6 replies to this topic

#1 Dapper Chap

Dapper Chap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:44 PM

This is something I threw together a wee while ago whilst trying to make KE rockets a viable shoulder option.

Head Yugiri mdl.1 (light CE head with great internal performance in every category)

Core CB-402 (lightest CE core in the game)

Arms AC-129 Vlad III mod (highest firing stability arms modified to reduce weight/drain)

Legs Le2L-B-V15 (light biped legs with best load and turning)

Booster BA-309 (acceleration type with lowest normal boost stat)

FCS Fs-L-M24 (lowest drain wide-angle FCS)

Generator MAKIBASHIRA mdl.3 (highest capacity generator)

Arm units Au-F-K16 (highest damage HEAT howitzers tuned fully for power)

Bay units HATSUKARI mdl.2 (highest damage pulse machineguns tuned fully for power)

Shoulder unit SL/RCB-203 (highest explosion damage KE rocket)

AP 22530  KE 1180  CE 653  TE 423

B 115  HB 363  RR 1044  T 1062  EN rec 4188

The frame dumps defence completely and is not as fast as other lightweight bipeds. It is however supremely mobile and has enough load to spare to mount a fairly impressive weapon set. HEAT howitzers are the primary weapon on this build, with the other weapon systems providing coverage and a way to quickly destroy enemy shields.

Given that piloting this AC effectively requires you to manually aim two weapons with different trajectories at the same time whilst also dodging every one of your opponent's attacks, it's fair to say that it is a challenge to use :)

#2 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:00 PM

this... actually looks like a lot of fun.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#3 bottle

bottle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • PSNID:
    bottleofrumster

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:07 PM

Have you tried the generator GA-319? The recovery gained makes up for the small loss for capacity

#4 Dapper Chap

Dapper Chap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

@bottle I would, except that I don't have enough spare load to mount it and I don't know where I would cut the weight.

@rogan It is! I don't really like building lightweights for melee (a consequence of my preference for hover legs in AC 2 and 3), so most of my fast designs are tricky but fun manual aim builds.

#5 Skylark_J

Skylark_J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLondon, U.K.
  • AC Type:
    Praxis Heavy Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    Skylark_J

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:08 PM

You might be able to make up for the weight if you use CE rockets. Very powerful, way harder to use in my opinion.

#6 jedipron

jedipron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • AC Type:
    Sawa Quad
  • PSNID:
    jedipron1240

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

Ya CE rockets are hard as hell to hit with. This is one of my favorite weapon set ups, especially on Myinsky Hills. The only difference really is I use LRJ legs since landing hits with those rockets is way easier when you are above your opponent, IMO

#7 ___

___

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • AC Type:
    _

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:29 AM

I don't know about you guys, but the only viable builds i find to target with heat rockets are tanks and hbps. Everything else just moves too quick for them unless you're right up to their backs. Helps take out tanks quite nicely though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq