#1 S_Vintovka

S_Vintovka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • AC Type:
    still haven't found out which

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:16 AM

So, I've had this little idea of trying to make decent AI ACs again.

I've been browsing around in the forum, but I didn't really have any luck in getting much information about it.

Do you have any tips/suggestions? Did anyone of you manage to get a good AI?

I am your reckoning!

#2 FromCheng

FromCheng

Tolima.

• Administrators
  • 547 posts
  • LocationTolima.
  • AC Type:
    Tolima
  • PSNID:
    FromCheng FromCheng_EU
  • LIVE Tag:
    N/A

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:08 PM

What exactly are you trying to do with the AI? Or perhaps a better question, what kind of fighting style do you want it to do?

It's been a while, but basically how it works is that the AI works by observing how you move and mimicking that. It's not like Formula Front or ACVD where you have a way to actually modify the behavior in a clear cut way with chips and stuff. You kind of just have to train it by moving it certain ways and after alot of matches it will begin to pick it up.

-Final Boss, wields Tolima

#3 S_Vintovka

S_Vintovka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • AC Type:

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:44 AM

That's no problem at all, but... how much time will I need to invest into it?

I'm also well aware that, the more weapons an AC has, the much harder it will be to get him to use them all.

I am your reckoning!

#4 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:23 AM

there is a short guide on the AI system, for silent line, on gamefaqs.

I've got a few simple tricks that tend to work.

1. simple > complex. Yes, you can make an AI unit which fights like and surpasses rank 1 (Infinity) but the time it takes to train the AI will result in all your friends leaving you. A simple Sawa + optionals set up can make a truly deadly AI unit and is much easier for the AI to pick up and learn. Ditto on dual weld set ups.

2. Humans love machine guns, but they are tricky for the AI to learn. They tend to fire them in bursts rather than holding the trigger. It takes a lot of time to get a proper MG AI unit.

3. The AI unit picks up your good and bad habits. If you can stand it, fight easy opponents in the arena to "level up" your AI. Keep in mind that the AI does not see a difference between ranks 20 and 1. If you fight rank 20 over and over and teach your AI to constantly get behind its target and to not be in the locked on status the AI unit will employ those same tactics against much more difficult opponents with the same consistency. On the flip side, if you miss a lot and are a red zone addict your AI will be too.

Don't be afraid to give your AI unit really cheap parts too. the CROW stealth extensions and OP-INTENSIFY come to mind. These AI units are not taking part in a tournament, or PvP, so there isn't a reason to limit their part choices.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#5 S_Vintovka

S_Vintovka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • AC Type:

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:32 AM

Seems like the world of SL AI training hasn't changed too much, and that's good :D

I also remember similar tips being around when the 4th gen wasn't out yet, so I'm glad to notice that I remember pretty much everything useful.

Thanks for your tips! :)

I actually plan to make a tournament composed of AIs (I have enough memory cards to do that :D), but will make sure not to take too much time... I still care about my friends!!! :)

Again, thank you!

I am your reckoning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq