#1 Guns4hands

Guns4hands

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

Who here plays pokemon.

Like, decently. 

That means actually knowing stats and playing online, as opposed to having played through gold once and beaten the elite four.

Also, Aegislash isn't broken, kingshield is  #unbanblaziken #smogonisalibertariandystopiarunbyitalians #andiloveitanyway

#2 LS

LS

Pilot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • AC Type:
    Old
  • PSNID:
    Itaritz

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:19 PM

I played competitive-level gen 4 OU on shoddybattle in 2009-2011 or so.  I don't remember my rankings and I was never top 100, but I was decent. I occasionally fire it up again, but haven't for a while and don't remember my teams anymore. I think if you asked people I'd play with they'd say my signature pokes were Skarmory and Swampert, but Togekiss, Infernape, and RD Jirachi were also close to my heart. I played some gen 5 in the early days when the metagame was absolutely ridicuolous but was never that great at it. Smogon's ban philosophy got way out of hand, and that's the main thing that drove me away.  Playing competitively started to feel more like politics than pokemon, with everyone advocating for this and that and the rules changing every few months.  Then they banned mence, which was blatantly uncalledfor under any remotely reasonable ban philosophy. I didn't even use mence on any of my teams, but that cemented my decision to soft quit.

Probably the most fun I had with sims was when the ACU crew made our own tier. I think we called it Bacardi. It was just the original 151 pokes, but in DPPHGSS with SR banned. Great times.

I'd be happy to play gens 3, 4, or 5 with you, or chat about it. I'm always in ACU chat. I never come to this website though.

#3 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:30 AM

aegi broken, im not convinced. Aegi over centralizing, yea probably.

On the suspect ladder team building had devolved into: Aegislash, Aegislash counter A, Aegislash counter B, Aegislash counter-counter, keldo, one free slot for whatever.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#4 Guns4hands

Guns4hands

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:49 PM

aegi broken, im not convinced. Aegi over centralizing, yea probably.

On the suspect ladder team building had devolved into: Aegislash, Aegislash counter A, Aegislash counter B, Aegislash counter-counter, keldo, one free slot for whatever.

Pretty much. And it doesn't help that aegi's got everything he needs to take out most counters. Head smash for mandi, sacred sword for bishi, and magnet rise for any ground type now. Of course, that goes for most OU sweepers now (fuck landgenie) Still, and phys sweeper that could outspeed is rendered instantly innefective cause of kingshield. Kingshield is what makes him overcentralizing, otherwise you could just pursuit trap him and be done.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't think blaziken is broke in ou any more? Weak to starmie, azumarill, talonbird, tentacruel, gliscor, landog, slow bro, the zards, mega venu, dragalge, altaria, latis, unaware clef ect. Hella bad defenses, easily walled/ revenged, I don't think he's ou banworthy anymore. Plus, he'd stop megagross, which is running mildly rampant atm. u?

#5 RubyDragonStar

RubyDragonStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationThe top part of North America
  • AC Type:
    Trying a bit of everything for now
  • PSNID:
    RubyDragonStar04 (Vita)
  • LIVE Tag:
    RubyDracoStar

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:42 PM

I played some during 5th gen and a bit at the beginning of the 6th gen. I like to think that I'm decent, but I haven't played in a while and keep wanting to go back to it.. but you know, other games and stuff.

Life can be like a Pokemon battle. You can be doing fine and then you get haxed for the next five battles. But that doesn't change your chances in the future. No matter how many times you're knocked down you can move on if you can still get up again. Just keep setting up and countering until you see the momentum changing.

#6 Guns4hands

Guns4hands

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:35 PM

I played some during 5th gen and a bit at the beginning of the 6th gen. I like to think that I'm decent, but I haven't played in a while and keep wanting to go back to it.. but you know, other games and stuff.

Your entire profile is pokemon themed. Get back into it bruh'

Like, all the playstyles are pretty balanced right now, like there's stall, hyper offence, and balance all used equally. Like, this is one of the best meta's I've played (4th gen ou and uu were both pretty good though (5th gen ou was the worst meta ever, acv second patch was better))

#7 RubyDragonStar

RubyDragonStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationThe top part of North America
  • AC Type:
    Trying a bit of everything for now
  • PSNID:
    RubyDragonStar04 (Vita)
  • LIVE Tag:
    RubyDracoStar

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:52 AM

Your entire profile is pokemon themed. Get back into it bruh'

You got a fair point there. :P

Life can be like a Pokemon battle. You can be doing fine and then you get haxed for the next five battles. But that doesn't change your chances in the future. No matter how many times you're knocked down you can move on if you can still get up again. Just keep setting up and countering until you see the momentum changing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq