Pilot

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • AC Type:
    Middleweight EN
  • LIVE Tag:
    Xios The Fallen

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

I've tuned most of these suits, and most of them NEED specific tuning. Guardian in particular requires high load tuning.
I'll probably add the tuning I use later, along with color and stabilizers.

ACCESS AC ARCHIVE

SERIES: ANGEL

SERAPH
Seraph is a speed based suit, made to dance around the enemy and kill them with bug bites.

Head: HD-LAHIRE
Core: CR-LAHIRE
Arms: AM-LAHIRE
Legs: LG-LAHIRE

FCS: INBLUE
Generator: GN-SOBRERO

Main Booster: 03-AALIYAH/M
Back Booster: GAN01-SS-B CG
Side Booster: 03-AALIYAH/S
Overed Booster: KB-JUDITH

Right Arm Unit: XMG-A030
Left Arm Unit: 02-DRAGONSLAYER
Right Back Unit: ACB-O710
Left Back Unit: ACB-O710
Shoulder Unit: N/A
Right Hangar Unit: N/A
Left Hangar Unit: N/A

FALLEN
Fallen is a general suit for dealing with lesser enemies, not recommended for use against any enemy NEXT or AF. I made this suit more as an honor to my two favorite suits, the White Glint and Noblesse Oblige.

Head: WHITE-GLINT/HEAD
Core: WHITE-GLINT/CORE
Arms: WHITE-GLINT/ARMS
Legs: WHITE-GLINT/LEGS

FCS: FS-LAHIRE
Generator: GN-SOBRERO

Main Booster: MB11-LATONA
Back Booster: BB11-LATONA
Side Booster: SB11-LATONA

Right Arm Unit: 051ANNR
Left Arm Unit: 07-MOONLIGHT
Right Back Unit: EC-0307AB
Left Back Unit: EC-0307AB

ARCH
Arch is a missile type Middleweight support unit. It is highly durable and is capable of unleashing hellish quantities of missiles.

Head: GAN02-NSS-H
Core: GAN02-NSS-C
Arms: GAN02-NSS-A
Legs: GAN02-NSS-L

FCS: YELLOWSTONE03
Generator: ARGYROS/G

Main Booster: MB107-POLARIS
Back Booster: BB103-SCHEAT
Side Booster: SB128-SCHEDAR

Right Arm Unit: FLOURITE
Left Arm Unit: FLOURITE
Right Back Unit: WHEELING03
Left Back Unit: WHEELING03
Shoulder Unit: 061ANRM
Right Hangar Unit: EB-0600
Left Hangar Unit: EB-0600

GUARDIAN
Guardian is a quad legged sniper type suit built for accuracy while moving and flying.

Head: 043AN02
Core: 043AN01
Arms: 063AN03
Legs: 061AN04

FCS: 061AN05
Generator: ARGYROS/G

Main Booster: MB107-POLARIS
Back Booster: BB103-SCHEAT
Side Booster: SB128-SCHEDAR

Right Arm Unit: 01-HITMAN
Left Arm Unit: ACACIA
Right Back Unit: 061ANSC
Left Back Unit: 061ANSC
Shoulder Unit: N/A
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES
Wait what

#2 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:16 AM

I dig full frames. I will do a more specific write up on each a little later.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#3 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:12 AM

Seraph:

It doesn't make sense to use sobrero. Lahire PA capabilities are top tier, sobrero doesn't have enough KP output to make use of it. Lahire judith and linstant are better options.

Boosters are overpowered imo, the frame retains a crap top of speed regardless of booster, so you can do a lot to overcome lahires static drain. Since its a blader run virtue main. GAN01-SS-B CG is way too heavy for a lightweight, use latona or lahire. Side booster should be judith, hogire, holofornes ortega or lahire.

Fallen:

Its got better weapons than Seraph, moonlight and 051 are potent.

White Glint, and 99% of mid weights, handle sobrero poorly for the same reasons stated above. A lightweight can depend on raw speed to an extent, mid weights will generally take hits even with a full weight-class advantage, and have to contend with lightweights which tend to revolve around PA attenuation.

Arch:

Frame is meh. The legs and core or OK if you must run GA stuff, though the other GA mid weight option is slightly better. 

FCS should be hogire (use a head with better camera performance if you need more range... though you dont need much for wheeling spam)... Argyros is outclassed by lighter generators, try aaliyah/g. 

'"git gud" tips':

Weapon selection is all about synergy. Ideally, right arm functions well with at least one left option and vice-versa. 

Taking that a step further, its always a bad idea to combine multiple high-drain weapons. 

Don't forget flares or missiles.

Close the door, put out the light.

#4 Xios

Xios

Pilot

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • AC Type:
    Middleweight EN
  • LIVE Tag:
    Xios The Fallen

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

Thanks for the tips. My goal was to get pure speed out of that suit, and with the boosters I used Sobrero was the only one that could really keep up with the en use. Tbh I use the machine gun more than the blade
For fallen, I tried to set it up to fly infinitely. It does.
As for Arch that was made for the hell of it. The FCS I chose was for missile lock speed.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
Wait what

#5 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

don't get me wrong, anything goes outside of competitive PvP. Lahire does work this way, because its parts are strong individually amongst lightweights. But,  it pays for performance in static drain. So, even with sobrero, what you end up with is relatively high drain, short-leashed compared to other frames, and weaker defensively. With full PA lahire is an absolute beast.

Try kamal, sapla and/or a rifle to take advantage of the MGs PA attenuation. 

Raw speed can be a detriment to CQC bots, control is more useful with DPS weapons.

#6 Xios

Xios

Pilot

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • AC Type:
    Middleweight EN
  • LIVE Tag:
    Xios The Fallen

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

Any tips on Guardian?
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
Wait what

#7 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

I prefer the lighter sniper cannons, 063 is good but not worth the weight over 050 or Phact (at range) and outshinedby 049 at mid-close range. 

Drop the right SC for a grenade launcher, arm weapons to motocobra and 051, or use a sniper rifle in place of acacia, backed by kamal and do whatever with the left arm. 

Use the lighter BFF quad legs, fcs to laura, generator aaliyah or lahire... Judith or latona if you want to float, stronger boosters elsewhere as you can manage.

#8 Xios

Xios

Pilot

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • AC Type:
    Middleweight EN
  • LIVE Tag:
    Xios The Fallen

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:02 PM

Thanks for the tips.
Probably something I should have mentioned, my suits are built to work in tandem with my best friend/brother/wingmans suits
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
Wait what

#9 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:09 AM

**I am proceeding under the assumption that yo have already SS'd the game

Serpah

​A Lahire Hybrid. Fine, although I don't really think you need the addboosters when you can use the blade to accerate. The fixes I have for this one are fairly simple. I agree with Iffs on the Generator, this build will benefit greatly from good PA. I would personally use Linstant, but having 18k EN recovery doesn't bother me, unless you are very comfortable with low EN builds go with Lahire generator as well. I would also suggest using the Rigel OB part for an easy to use Assault Armor. Secondly drop the GA back boosters, they are largely useless unless you are constantly chain boosting. (In this case backwards) If you need something strong Aaliyah or Lahire are good choices, if you need something efficient use latona. You can consider Lahire mains for a stronger rush, but you give up on elevation changes, up to you. Make your life easier and change your weapons to the Motorcobra or MR-102 and the Elitanin. Those are simply better choices than what you have now.

​Recap:
Frame - LAHIRE
​Internals - Inblue/Lahire
​Boosters - Aaliyah(Or Lahire)/Lahire/Aaliyah/Rigel
​Weapons - Motorcobra/Eltanin

​Fallen:
​White Glint with Angle wings. Stylish.
​To be completely frank the Wing Lasers are kinda meh. They do impressive damage if you connect with all 6 but the ACRUX have similar damage and performance for less weight if you want to give them a try. They look more like stuff from Wing Zero tho. They also have better tracking at closer ranges. But for fun lets stick with the angle lasers : 3

​The latona booster line is kinda meh overall. I personally can't stand it because they are so slow. I understand the need for EN tho so I would suggest: Judith/Lahire/Holofernes/Judith. Judith lets you fly pretty much forever on any build Lahire and holo will give you some movement ability. Definitely use Judith Generator here so that you can fire all 6 lasers at once. Drop the blade, you can't hit a competent player with it on something this heavy with such slow boosters. I would suggest you run pairs of 063ANARs here. Those are good assault rifles that will let you kill things which you wound with the lasers. You will need to fiddle some with the tuning to make this all fit, it needs 22 points into load. I pretty much dumped the rest into booster movement and EN Cap.

​Recap:
​Frame - White Glint
Internals - Lahire/Judith
​Boosters - Judith/Lahire/Holofernes/Judith
​Weapons - 063ANAR/063ANAR/Wing Lasers

​Arch:
The New Sunshine. Oh boy, I remember a friend of mine build one of these which was hellish to try and take on without specific weapon set ups. Ok for starters drop the laser blades and plasma guns. The frame simply does not support them. Wheeling03 is a good missile launcher but you really want to combine it with another weapon to take advantage of the dodging pattern it forces. I strongly suggest a Sniper Cannon on the back slot. Wheeling + SC is a tried and true heavyweight mid to long range combo, unleash the barrage of missiles and peg them with the sniper cannon when they burn their EN dodging. Change your arm weapon to the Brocken so that it can also pair with the wheeling. If something gets too close for your liking puke missiles at them and peg them with the brocken when they try to dodge. Also effective. (Notice that I'm keeping the wheeling03 as the centerpiece, using it to set up other weapons) The remaining arm has a lot of options, I would personally stick a rifle on there so I can finish something easily, but there are other things you could use. 

​FCS have to change, they only work for missiles. Trust me and use Hogire here. Max out both missile lock and regular lock speeds in tuning.
​I don't think Argyros gen can fit on this build, AAliyah is fine. I would change the back booster to Aaliyah as well and consider Holofernes sides. You will still need some load tunes here. 29 to be precise.

Recap:
​Frame - Sunshine
Internals: Hogire/Aaliyah
Boosters: Polaris/Aaliyah/Holofernes/Judith
​Weapons: Brocken/051ANNR/049ANSC/Wheeling03/061ANRM

​Guardian:
Hmm... I'll be honest: Quads have the BEST ground based rush performance in the game. I don't like using them for dual sniper cannons because it just promotes KAI play. (turn around and OB always using insane quad speeds, quick turn and fire SCs. Repeat until opponent is dead) So i'm going to change things a little here.

​On this build don't be afraid to run SOBERO generator. You have plenty of shell defense to take some hits and i'm going to suggest a fairly drainy booster set up of: Aaliyah/Lahire/Ortega/Judith. This should give you some movement in any direction needed, (Keep in mind even with Aaliyah backs you won't backpedal well). FCS should be Judith for general use. I would max out lock speed in tuning.

​Weapons, I kept your MG + Rifle because quads use it very well offensively. I changed the back weapons to MP-0203 and the EC-0300 with 061ANRM extensions. This gives you a good mid range presence if needed and lets you use any two weapons in combination effectively. Its very flexible.

​Recap:
Frame - Unchanged
​Internals - Judith/Sobero
​Boosters - Aaliyah/Lahire/Ortega/Judith
​Weapons - Motorcobra/MR-102/EC-0300/MP-0203/061ANRM

#10 Xios

Xios

Pilot

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • AC Type:
    Middleweight EN
  • LIVE Tag:
    Xios The Fallen

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:19 AM

Seraph: interesting. I recently learned the dangers of the motocobra to your enemy. That thing shreds ACs.
Fallen: I'll stick with the blade, as this is more a PvE type suit meant for Coop general use. I'll look into the rest.
Arch: By now EVERYTHING on arch has changed save for one of the two wheelings and the relation missiles. Even the frame. I'll update Arch when I get home.
Guardian: I took part of nescients advice, but not all of it. I like where that suit landed.

In general these suits aren't originally built for pvp. The only one that was built for pvp was guardian, even then it was built for order matches. I haven't completed every mission on normal nor have I S ranked them. I've beaten about 2 missions on hard I think. I have 213 tuning points I do believe.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
Wait what

#11 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:34 PM

Seraph: interesting. I recently learned the dangers of the motocobra to your enemy. That thing shreds ACs.
Fallen: I'll stick with the blade, as this is more a PvE type suit meant for Coop general use. I'll look into the rest.
Arch: By now EVERYTHING on arch has changed save for one of the two wheelings and the relation missiles. Even the frame. I'll update Arch when I get home.
Guardian: I took part of nescients advice, but not all of it. I like where that suit landed.

In general these suits aren't originally built for pvp. The only one that was built for pvp was guardian, even then it was built for order matches. I haven't completed every mission on normal nor have I S ranked them. I've beaten about 2 missions on hard I think. I have 213 tuning points I do believe.

Oh... whoops.

​In that case you should probably ignore everything I said. I do silly things in PvE, like use Ethos. If you don't know what that is ask IronSoul89.

​Of course I use Ethos in PvP too so maybe you should ignore me entirely.

#12 Xios

Xios

Pilot

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • AC Type:
    Middleweight EN
  • LIVE Tag:
    Xios The Fallen

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:16 PM

Ethos as in the greek word meaning "character, or spirit"?
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
Wait what

#13 Plus Escapee

Plus Escapee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • AC Type:
    Featherweight Bipedal

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

There's a lot of hating on the Add-Boosters here. The add boosters do contribute to top speed and enhance your blading ability, closing 300 meters in a flash using a blade is addictive. I suppose nobody is disputing that. The stat sheet lies to you in this case though, just load the first mission and test your straight line speed, which increases substantially with Add Boosters even though your stat sheet tells you that you will be slower. All you need to do is watch your speedometer in game with and without your add booster.

As for your Seraph, I run (and perhaps we have all played with) a similar Lahire frame with Rayleanoard suite boosters (virtue as main), add-booster, Hitman, and LB-700. It's nearly identical, and fun to blade CUBE with. You should have the agility to kill Wynne D. Fanchon using only your BB shooter since she has little ballistic defense, although blading is certainly an option here too.

Also interesting, you call your Lahire Seraph and I call mine Feather (reference to both it's light weight and bird-like appearance). It must be those cool lower core stabilizers from Lahire. I like to reference Risaia's schematic as a base inspiration.

I find my Latona frame with Canopus/Moonlight/addboosters more versatile. It can end Takafumi Arasawa with a blade/shot 2 hit combo if I get lucky. I've never had it run out of energy in a fight. I haven't tested either Feather or my Latona frame on the final mission, since that mission is a bit unrealistic. It seems to me they hand you an S rank if you manage to beat that mission at all. I like to test against my builds in 2 vs 1 situations, like the Arteria Cranium missions. There's a sense of accomplishment for beating those missions with the most light weapons and frames possible rather than spamming spread bazooka for an S.

Twin spread bazookas and pocket LB-700's <3

As far as the Sobrero generator goes...you don't need force fields if you don't get hit, the trouble is not getting hit. I'm also assuming your using 1.40 regulations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq