Photo

Xbox One to be BC. Push for ACVD/FA Emulation!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 A Kool Poptart

A Kool Poptart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationApartment
  • AC Type:
    LRJ w/ sniper cannon
  • LIVE Tag:
    A Kool Pop Tart

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

If you don't know by now, the Xbox One will be Backwards Compatible some time next year. Not sure what the process nowadays is for games to become BC, but we should push for ACVD and ACFA (as well as its DLC) to be made available on the One when the emulation software comes out!

I don't have a Twitter, but if someone could tweet Namco/Bandai and Fromsoftware to see where they stand on the issue, please do it! Because, according to someone who watched the conference, it is really up to the developers/publishers to decide whether or not they want a game to be made available for emulation.

Update 3:

Zeroed in the search

https://xbox.uservoi...ry=Armored Core

#2 Siphon117

Siphon117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationArkansas
  • AC Type:
    Light/Mid Bipedal tuned for Assault.
  • PSNID:
    n/a
  • LIVE Tag:
    Siphon 117
  • SkypeID:
    n/a

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

Voted for ACFA and AC4. Not a huge fan of V and VD, but I'll vote for them anyway.

Quotes

"Onward to the sacred Icon."

"From this moment on, you are a Raven."

"The only ones who should kill, are the those who are prepared to be killed."

"Olly olly oxen free."

#3 ___

___

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • AC Type:
    _

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:38 AM

But having these games BC for next gen would mean no online capability if the servers are shut down?

The next mech game from From would be THE online server priority. If it's just SP you want then fair enough but next gen visuals will surely make the older ac games even less desirable?

Idk, just doesn't feel needed when you've left that stepping stone behind to get to the other side of the river.

#4 A Kool Poptart

A Kool Poptart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationApartment
  • AC Type:
    LRJ w/ sniper cannon
  • LIVE Tag:
    A Kool Pop Tart

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:38 AM

My reasons for wanting the AC games on the One are:

1) I only play three games on the 360: Halo Reach, ACVD, and Destiny. Since none of the games I really want are out yet, I would like to be able to continue playing these three titles on the One until newer games come out.

2) I don't want to deal with the hassle of switching from one system to another constantly.

3) If the servers still working, a friend of mine from college wants to play ACVD with me since he didn't get the chance to play it when it was out because he sold his 360 to a relative after he got a One for Christmas.

I don't care about graphics, desirability, or stepping stones, I just want the games so I can play them. And if and when the next AC game comes out, terrific! I'll be adding another title to the AC Series!

#5 ___

___

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • AC Type:
    _

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:01 AM

"I don't care about graphics, desirability, or stepping stones, I just want the games so I can play them. And if and when the next AC game comes out, terrific! I'll be adding another title to the AC Series!"

Good for you pop tart. I hope From do that for you on the Xbox One. Although I think you'd have more hope winning the lottery.

#6 Leos Klein

Leos Klein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • AC Type:
    High Speed Midweight Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    NikolaiDoctrine

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

Most PS2 era armored cores can be emulated on PC, and I believe you can even use your Xbox controller mapped to it to play. 

#7 A Kool Poptart

A Kool Poptart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationApartment
  • AC Type:
    LRJ w/ sniper cannon
  • LIVE Tag:
    A Kool Pop Tart

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:34 PM

"I don't care about graphics, desirability, or stepping stones, I just want the games so I can play them. And if and when the next AC game comes out, terrific! I'll be adding another title to the AC Series!"

Good for you pop tart. I hope From do that for you on the Xbox One. Although I think you'd have more hope winning the lottery.

Dooooookay?

Most PS2 era armored cores can be emulated on PC, and I believe you can even use your Xbox controller mapped to it to play. 

Tried that, computer can't run it.

#8 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
    Four legged crab monsters
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:40 PM

I voted for it. I don't have an Xbone, but I'll still do my part in ensuring you guys can play Armored Core on it!

Defeat is just temporary. I will return, and I will beat you eventually!

#9 A Kool Poptart

A Kool Poptart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationApartment
  • AC Type:
    LRJ w/ sniper cannon
  • LIVE Tag:
    A Kool Pop Tart

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:24 AM

We're at about 1000 votes for all four titles. Keep pushing!!! Beyond Good and Evil made it, why can't AC?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq