• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • AC Type:
    AC Red Sun
  • PSNID:
    DominantLegend

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

I'm getting around to setting up a rumble room calender for ACVD, and I'm experimenting with a few formats. 

For now, a preliminary calender is set up here:

http://teamup.com/ks8912d95db3a5b453/

I'd like to test this out.

How it works

When you log on, check the calender for events that are going on. If you don't see an event, or if you want to do your own thing, add an event anonymously under one of the following calender options:

1. Battle Royale

2. Duel/Arena Matches

3. Conquest Mode Sorties 

You don't have to sign up for anything, and you don't have to wait for approval to add your playing schedule.

After adding your event, you have about 30 minutes or so (or until you close the tab) to edit it or delete it.

If we get griefers adding a bunch of fake events or spam, then I'll look into getting it password-protected, or moving to a Google Docs one where you have to sign up with an approved gmail address before you can add events. I like having it open and free to the public though, as long as we can be responsible about it. 

You can also sync this with google docs via iCal and set up notifications. That way you can coordinate CQ matches better. 

Example:

Event Title: Conquest 

Calender: Conquest Sortie

When? Aug. 28th 10AM to 1PM

Who? Awesome Team (Awesome Team leader PSN)

Where? PS3 INT

Desc.: Doing CQ mode as Venide faction

Now everyone else with access to the calender knows you're going to be doing CQ then, so they can time their arrivals online to get easy CQ matches, without knowing anyone on your team. This is important for building more of an open community that is less invite-heavy.

Anyone want to start using this so we can see how well it works out?

#2 FromCheng

FromCheng

Tolima.

• Administrators
  • 550 posts
  • LocationTolima.
  • AC Type:
    Tolima
  • PSNID:
    FromCheng FromCheng_EU
  • LIVE Tag:
    N/A

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

Question; what happens when there are two events at the same time?

-Final Boss, wields Tolima

#3 DominantLegend

DominantLegend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • AC Type:
    AC Red Sun
  • PSNID:
    DominantLegend

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:25 PM

It overlaps them, so both show up side-by-side. Anyone can add an event at any time, there is a URL for admin access that I have to delete or edit events and I can give that URL to others to add more admins. 

#4 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:23 AM

What if we wanted to add things like Cheng's Tourney or the ACDC I'm hosting? Those are multi day events.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#5 DominantLegend

DominantLegend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • AC Type:
    AC Red Sun
  • PSNID:
    DominantLegend

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

You just add them, then specify the date range when adding. It's that simple. I've added both to show as an example, under the Tournament Events category. It works just like google calender in that way, but without the problems of sharing or having a google account.

I've tried to find a platform for this that makes adding events exceptionally easy for people to add without requiring a new account or anything. One player on each team updating the calender when they're looking for CQ matches would drastically improve the online play, I think, for people who don't already have tons of friends and get invites. 

#6 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationFinland (Crow's nest)
  • AC Type:
    LBP, HRJ, Light Quad, CQC.
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:58 PM

Hm, just tried it out as a test and it worked pretty well. Quite handy, I'd be ok with using something like that.

But I got a question from trying it out. What about timezones? Will it convert them automatically?

Because, for example, I'm writing this down around 9:45am here in Finland, while it's 1:45am in the States, right? So, if I made a schedule that says I'll be on during 4-8pm, it doesn't really mean that someone from the States will find me during that time, because when it's 4-8pm in the States, I'm very likely either sleeping or doing something else (Work, etc.), since I recently got something to do with my life.

I think it has a display for timezones, but I don't know for sure what it is or what it does, so I just wanted to ask, to be sure.

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#7 DominantLegend

DominantLegend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • AC Type:
    AC Red Sun
  • PSNID:
    DominantLegend

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:50 AM

It should convert time zones automatically, and at the very least it will show the native time zone it's using on the page you view, so you can convert manually if it's anything other than your own. 

You can click the time zone link at the top to change it, also.

There is a setting to make it default to a single time zone, but I disabled it when setting up the calenders.

You can edit your own events only in your own session (it's cookie-based rather than login based) so if you add an event, close your browser/clear your cookies, then need to edit it, PM me as I have admin privileges and can do it for you.

#8 DominantLegend

DominantLegend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • AC Type:
    AC Red Sun
  • PSNID:
    DominantLegend

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:28 AM

Has anyone else actually added events to this? I want to make sure it's saving and sharing the events, as I haven't see any other player's events.

#9 FromCheng

FromCheng

Tolima.

• Administrators
  • 550 posts
  • LocationTolima.
  • AC Type:
    Tolima
  • PSNID:
    FromCheng FromCheng_EU
  • LIVE Tag:
    N/A

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:41 AM

Yeah, it does work. I've been experimenting with it yesterday and it seems to work good

#10 DominantLegend

DominantLegend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • AC Type:
    AC Red Sun
  • PSNID:
    DominantLegend

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:24 AM

You want to go ahead and add a test event for me so I can make sure it shows up on my end?

#11 FromCheng

FromCheng

Tolima.

• Administrators
  • 550 posts
  • LocationTolima.
  • AC Type:
    Tolima
  • PSNID:
    FromCheng FromCheng_EU
  • LIVE Tag:
    N/A

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

Done

#12 DominantLegend

DominantLegend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • AC Type:
    AC Red Sun
  • PSNID:
    DominantLegend

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:42 PM

Awesome, it works.

You should be able to delete it now yourself (or edit it), if not then just PM me and I'll do it on the admin account. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq