• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • AC Type:
    Sawa Quad
  • PSNID:
    jedipron1240

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:42 AM

Okay, this is the HRJ I have been almost exclusively running in CQ the past few weeks. Clunky? Of course. Slow? Like a snail on a saltbed. But those defenses though...

*ahem*

k, I tried to post an image but it said the file extension is not allowed on this community so text format it is!

Missiles: Jellyfish

Head: Kagaribi mdl.1.

Core: CA-215

Arms: AD-228

Legs: LRHA-123

Right Arm: AM/BRA-224 (90 shot BR with 500sh muzzle velocity, 229 range, power spec)

Left Arm: AM/GGA-206 (3500 Gat, power spec)

Right Bay: Au-L-k37 (12shot sawa, rapid spec)

Left Bay: Shield, either KE or TE

Suzumushi gen with tokonatsu boosters and a 280 FCS, wala~

Booster: 135

Hiboost: 272

KE: 1886

CE: 2172

TE: 1015

RR: 1889

Turning: 601

EN Recovery: 4997 (I use up the 12 shot sawa first, then his EN recovery jumps up by about 1,000)

He won't do well in a FB battle royal but on a well balanced team I have come out ahead more often then not.

#2 ___

___

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • AC Type:
    _

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:44 AM

I have one exactly the same Jedi. Except it starts off with te shield and big sawa. Hmg and sniper rifle on the bays with hsm. It's the typical optimum defence HRJ with around 1000 te. I hate it's sluggishness though, but then you got defences.

Watch out for boost chargers, bladers and pilers. They like builds this slow. Suzumushi is a good choice on this build though as long as you don't want big sawa charging. 4 shots for the ap advantage and then you're faster to zone in more. 12 shot you're slower longer but each to their own style.

#3 jedipron

jedipron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • AC Type:
    Sawa Quad
  • PSNID:
    jedipron1240

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:32 PM

Ya he is a sluggish bastard.. I find he works great in a city type map where he can wall jump a lot, despite being slow his wall jumps make him "appear" much faster lol. I played around alot with the 4-shot but settled on the 12 for its more reasonable EN consumption.

#4 Leos Klein

Leos Klein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • AC Type:
    High Speed Midweight Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    NikolaiDoctrine

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

I'd swap out Kagaribi and the arms for something with less energy drain. Swap Kagaribi for another head, the arms for AD-134, and the booster for Bo-C-L13 or Dafeng and you'd have an extra 2800 EN recovery to play with. That's huge. Tokonatsu is nice, but only when you can sacrifice the EN recov.

CE defense wise, the only thing you're buffing is 3BR and Aragane Mdl.2, the latter of which, no one uses because of its insane lock time. You need 2197 to block Aragane Mdl.1 and the 2nd gen accuracy battle rifle (2190), which you're close to but not quite there. It would be better off if you sacrificed some CE for better TE, or more EN recovery.

Likewise, most pulse guns aren't being blocked either, so you aren't sacrificing much by taking a tiny hit in TE defense. You need to hit 1090 to block the longer range accuracy/damage pulse guns (kingfisher and the boxy ones).

I wonder if you'd do better using a lighter gatling gun. A few parts swaps could increase your boost speed above 300, and give you a significant boost in EN without sacrificing too much defense. Running at around 1880/2050/1100 would be far superior to 

#5 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:39 AM

Is this the one with the awesome blue and red decal scheme?

Anyway:

Is there any way to squeeze a few more points of TE onto this? You are just shy of blocking out PGs. The Scarlet head comes to mind and it gives you 1900/2148/1093 for defenses. Blocks HSM completely, 3BR and some PGs while sitting at 39686 AP. Not bad, but I don't know if there is a more efficient frame.

I think the weapons are what needs the most work here. You are kinda all over the place. I think the 12 shot + shield is good but gat + verts + BR doesn't really hit much. On something this bulky I would consider Subs + streks. Also, change the FCS to E28. You'll need the wider lock box more than the added range.

I agree with running more powerful boosters, toko is good but as it stands a HBP with Shin + Suzu is just about as fast as you are.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#6 jedipron

jedipron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • AC Type:
    Sawa Quad
  • PSNID:
    jedipron1240

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:10 PM

Ya it is the red/blue one. =D I kinda went with a "fire and lightning" theme.

Good suggestions, I think I will try swapping out the arms/head/boosters because ya energy drain is really high... If Ultros could perma glide in scan mode he would fair better in 1v1 situations. I will also try dual strekozas but, I dunno, I feel helpless without missiles lol

#7 ___

___

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • AC Type:
    _

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:41 AM

Sacrificing missiles for subs just isn't worth it in my mind.

On my version I use G23 gen with 214 acceleration booster. I think the gat is fine but like Leos says there's a slightly lighter one which does good too. I think it's the 115? one. Second one down from default? you're also probably better pairing it with hmg. Works well with the gat and the added benefit being low energy consumption, weight, and a good scarer to lw melee builds. The gat is a good pressure builder and doubles as a good ciws against those pesky vtfs, hsm, large missiles. That pairing should work well with your vertical missiles.

I agree with Rogan wrt your fcs. Make it a wide lock one as your gat, hmg, etc are low base lock.

I agree with Leos about changing your te arms to the lowest energy consumption ones. I thought you already had them on the build. But I'd keep the head as it is for more te resistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq