game within a game (Lets call it the Asshole mini-game), and the joke is on you.  Mercs  who play just to video stream someone else's AC  getting destroyed becomes a  secret troll sport.  You fire up ACVD  and get online thinking that everyone else feels similar about the game that you do and you find out that are some real ignorant cats out there, that essentially ruin the online experience and chase away new players with their dumb  Asshole mini-games.

I don't think there is any easy answer  to the  Assholes, Dim-wits, Knuckle-Heads, Jerk-offs, Morons, Trolls, Social Deviants, and Saboteurs who are online  for there own perverted,twisted,convoluted sense of enjoyment at the expense of other players who are  only  looking to have  a legitimate game play experience.

I've always enjoyed  Single player and two player or lan party  play in Armored Core far more than online play unless it was with family and friends.  To this day I still feel the game developer does the customer and the longevity of a game a disservice when they put all of the best features of a game into the online component at the expense of  single player and two player features.    The Online Assholes out there can destroy an online gaming community almost over night, and if the game has no strong single player or two player features, that's it,  end  of story  all because of some deluded retards.

If I'm not online with friends  or family, my current approach is to only trust my Unac team.  Yes I know that Unac teams  have weaknesses,  but at least I know that intentional  game play sabotage is not on their agenda. The Unac team member is one of the nicest innovations Armored Core has had in a long time.  And TBH sometimes its just  you, your Unac Team  vs the Assholes.  In that scenario at least you know what you're up against. If  I personally Merc  I give it my best effort,  but if the other members are strangers who have not  sortied together before  its hard to coordinate and communicate before a mission unless everyone has a mike.  So the whole Merc-Strange Team thing can be a little  risky and suspect in the first place.

Maybe we should have  a 'BAD Mercs and Saboteurs'  thread  that can be used to identify and discuss  those players that are not good mercs and simply not trying to be, or who purposely Merc just to sabotage.

As far as the statistical size of Assholes on  PSN vs  XBox, its reasonable to believe that the console with the most users has the most assholes.  Its also reasonable to believe that the console that has the most users under (pick a number  let's say  16 years old)  has the most immature gamers which some time can be synonymous with asshole.  It is also reasonable to believe that the console that has been around the longest  has more loyal/established  gamers that usually means less assholes.

If you do switch to PSN  my   tag is lastmonk.   I may not be the strongest player out there,  but if you bump into me as a Merc  you can be assured that team objectives  are a priority with me  and  I don't hide or sabotage,  but I still could be the weakest link  LOL

Infinite diversity in Infinite combinations, the emperor's business enterprises,  his wall building and book burning

are opposite terms in an equation.  I am reason. It's the single emotion you permitted me, 

Everything is reasonable but my mind was not designed for mindless labor.

#14 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:38 AM

While dikhed makes a very good point, I'll say fighting street and beliroz both make very good points too even though beliroz statement could have done with more explanation, if you hire a merc you can't trust them to always play the way you'd expect or want often times I find it best when mercing or hiring mercs to take an AC that's not very risky because of that.

What you don't really say in your op was the mercs load out or what type of ac he was using he may have been using a load reload speed type sniper or just a low dps type build in general that really couldn't draw aggro, I know situations like that from playing as a sniper where I kinda just got stuck watching my team get shredded while I still had full ap and it sucks but it happens sometimes.

so personally I wouldn't have sent a message to the guy, especially asking why he didn't "help out" because that match could have been just as frustrating for him.

as for switching over to ps3 from xbox, it's kinda like saying " you know what I'm getting bullied at school so I'm going to switch schools" it's not really going to change anything there's still assholes and people have to deal with them.

Ive never seen anyone pull there weight from behind the boundary line.

#15 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:58 AM

Ive never seen anyone pull there weight from behind the boundary line.

What about the bladers I've tricked out of bounds?

#16 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:43 PM

what about all the times you lemming'd it trying to be a sarcastic whore?

#17 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

what about all the times you lemming'd it trying to be a sarcastic whore?

What about all the times you combined Armored Core and booze and fondled the boundary line yourself :3

#18 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:19 AM

Wow, didn't expect this to live as long as it did... Yikes

#19 HustlerOne

HustlerOne

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • AC Type:
    Anythin cept howitzer tanks :( how u do it enders?
  • PSNID:
    Fighting_Street
  • LIVE Tag:
    other psn=Armoredcore9ball

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:11 AM

One time I was tryna merc for cq but this one dude kept spamming a story mission request for like 3 mins.

So I was like k. Sortie with an elbrus tank boost charged him and afked.

#20 Not-Hunter

Not-Hunter

Srash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    HRJ/L Tank/L MBP
  • PSNID:
    ShinyHunter7
  • LIVE Tag:
    Shinyhunter7 (Current)
  • SkypeID:
    not.hunter

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:52 AM

Can't you set the merc registration to filter out story mode hires?

-Py687

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq