• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • AC Type:
    High Speed Midweight Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    NikolaiDoctrine

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:54 PM

I'm late to the Aldnoah train, but I can't be the only one who didn't notice the stark similarities between it and Armored Core. I've only seen the first season, but let's take a second and examine the situation.

First off, the plot itself is lifted almost exactly from AC2, just switch Mars for Earth, and the Princess with the LCC, and corporations/Frighteners for the Orbital Knights. The difference is, where Aldnoah starts off right away with the betrayal, you don't reach that until a third of the way into AC2. Saazbaum is Leos Klein. Your  character plays both the role of Slaine and Inaho at times, conveniently moving the plot forward.

AC:

The LCC comes to Mars to make peace with the corporations and Earth and act as a governing body. A plot is made to destroy them by the corporations, and to use an elite group of mechs to do it. The Frighteners, working initially for the LCC, betray and kill the LCC command, giving the corporations free reign over the unique martian tech. The only thing stopping them is a unique pilot, without loyalties to anyone, with exceptional skill despite being outclassed mechanically. The Frighteners however, are not interested in maintaining the corporate rule, but in commanding the resources of Mars for themselves entirely.

Over the course of the fallout, the pilot is sent up against progressively stronger Martian weapons, and always comes out on top.

Ultimately a massive battle cultivates on a flying STAI battleship where the elite pilot is sent in via airdrop to disable it. Near the end, the man behind it all kills his own teammate before confronting the elite pilot, wherein he is ultimately killed. 

Aldnoah:

The Princess comes to Earth to make peace with the Orbital Knights and Earth and act as a governing body. A plot is made to kill her by the Orbital Knights, and to use an elite group of mechs to do it. The Orbital Knights, working initially for the Vers government, betray and attempt to kill the princess, giving the Orbital Knights free reign over the use of martian tech. The only thing stopping thme is a unique pilot, without loyalties to anyone, with exceptional skill despite being outclassed mechanically. The Orbital Knights, however, are not interested in maintaining the martian fuedal rule, but in commanding the resources of earth for themselves entirely. 

Over the course of the fallout, the pilot is sent up against progressively stronger Martian weapons, and always comes out on top.

Ultimately, a massive battle culminates on a flying Landing Casatle, where the elite pilot is sent in via airdrop to disable it. Near the end, the man behind it all kills his own kind before confronting the elite pilot, wherein he is ultimately killed (until the second season though, but AC2 didn't have to continue the plot, whereas Aldnoah did. At the end of season 1 he was "effectively" killed)

The Martian Kat designs are shockingly similar to the Martian Disorder units, the terran ones are very similar to the AC3 era designs, right down to booster placement and usage. They even include stabilizers like from AC4 and the missle units they have look right out of AC4FA. 

The Landing Castles are frightening like the STAI battleship, and are almost carbon-copy appearance-wise to the Answerer from AC4. 

Aldnoah drives are shockingly similar to Kojima generators in their capabilities, and likewise the difference between Nexts and Normals is very similar to that of Terran and Martian Kats.

It's a good show! But right now I'm having a harder time figuring out, other than character-development-wise, what Aldnoah has that isn't lifted off of Armored Core. Anything else jump out at people when they saw the anime?

#2 Sigma L. Garo

Sigma L. Garo

Pilot

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • AC Type:
    A Light RJ along with a Heavy Bipedal
  • LIVE Tag:
    Jeba716

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

While Aldnoah.Zero did remind me of Armored Core, at least in the aspect of making me want to play it again, I really didn't notice these details. So I'll have to say props to you for noticing the similarities. Inaho does remind of a the standard Raven Protagonist, in terms of battle skill and just being able to turn the tide of a battle with something pretty much considered "low-grade". Though he does talk a hell of a lot more than A.C's typical Raven. Design wise, the Earthling mechs remind me more of the 5th Generation A.C's, while the Martian mechs remind me of the 4rth Generation NEXT's.  

#3 Cerazor

Cerazor

Pilot

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationWagga Wagga, Australia
  • AC Type:
    Medium

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:24 AM

I did not notice these similarities. Guess It was because of all the effort I had to expend to watch the terrible last 2/3rds of the series.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq