rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:03 AM

Ok so I went and traded in DS2 for DS2: Scholar of the 1st Sin. I had read about increase aggression of the AI, item shuffles and encountering more advanced enemies earlier in the game.

However, I'm seeing none of these things. I am very definitely playing on Scholar of the 1st Sin, at least according to the title screen and since that bizarre head thing keeps popping up at bonfires, and I made a brand new character to play with. (my data from DS2 was converted for some reason) I'm ready to fight Nashandra (yawn) but every item has been in the same place, I haven't seen more difficult enemies earlier in the game and the increased aggression isn't there either. (Apart from the Snake Lady boss and Smelter Demon, both of whom were more intelligent and aggressive. But that could just be RNG I suppose)

I'm slowly clearing out everything in an attempt to see if I've missed something but so far nothing. Has anybody else encountered this? Or is it just my game thats FUBAR.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#2 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
    Four legged crab monsters
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:30 AM

The new placements and enemies only apply to the next-gen version of the game. If you're on the 360/PS3, you only get a new boss and item descriptions. Also, you didn't need to trade in DSII because your normal version was going to update with the new boss/item descriptions anyways.

Defeat is just temporary. I will return, and I will beat you eventually!

#3 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

Frack

#4 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

Frack

I guessed right didn't I?

#5 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

Orz

EDIT:

The worse part is that the new boss is as much of a pushover as Nashandra is. For an enemy where you have waste time beating up vendrick (bleed is ur friend) it was a disappointment. The entire fight boiled down to walk away from AoE attack(s) -> jump attack for damage, roll forward through ranged attack -> jump attack for damage. Rinse and repeat.

#6 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:17 AM

Orz

EDIT:

The worse part is that the new boss is as much of a pushover as Nashandra is. For an enemy where you have waste time beating up vendrick (bleed is ur friend) it was a disappointment. The entire fight boiled down to walk away from AoE attack(s) -> jump attack for damage, roll forward through ranged attack -> jump attack for damage. Rinse and repeat.

Isn't that the case for most Souls bosses in general? Roll through their attack, poke them, roll through their attack, etc. ?

#7 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:24 AM

No, its more circle strafing as a lot of boss enemies have a blind spot in DS2. Ultimately I think this is why DS1 is the harder game. (Possible exception of the Fume Knight, my favorite boss) With this new boss I didn't even have to do that. And I had base HP. No points invested there. There was such a long cool down between his attacks that even if his ranged move hit me i could heal in complete safety. His other moves could be avoided by walking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq