• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWEST SIDE, CA
  • AC Type:
    Light RJ, Mobile, Close Combat
  • PSNID:
    oliverwiii

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

I'll tell you right now that ACVD is my favorite in the series because of the team focus and tactics but I love them all. Lots of folks still play online.  Just start collecting PSN id's like Pokémon cards and you'll have plenty of co-op and competition.  Don't let the haters and whack gamers deter you.  The learning curve isn't a cakewalk but it's well worth it.  If you want to describe ACVD to a friend, my advice is to tell him that with all the customization, it feels like a totally different game for every player.  You have to be both an excellent engineer and pilot.  Like Forza but with Mechs. 

See you on the battlefield!

O.III

No PS4 til the next Armored Core

#22 Maze

Maze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    Howie cqc with Nergal, random crap while mercing.
  • PSNID:
    rottenbreed

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:44 PM

^ you mean every AC you see in Conquest...?

I haven't seen them in acvd at least not charging both at the same time like they could in V maybe I overlooked a build but whatever. if you were talking about 5 then yes almost every ac in conquest. As for what shash said yeah I kinda miss them the tanks not so much cause tanks I could deal with and it was easy to stay out of their line of sight for the most part but the quads are what made me discover recon jammers at first lol.

#23 Maze

Maze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    Howie cqc with Nergal, random crap while mercing.
  • PSNID:
    rottenbreed

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:41 PM

You know what fuck it the biggest improvement acvd had was having an actual international server that covers most the world, if only it didn't cut of japan but it's still a huge improvement.

#24 Soren

Soren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationYour head.
  • AC Type:
    Ones with legs.
  • PSNID:
    BHSoren

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:52 PM

I loved that ACV added shields into conquest so you could see that people were defending...it's just a shame they added that in after the game had died out. I feel like if that had been a thing from the start, people would have found CQs much easier, and the game would have died much more slowly. I actually miss setting up defense missions on territories. It sure beats refreshing that dumb bar.

I don't understand why the reaper squad gets to exclusively search for fights, but regular teams don't have that option. Didn't they realize that's what most people want? I don't get it. The feature's already programmed in for goodness sake.

Probably the thing that bugs me most about VD, really, even over Cornelius legs.

Oh right, shields. I know some people who're more than happy to use them, but I try to keep away from them, personally. It's probably just me, but I see using shields as a lack of courage. But to be honest, I have a very few builds that use them, so I guess I can't really judge.

As much as I dislike them, I use a shield on my AC....not because a lack of courage, but because 20 punches is overkill, lol. Hell, 15 is overkill. Back in ACV, ammo boxes didn't add as much ammo as they do now. So with dual shoulders you only got +1 on the Mifeng. So 4 piledrivers = 12 punches.

That's the world I came from, so in the switch to VD I was able to just equip 3 and have 15-- more than I was used to, and fit something else on there...and a shield was about the only thing that seemed appealing. Don't wanna put a gun on there because it ruins the point of the AC. Don't want to put a recon jammer on it because I've never really liked the idea of using those with melee. So, shield it is.

But I firmly believe that shields should not save you from piledrivers, blades, etc. Or at least have them absorb enough damage to destroy the shield, and let the AC holding it take the remainder. Something, anything. It's dumb that I have to pile a dual shield kicking heavy biped 4 times in order to kill it, where all they need to do is keep swinging their foot around with endless energy and get that random lucky hit with their much bigger hitbox. You can pile it from behind, sure, but that's easier said than done. Also I have piled people directly in the ass before and watched their shield fly off. :/ Sigh.

cvK0EV9.png

o8ZuuWk.png

8DZUnU1.png

#25 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland (Crow's nest)
  • AC Type:
    LBP, HRJ, Light Quad, CQC.
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:22 PM

But I firmly believe that shields should not save you from piledrivers, blades, etc. Or at least have them absorb enough damage to destroy the shield, and let the AC holding it take the remainder. Something, anything. It's dumb that I have to pile a dual shield kicking heavy biped 4 times in order to kill it, where all they need to do is keep swinging their foot around with endless energy and get that random lucky hit with their much bigger hitbox. You can pile it from behind, sure, but that's easier said than done. Also I have piled people directly in the ass before and watched their shield fly off. :/ Sigh.

I rolled a SCT on the INT server this one time. I wasn't getting too many hits, but there was a piler equipped with two shields breathing on my neck. So I kicked him once. His should broke. He retreated, came in for another try, I kicked him again and his other shield broke. While the stun from my kick had stopped him right next to me or something like that, he just hit the pile button and killed me.

I still sometimes curl up and sob on my bed.

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#26 Reyleones

Reyleones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationEverywere
  • AC Type:
    Versatile in all forms of combat
  • PSNID:
    Reyleones

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:40 AM

Next time fake him out crow, boost as if u were going to kik him imidietly boost ba k hel engage his piles then nust boost n kik him..eesy as pie

#27 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland (Crow's nest)
  • AC Type:
    LBP, HRJ, Light Quad, CQC.
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

Next time fake him out crow, boost as if u were going to kik him imidietly boost ba k hel engage his piles then nust boost n kik him..eesy as pie

I mean, he should've died twice, but those get-out-of-jail cards, but if you think that helps...

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq