• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationApartment
  • AC Type:
    LRJ w/ sniper cannon
  • LIVE Tag:
    A Kool Pop Tart

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:47 AM

I currently own a 360 (white) which I use to play two games: ACVD and Halo Reach. I no longer have a gold account and I never really used any of the other services that are available on the 360 aside from Funimation when my computer was being repaired. To be perfectly honest, it just sits on a stool and collects dust until I have free time.

At the moment, none of the games for the One that are coming out soon aren't even remotely interesting to me, except for the Division which has been delayed. So, at least for now, the One seems like a complete waste of money that is apparently "so high-tech" that it can't even run older games that Microsoft supported on their last console.

So if you own a One, why did you buy it and are you happy with it?

#2 bottle

bottle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • PSNID:
    bottleofrumster

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:55 PM

Other than the halo seiries, I can not think of any reason to get one

#3 A Kool Poptart

A Kool Poptart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationApartment
  • AC Type:
    LRJ w/ sniper cannon
  • LIVE Tag:
    A Kool Pop Tart

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:21 PM

"Discussing" (Aka me saying that none of the titles on the One interest me and everyone being like "What the fuck?") on the Xbox Forums doesn't seem to be aiding in this decision either. All I get are "popular" titles that involve some level of mass murder or either zombies/aliens/terrorists. 

#4 Guns4hands

Guns4hands

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

it's just for halo. I might get it cause my a lot of my 360 friends got suckered into buying it. 

Also, if they make another AC game, there's no guarantee that'll get on the xbone. Microsoft changed publishing policies and had a tiff with a bunch of game companies, and historically the PS has always had AC. I'd go PS4 just to stick with AC, if another one comes out.

Also also, I used to be into the forging community in reach. We should add each other so I can brag about my maps to you.

#5 A Kool Poptart

A Kool Poptart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationApartment
  • AC Type:
    LRJ w/ sniper cannon
  • LIVE Tag:
    A Kool Pop Tart

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:48 AM

I'm thinking of purchasing one of those Gold Membership cards you can get at Gamestop at some point this summer, right now I can't do much with just a silver unless the policy changed. 

I hope there is an AC for the One, I guess we wont know until 2017 since From releases a new AC title every 4 years. At the moment, I got two close friends who want me to get a one so we can play The Division when it comes out, but I don't see any reason to purchase a One because the games look pretty bland and samey, like Halo 5 which looks like a carbon copy of Advanced Warfare. I'm waiting to see what Titan Fall does at E3 since the first games was apparently a massive beta and that there will be much more content, possibly even a singleplayer, in the sequel. In the mean time, I guess I'll stick with the 360.

#6 Leos Klein

Leos Klein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • AC Type:
    High Speed Midweight Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    NikolaiDoctrine

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:36 AM

From didn't use to release every 4 years, the gap between FA and V was unusual. 3-3.5 years seems more right. That, and they should have a more effective development team.

I've mentioned this in other posts, but I'm betting an announcement late this year and a release in late 2016.

I see no reason to get a One over a PS4, and I can't find a reason to even get a PS4. If the new AC comes out on PC (a far possibility), there's no reason for me to buy another console.

#7 Plus Escapee

Plus Escapee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • AC Type:
    Featherweight Bipedal

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:37 AM

You might buy an Xbox One if you fly a rebel flag and think Islam is to blame for everything wrong with the world.

'Merica!

Let's face it; Xbox has been inferior to other options every step of the way. The one time they had the strongest hardware, they released the original Xbox against a machine that was already 5 or more years old, the PS2, and showed what massively pompous asses they were. Sure, your new hardware is trying to compete with a machine that's almost cycled out, good job Microshart. Fable and Halo both sucked balls.

I happened to love Otogi and Otogi 2, though. Thanks, Fromsoftware!

Fuck Microshaft's consoles. They should stick to releasing inferior operating systems on PC, only to accidentally release a good product (like windows 2000 pro or windows 7 pro) every 15 years instead of telling us that we need a Kinect to use voice commands on a machine THAT COMES WITH A FUCKING HEADSET.

Sorry, I can't help but hate on xbox.

#8 Skylark_J

Skylark_J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLondon, U.K.
  • AC Type:
    Praxis Heavy Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    Skylark_J

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

If you're gonna get a Xbox One at least get Killer Instinct. It may give you a break from all the "popular" titles that involve some level of mass murder or either zombies/aliens/terrorists.

#9 Leos Klein

Leos Klein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • AC Type:
    High Speed Midweight Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    NikolaiDoctrine

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

I've mentioned this in other posts, but I'm betting an announcement late this year and a release in late 2016.

crying-waterfalls.gif

I was so hopeful back then. Guess I need to start playing Dark Souls, since DS3 is more important to From than AC6.

I would wait until Win10 is released and see what integration they are doing with the One before deciding. My guess is that they're doing some DRM sharing for XBOne games to be played on PC too, or streamed at least, with all sorts of integration.

I like microsoft as a company, but I have never cared for Xbox.

I'd be more tempted to buy an old Xbox just to play Metal Wolf Chaos, than I would for any game or Xbox console currently out.

#10 BaddestMan

BaddestMan

Pilot

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationManchester, U.K.
  • AC Type:
    Any
  • PSNID:
    OllieMilne

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:13 PM

In my opinion, there's no reason to buy an Xbox. Its cool that it's going to have backwards compatibility but considering how little of it we've seen, I think its going to be badly implemented like it was on the 360 with the original Xbox compatibility. One day they just quietly stopped adding any new games and a bunch of the ones on there had weird problems. Also, I already have a 360 to play those games on, and 360s are so incredibly cheap to pick up now, this isn't really a selling point. Though the 360 just sits there gathering dust, I'll occasionally play a shmup or whatever that only came out on it but that's all.

None of the exclusives interest me, and a lot of them are going to come out on P.C., or will at some point (see Killer Instinct for that, though I still have no desire to play that and I'm a big fighting game player). It's cool that they're trying to make it do stuff with PCs, but why not just get a PC if you want all that stuff?

All of us here are into AC obviously, which to me is a very "Japanese" style game, as are all things Fromsoft make. There's every chance them and companies like them won't release their stuff on PC, but they will on PS4 because the Xbox is literally non-existant in Japan right now (they sell about 200 a month across the whole country, or some stupid low number). These are the kinds of games I like, so for me the PS4 was the obvious choice. I may get a gaming PC at some point down the line but there's nothing on there that makes me really want one, and most games that are out on both end up being worse on the PC because they're poorly optimised (see Batman).

So to me, PS4 and maybe a PC covers everything I'm interested in. The Xbox seems irrelevant at this stage.

#11 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
    Four legged crab monsters
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:46 AM

Don't get an Xbox One because Killer Instinct is coming out on PC.

That game was the only reason I was considering getting the One, but now that it's going on PC... I no longer have a reason to get a One.

Defeat is just temporary. I will return, and I will beat you eventually!

#12 Siphon117

Siphon117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationArkansas
  • AC Type:
    Light/Mid Bipedal tuned for Assault.
  • PSNID:
    n/a
  • LIVE Tag:
    Siphon 117
  • SkypeID:
    n/a

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:09 PM

@Plus Escapee

Got to disagree with you there. Both Fable and Halo are fun games, and I don't see anything about them that sucked balls. Sure, your opinion, but its not fact.

As for weather to get a One or not, that's up to personal preference, and what kind of games are coming out. And no, the PS4 is not worth the title of "better", as stat wise, the improvements over the One are not enough to make a difference in performance. Sales wise, it is winning, but only because of better marketing (and dropping DRM after seeing the reaction to DRM on the ONE, yes, Sony was going to do it too), but that's for another discussion.

Realistically, decide for yourself. Look at the games available for both consoles, now and soon to be released, and decide from there. Don't let any one person pick for you but yourself.

Quotes

"Onward to the sacred Icon."

"From this moment on, you are a Raven."

"The only ones who should kill, are the those who are prepared to be killed."

"Olly olly oxen free."

#13 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationFinland (Crow's nest)
  • AC Type:
    LBP, HRJ, Light Quad, CQC.
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:06 AM

Realistically, decide for yourself. Look at the games available for both consoles, now and soon to be released, and decide from there. Don't let any one person pick for you but yourself.

This. Tho, if I were to make a choise, I'd pick the one that the players I like playing the most with are getting.

I used to play on the Xbox a lot, but all my friends kept playing CoD and stuff, or they rushed in to buy an Xbox One.

Since I had a PS3, too, where I had a friend I could actually play with, I decided to stick around. Then, I got ACVD, etc...

I'd go for a PS4, personally, but I'm not gonna do that just yet.

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq