F51DRAGON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • AC Type:
    Light mobile type

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

How do you get first person in AC2? I can get it in AC1 and AC3. Is there a step i am missing besides triangle + square + start? I am currently making a cockpit and would prefer to do my lets play of the AC series in first person if at all possible. The cockpit Attached File  ePSXe - Enhanced PSX emulator 3_17_2016 5_41_43 PM.png   837.72KB   0 downloads

#2 DominantLegend

DominantLegend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • AC Type:
    AC Red Sun
  • PSNID:
    DominantLegend

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:00 PM

There's a secret code you have to put in from the pause menu.

According to gamefaqs:

While playing a game, hold Triangle + Square + Start. The game will pause. Press Start to resume the game with the new camera view. For the Japanese version of the game, hold Triangle + Square + Select.

#3 F51DRAGON

F51DRAGON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • AC Type:
    Light mobile type

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:58 AM

There's a secret code you have to put in from the pause menu.

According to gamefaqs:

While playing a game, hold Triangle + Square + Start. The game will pause. Press Start to resume the game with the new camera view. For the Japanese version of the game, hold Triangle + Square + Select.

Doesn't work, found every part, killed every raven, completed every mission. Nothing seems to work. First person is in AC1 and AC3. I don't feel like they would just skip over AC2.

Do you need an AC1 save on the same memory card? Thats the only thing i haven't tried yet.

AC1 save is a no go. 

I got few more things to try. I will post a pic when i figure it out.

#4 DominantLegend

DominantLegend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • AC Type:
    AC Red Sun
  • PSNID:
    DominantLegend

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:35 PM

I remember getting it to work a long time ago. Maybe you have to 100% the game first, or maybe it only works on Another Age.

On a side note, the  cockpit is awesome.

#5 F51DRAGON

F51DRAGON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • AC Type:
    Light mobile type

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:37 PM

Thank you, at least i know it works. I have seen the cheat in a book before...i just dont know which one. Maybe you need 100% with the AC1 games? I started a human plus play through, but i would rather not use that. I plan to make another post about how to build the cockpit. Its not very hard. If you hit the links in the video It has the software i used with the projector. I going to keep upgrading it until its actually a sealed cockpit. Like the gundam pods in Japan.

#6 DominantLegend

DominantLegend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • AC Type:
    AC Red Sun
  • PSNID:
    DominantLegend

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:51 PM

What controller and interface are you using? Is it a USB/bluetooth compatible controller? If so could you use this setup (minus the first person view) for the PS3/360 games? What about the PSP games when emulated on PC?

I also wonder if you could integrate pedal control for ACFA. That would make third stage quick boosting probably easier, especially if you added friction stops.

#7 F51DRAGON

F51DRAGON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • AC Type:
    Light mobile type

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:58 PM

Its the Xbox 360 ace combat 6 controller. So long as you could rebind the controls in game it would work for any 360 game(halo wont let you rebind keys so you have to push the throttle forward to shoot so i don't recommend trying this with games that wont let you rebind).

I haven't tried the PSP emulator yet, but i would assume it would work. It works for the PS1 and Sega Dreamcast emulator. I don't think its Bluetooth compatible. I have not found a way to get Armored core for answer on pc. So you would be stuck with just the Joystick and throttle.

Anything PC you can use JoytoKey (joytokey does not like the throttle but will work with two joysticks like steel battalion). Which i have to use for Hawken.

Project Nimbus (haven't played it yet) looks alot like AC4 and its on PC so you could get pedals with that. Still waiting on my pedals to arrive in the mail so i can configure them into the emulator games.

I endeavor to make the cockpit setup easy and cheap as possible. I will do my best to find workarounds  for all the ac games and other mech titles.

When me and Charon decided how we are going to make our production model I will post directions. You can make the one i have right now, its alot of fun its just....big and I know we can do better. Hopefully this summer we will make lots of progress.

I really want to get a community going where we all start making our own cockpits, and have  tournaments. Ones where both pilots have webcams and viewers can see all the action in game and in the cockpit. And with a big enough following going we can get an AC6 game maybe.

#8 Arbitor Nox Caelum

Arbitor Nox Caelum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNorth America
  • AC Type:
    Light-Medium Bipedal. Scouting Specifications
  • PSNID:
    Arbitor_N_Caelum

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:28 PM

I envisioned something like that too (with gundams though). It gives me joy to know that someone is in a position where they can and are moving towards such a thing. It's an idea that could turn AC into a huge E-Sport.

As for your work so far... that's hella dope. Keep moving forward and pushing through with this man. It's bound to pay off big sooner or later!
Was trying to think of something to put here... Couldn't think of anything... Nope, nothing.

#9 F51DRAGON

F51DRAGON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • AC Type:
    Light mobile type

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:51 AM

I envisioned something like that too (with gundams though). It gives me joy to know that someone is in a position where they can and are moving towards such a thing. It's an idea that could turn AC into a huge E-Sport.

As for your work so far... that's hella dope. Keep moving forward and pushing through with this man. It's bound to pay off big sooner or later!

It works with gundam side story 0079 already. Just get a dreamcast emulator.

#10 DominantLegend

DominantLegend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • AC Type:
    AC Red Sun
  • PSNID:
    DominantLegend

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:03 PM

This all sounds cool.

Project Nimbus is, unfortunately, without any customization and absurdly easy (even compared to AC4), from all the people I've heard who played it, including non-AC fans.

AC can't be an "esport" without good matchmaking and training. PvP is still reserved mostly for the players who have already sunk 50,000+ hours into the games. There's no incentive for new players to be invested in the PvP because it is an insurmountable wall filled with players way more skilled than them.  And that ignores the logistical problems of having no centralized communication/community platform.

#11 Arbitor Nox Caelum

Arbitor Nox Caelum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNorth America
  • AC Type:
    Light-Medium Bipedal. Scouting Specifications
  • PSNID:
    Arbitor_N_Caelum

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:25 AM

@F51DRAGON

lol, not old gundam games. I'm talking a new gundam game (when someone gets it right...).

@DominantLegend

What you say is true but the other half of something becoming an esport is the fans/audience and the commentary. Guys controlling giant robots from real-life cockpits (on a screen in a digital battlefield given) is awesome and is sure to bring in the fans and sizeable audiences. Then there's (or will be) the ability to view the pilots's reactions and emotions while they're in the cockpits, again awesome, and likely to draw fans and audiences. And once there are fans and audiences watching, commentators pop up from the growing crowd, giving insight and drawing in more people.

Once there is the large fanbase and an audience, funding Fromsoftware, allowing them to make improvements, everything you listed gets achieved.
Was trying to think of something to put here... Couldn't think of anything... Nope, nothing.

#12 F51DRAGON

F51DRAGON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • AC Type:
    Light mobile type

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:53 AM

@F51DRAGON

lol, not old gundam games. I'm talking a new gundam game (when someone gets it right...).

@DominantLegend

What you say is true but the other half of something becoming an esport is the fans/audience and the commentary. Guys controlling giant robots from real-life cockpits (on a screen in a digital battlefield given) is awesome and is sure to bring in the fans and sizeable audiences. Then there's (or will be) the ability to view the pilots's reactions and emotions while they're in the cockpits, again awesome, and likely to draw fans and audiences. And once there are fans and audiences watching, commentators pop up from the growing crowd, giving insight and drawing in more people.

Once there is the large fanbase and an audience, funding Fromsoftware, allowing them to make improvements, everything you listed gets achieved.

That's kind of the idea. If gaming companies see that there is a want for more AC/gundam games they will consider making them. In japan there are arcades with Gundam pods. You get a Id card that you swipe there and you play online against other people. Its very fun and people outside the pod can watch the battle on a TV. There was always a line when i went in Okinawa. The reason we don't have pods here is companies don't think games like that are as popular in the USA. I haven't been to the UK yet so i don't know if they have pods. So if we want better AC and Gundam games we have to use the resources we have to make it popular here. Hence why i am trying to make it cheap to make the cockpit. If anyone can start one, (which if it catches on I look forward to seeing custom cockpits) it makes it that easier for it to catch on. If I fail I fail, worst case scenario i make a badass cockpit to play old games on. But if it caught on, could you imagine seeing tournaments where the top AC pilots go at it. People watch Starcraft 2. I would compete but i don't like starcraft that much. 

Some poor guy is reading this topic only to find out no one has figured out how to get AC2 in first person yet.

#13 F51DRAGON

F51DRAGON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • AC Type:
    Light mobile type

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:02 PM

First person in Armored Core 2.........The world may never know...........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq