• LocationBehind you
  • AC Type:
    All
  • PSNID:
    Major_Kolton
  • LIVE Tag:
    Major Kolton

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:09 PM

So for those who also have it or have been watching videos of it, what are your oppinions about the new From Software game Bloodborne? Me personally I love it, i've played everything from demon souls to this and I gotta say it is pretty damn good and challenging

To truly be a raven... That is what we must strive to become...
My YouTube Channel >>> https://www.youtube.com/user/MajorKolton
My Garage Ac Thread >>>http://forum.armoredcorelegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1356
My Thread where you can request build types, and they could be made into a video and I would give a shot out to you! >>>http://armoredcorelegacy.com/board/index.php?/topic/1351-new-design-ideas-requests/

1MDUVIM.jpg

#2 Gripheenix

Gripheenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationLittle Podunk Town
  • AC Type:
    Jack of All Trades
  • PSNID:
    Rakiokon

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

Honestly, it's alright.  I feel validated in my $60, but I feel like the only reason I keep playing it, is because there isn't anything else out there, right now, that I want to play.

From a story/PvE standpoint, the game is decent.  'Challenging' enough, I guess.  Though, it really isn't an actual challenge when there is literally no cost for dying.  In fact you benefit from dying, as long as you learn from your mistakes.  Chalices are a good addition, but they get to feel really grindy, really fast.  All things considered, it's definitely a Souls game, in terms of the single player payout.  You can spend countless hours exploring, and all that.  Or, if you want, you can speed run it, for an added challenge.

However, from a PvP standpoint, the game has a lot of aspirations, only to fall so incredibly short.  For one:  There are 13 weapons in the game, not including guns/off-hands.  So, it is literally impossible to be unique, or stand out.  No matter what, there will always be at least 1000 other people using your exact same build and setup, and opponents you face will know exactly how to counter it.

On top of that, the matchmaking system is total crap.  First off, you can only be invaded if there is a bell ringing lady in your world.  And, aside from only two areas in the game, not counting the sinister dungeons that maybe 2 people are ever in at any given time, the only way to have a bell maiden in your world, is either by doing co-op, or ringing your own sinister bell.  What's more, is that you can find the bell maiden once she spawns, and she is in the exact same spot every single time, and you can kill her, completely nullifying any invasion attempts.  Also, I've found that if you are at the end of the game, bell maidens simply do not appear in the main areas of the game, no matter what.  They still show up in dungeons, but the chances that someone else is in that exact same dungeon, trying to invade, are slim to none, unless you're in a set up fight club dungeon, made by a streamer (because there's no way to label your dungeons as a random person, and the only way people are ever going to figure out it's a PvP dungeon, is if someone tells them).

Now, there is some covenant play, which makes for some amusing 'secret' invasions.  Unfortunately, at this moment, those are even more rare than normal invasions, since no one really understands how it all works.  So, basically, if you aren't trying to get invaded, or get some PvP, chances are, you won't have any to speak of, unless you're wandering through either of the "PvP-enabled" zones, for your first time.  And even then, you're still at the mercy of the matchmaking system, since there's actually a proximity factor involved, since both summons and invaders spawn into your world from where they were standing in their own.  And this is also all assuming that the servers are playing nice.

All in all, it's a good game, for your single player experience, but the PvP scene really, really needs some attention.  If things remain the way they are right now, the only people who will be left playing by the end of May will be speed-runners, 'challenge seekers' who are exploring the higher level dungeons and/or taking a character into NG+10, and people who are just picking it up for the first time, after waiting until it dropped in price.  I'm not dooming the game, but I am saying that things need to change, if they want people to keep with it.

(Cool things happen when you click on Megaman's face.)

sig-1.png

#3 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
    Four legged crab monsters
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:41 PM

The game seems to be more geared towards PVE than PVP. I'm not complaining, because I have Scholar of the First Sin (PC) for all my PVP needs. 

as a PVE game, I freaking LOVE Bloodborne. The game is very cool, and the boss battles against other hunters are the most epic things ever. I loved the game, and thought that it was worth every penny. 

Shame that a few past features were strangely not present in this game. Why do I need to select "Use multiple" instead of just having the game ask me whether or not I want to use multiples of that item when I hit "use"? Why do I have to go to the Hunter's Dream just to warp to another lamp or respawn enemies? Why do you suffer a max health penalty when invading? Why can I only invade gank squads?

My problems with the game are mostly little nitpicks. Overall, I loved this game!

I wrote this as I was writing an essay, so I did not go over this post. My thoughts are likely to be disorganized, so sorry about that. 

Defeat is just temporary. I will return, and I will beat you eventually!

#4 Major Kolton

Major Kolton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • AC Type:
    All
  • PSNID:
    Major_Kolton
  • LIVE Tag:
    Major Kolton

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

Honestly, it's alright.  I feel validated in my $60, but I feel like the only reason I keep playing it, is because there isn't anything else out there, right now, that I want to play.

From a story/PvE standpoint, the game is decent.  'Challenging' enough, I guess.  Though, it really isn't an actual challenge when there is literally no cost for dying.  In fact you benefit from dying, as long as you learn from your mistakes.  Chalices are a good addition, but they get to feel really grindy, really fast.  All things considered, it's definitely a Souls game, in terms of the single player payout.  You can spend countless hours exploring, and all that.  Or, if you want, you can speed run it, for an added challenge.

However, from a PvP standpoint, the game has a lot of aspirations, only to fall so incredibly short.  For one:  There are 13 weapons in the game, not including guns/off-hands.  So, it is literally impossible to be unique, or stand out.  No matter what, there will always be at least 1000 other people using your exact same build and setup, and opponents you face will know exactly how to counter it.

On top of that, the matchmaking system is total crap.  First off, you can only be invaded if there is a bell ringing lady in your world.  And, aside from only two areas in the game, not counting the sinister dungeons that maybe 2 people are ever in at any given time, the only way to have a bell maiden in your world, is either by doing co-op, or ringing your own sinister bell.  What's more, is that you can find the bell maiden once she spawns, and she is in the exact same spot every single time, and you can kill her, completely nullifying any invasion attempts.  Also, I've found that if you are at the end of the game, bell maidens simply do not appear in the main areas of the game, no matter what.  They still show up in dungeons, but the chances that someone else is in that exact same dungeon, trying to invade, are slim to none, unless you're in a set up fight club dungeon, made by a streamer (because there's no way to label your dungeons as a random person, and the only way people are ever going to figure out it's a PvP dungeon, is if someone tells them).

Now, there is some covenant play, which makes for some amusing 'secret' invasions.  Unfortunately, at this moment, those are even more rare than normal invasions, since no one really understands how it all works.  So, basically, if you aren't trying to get invaded, or get some PvP, chances are, you won't have any to speak of, unless you're wandering through either of the "PvP-enabled" zones, for your first time.  And even then, you're still at the mercy of the matchmaking system, since there's actually a proximity factor involved, since both summons and invaders spawn into your world from where they were standing in their own.  And this is also all assuming that the servers are playing nice.

All in all, it's a good game, for your single player experience, but the PvP scene really, really needs some attention.  If things remain the way they are right now, the only people who will be left playing by the end of May will be speed-runners, 'challenge seekers' who are exploring the higher level dungeons and/or taking a character into NG+10, and people who are just picking it up for the first time, after waiting until it dropped in price.  I'm not dooming the game, but I am saying that things need to change, if they want people to keep with it.

yeah the pvp is bad lol, i want mah 1v1s. I hate trying to pvp and getting ganked

To truly be a raven... That is what we must strive to become...
My YouTube Channel >>> https://www.youtube.com/user/MajorKolton
My Garage Ac Thread >>>http://forum.armoredcorelegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1356
My Thread where you can request build types, and they could be made into a video and I would give a shot out to you! >>>http://armoredcorelegacy.com/board/index.php?/topic/1351-new-design-ideas-requests/

1MDUVIM.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq