• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNorth America
  • AC Type:
    Light-Medium Bipedal. Scouting Specifications
  • PSNID:
    Arbitor_N_Caelum

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:41 PM

First off, I'd like to direct anyone who hasn't seen it, to The Armored Core Podcast #2. It's the reason I'm posting this. Moody, Sash, & From discuss some things that are pretty relevant to the AC community and make several good points/observations throughout. One of the points that came up that caught my attention was about the Open World setting of many games these days and about it's place in Armored Core titles. So without further adieu (is that right?), on to the post.

Would an Open World setting fit in the Mission-based structure of Armored Core? After some thinking, I came to the (personal) conclusion of: Yes. I think it'd be perfect actually.

In the Podcast, the mission-based structure of the games was brought up as a negative in terms of translating mission-based Armored Core to Open World Armored Core, for good good reason. Many mission-based games don't translate to Open World very well because they are for the most part, ridiculous. Take Armored Core 3 for example. You had several different environments where missions take place. If the game were open world, there would have been a need to figure out and implement the logistics of transitions between different areas and in a way that makes it not only smooth, but believable. In AC3 you see an overall map of Layered but it never shows you the transitions, how the sky could turn to night & day, how there's an ocean and a rig there, etc. You took the mission, went there and got the job done, hopefully enjoying it. But it never actually shows you how areas are connected, how a foggy forrest is connect to an ocean, which is connected to a city, which is connected to a lab, which is connected to a giant hub where a crazy A.I. is trying to kill you. There was also the problem with level design. Many of the levels took place in closed off areas. To implement the same areas in an open world, giving the same experience as say, Trafalgar in the parking deck (that prick...!) would be mostly impractical if not impossible. Even if they were implemented, they'd be few and far between. Also, there's the Out of Bounds limits that keep the players from running away, abusing altitude, etc.

However, I believe that for all the things that can't be translated from past Armored Core titles into an open world setting, there are new things that can be implemented and old things things that can be complemented.

(I'm copy pasting from a note app. I was thinking about this for a while when I first saw the podcast, again, go watch it).

The following are my ideas on how to better utilize an Open World setting in an Armored Core title.

Armored Core Mechanics: Open World

How Open World can fit into Armored Core

•Make the Open World small but spherical.
-Too big a open world devolves into a running/driving simulator and Armored Core doesn't want or need that trait attached to it. Too small an Open World and you have a plain old sandbox which receives the criticisms from the opposite end of the "too big" side. However, Armored Core can benefit greatly from having an Open World setting if it has a world that's not too big but not too small. The smaller, medium sized? map will keep things compact while the spherical shape would creat the illusion of endlessness, being able to go in any direct and never encounter a wall.

-So with the Spherical Open World you get a more interesting single player and multi player.

-In Single Player, the "Story Mode" is in the form of missions. You'd play as a mercenary leading a mercenary outfit, trying to survive in the world. You receive jobs from whatever factions/corporations are fighting at the time and get rewarded for completing the job. Taking on several jobs for one faction that includes specifically attacking another faction will cause that faction to unofficially mark you as Allied with said faction/an enemy of the faction you attacked. You can also formally declare loyalty to a faction or declare a faction as your enemy.

But here's how the Open World comes into play. Regardless of if you accept a mission or not, something in the game world happens and you can witness or intervene in said events without having a mission. Faction A wants you to attack Faction B's HQ but you decline the job. If you decline the job, the attack still gets carried out by someone else, either Faction A's forces or another Merc group. If you go to the location of the attack, Faction B's base in this case, you can witness the battle or even join in or attack Faction A's base from where they launched their forces or attack the hired merc group's base while they're away (y'know, because we can't have other people stealing customers). Interfering could have benefits/consequences of varying degrees. Say a hired mercenary pilot is in danger of getting killed by Faction B's pilot. By attacking Faction B's pilot and saving the merc pilot hired by Faction A you build affinity. By building affinity and making allies you gain access to lore/hints/secrets or whatever that help you understand the stories of the people in the game world. This also improves replayability slightly because not everyone will be friends, obviously, and if you kill someone's ally/friend/family to save someone else (or just because) you'll piss them off and they'll want revenge, going out of their way to kill you, interfere with business, interfere on your missions, etc.

In Multiplayer the Open World would be similar to the single player but with a multi player spin on things. Players join or start up their own merc outfits (team) and join a lobby with other teams. Like in Verdict Day, the factions are still A.I. controlled but missions will be offered to the teams in the lobby. Some missions may be joint operations where you partner with another team, others may put you in direct conflict with another team, etc. Like in Single Player, you build affinity and alliances with the A.I. controlled factions, merc groups, etc. and/or other players (of course their won't be an affinity gauge for players so be wary of those cheeky bastards). You can locate and attack the bases of enemy teams and/or their allies, etc same as in Single Player. Teams can retire at any point to leave the lobbies but the battle only ends when one faction is left standing. If a team is taken out/defeated (by being completely destroyed, unable to pay the bills lol, etc) then that team is kicked from the lobby and remaining teams get a reward depending on how long the defeated team stayed in that particular lobby for (a team quitting and leaving gives no rewards, obviously). Lobbies are persistent. The only way to exit a lobby is to retire your team or be defeated. If you exit the game, upon returning you will be placed back in the same lobby you were in before unless you retired/defeated. Your team's base can be destroyed while you are offline however it will not count as being defeated unless the team pilots* are also killed (marked KIA). If your team base has been destroyed while you were offline, when you return to the game, you and your AC, along with some of your forces/resources/etc. will have a moving convoy. Find another base and rebuild. While you are online, your convoy can be found and destroyed by enemy players. There is a ten minute delay when you log off, disconnect, whatever. In these ten minutes your convoy can be found and destroyed and your pilot will be defeated (marked KIA). If the ten minutes pass without incident, the convoy will disappear and respawn (ideally where there is no conflict) and you can resume play.

Every team pilot gets a convoy if the team base is destroyed. A team is only defeated once all it's team pilots have been marked KIA. Pilots can lead their convoys to regroup with their allies, find a base, etc. If you have a teammate who is online you can choose to spawn at their location. If you have a friend getting offline, you can guard their convoy until the ten minute delay ends.

*More on team pilots and being marked KIA later

The Importance Other Vehicles

ACs would have operation limits (10-30 minutes? Less if enough damage is sustained?), preventing continuous AC usage. ACs must be returned to base and restored/repaired/recharged either by returning on their own or via transport chopper/truck/boat. You can also transport or have your AC transported to a location (you mark or fixed) and start it up once you arrive at your location. ACs can be destroyed while being transported though Lock-On will be unavailable unless it is powered on.

Combat Vehicles will also be available, such as artillery trucks, anti-air vehicles, jamming vehicles, etc. These can be used in varying degrees for various tactics at a less cost than an AC.

The Importance of Humans

The human element is a key part in gameplay. If you're on a mission to help a faction capture a base, human soldiers play an important role. They are the ones who capture the base, kidnap the VIP, download data, etc. Covering them, shielding them and keeping large enemies away from them is essential for victoty. If all of Faction A's soldiers are killed, the player can choose to exit their AC an complete the mission on their own (can exit the AC at anytime) or abandon the mission. Your own team's personnel also help fix your ACs, defend the team's base, (optionally) drive the vehicle transporting your ACs, capture bases, pilot other ACs you create (alternative to UNACs) etc. They are vital to your team's success and require payment (they are mercs after all).

Team Pilot & Marked KIA
A player's Team Pilot is a created character, customizable. Whatever pilot you enter a lobby as, that is the pilot you will be. If that pilot is killed, it is marked KIA for the rest of your time in the lobby. When your team pilot is marked KIA, the player is given control of a generic character. The character can be used to pilot a vehicle, assist in ground combat, or pilot an AC (though the AC will have extremely lowered performance). When the generic character is killed... you just keep spawning as generic characters (maybe if you die several times you get a generic character named Carmine?). If all a team's Pilots are marked KIA, the team is defeated.

Negotiating Missions Single & Multi Player

Even if not an open world game, this is something I think should be added.

If a mission expects you to perform a difficult task, negotiating allows you to raise the price to hire you or lower it to gain favor with a faction and allow them to hire other support for you on that mission (though added support wouldn't be guaranteed... maybe because they're trying to kill you, who knows? lol). There is a chance that if you ask for a higher pay that the client faction will give someone else the job (and you could screw up that mission or take out who they hire to give them the middle finger... lol). You can also negotiate for specific rewards like parts, base repairs, vehicles, etc.

The Arena in Single & Multi Player

The Arena would make a return being hosted in an underground city. Pilots (Player & A.I.) can schedule & participate in fights, watch fights, etc. There are no deaths in the Arena but there are reduced repair costs. There'll be a leader board consisting of all the A.I. & Player Pilot(s) participating in the Arena. Doing well in the Arena has benefits. Higher up the leaderboard you go, the more pay you will be offered on jobs from Factions and you gain access to lore from messages and conversations with other pilots in the Arena.

Different Arena Maps would be supported (lore wise), by having the battles take place in abandoned sections of the Underground City.

Tournament & Community Support
Yes, this (the entire underground city actually... hold that thought) could be used to help make things easier for hosting Tournaments. The inclusion of a Commentator/Broadcast Room in game allowing access to a variety of features for those who want to host/record tournaments via Arena. I don't know what specifically would be needed outside the obvious camera control, stat displays, AC build displays, fake audience laughter button, a fire alarm, a button to cut to commercial, a button to bring in the show girls, other essentials, etc. (and regulations for parts).

The Underground City could be used for Community Support. Players could upload their content, like video and put them in a theater or on street displays. Art can be displayed in art galleries, etc. Players can view these things via menu or by exploring the Underground City with their characters.

Missions, Mission Structure, and Mission Variety

I think there's a huge amount the can be done to fix these ailments that the series has, even without an Open World setting. It was brought up in the podcast anout introducing enemies that show up depending on performance. An affinity system as mentioned earlier would add that unpredictability to missions and then some. Depending on how you play, who you ally with, your many actions, you make friends and enemies, maybe different ones each time you play the game. Those different enemies would interfere with your missions and what not but why stop there?

Say for example, you have a mission to Destroy Line Ark (lol). You fight White Glint who's there defending it. Well let's say you pissed off Otsdarva some time before the fight. He'll leave in the middle of the fight to let you die or try to kill you himself or if you don't like him, you can do the same (So being able to target allies would have to be a thing, which gives you the option of betraying whoever, whenever). Then say someone else shows up and they have a grudge against White Glint and the two fly off somewhere. You can follow them, abandoning the mission, and assist either side in the battle (for honor, kill the interrupter and finish your battle with White Glint or eliminate White Glint and make friends with the Interrupter). Or maybe someone who has a grudge against you shows up and kills you or kills White Glint then challenges you to a final battle type thing.

Maybe the faction who hired you doesn't like you or White Glint and they send a horde of missiles your way to try and kill you both? Maybe you ignore White Glint, destroy Line Ark and leave, causing White Glint to hate you, become Black Glint and proceed to make your life hell?

Maybe you were offered another mission earlier that involved attacking on of Line Ark's allies but you declined. The forces sent in your olace lost and during your mission sent White Glint reinforcements to assist in repelling you?

Various possibilities with various outcomes adds unpredictability and a large degree of replayability. These things wouldn't be solely for Single Player but Multi Player as well. (I realize that I've been using ACFA to articulate this example but I'm not saying make the gameplay like ACFA. It'd be best if things were slowed down overall to keep the Open World as small as possible).

Super bosses like Arms Forts could also be a thing with multiple ways of tackling them. A giant tower need to be destroyed or you need to get to whoever's at the top. Force your way into the tower then make your way up to the top through the different floors. Or fly up and land on some platforms as you fight off airborne enemies or the tower's outside defenses. Maybe go down, under the tower and blow up it's supports, fighting several enemy ACs while you get the job done, causing the tower to fall and drastically affecting the landscape.

Destroy cities or save civilians, sink ships, capture ships, etc. Different missions that shake things up other than destroy enemies, all the while having a chance for the enemies or friends you've made to intervene in some way.

Implementing and Using Lore with the Open World

While Armored Core is no Dark Souls, there are methods that can be applied to Armored Core in an Open World setting.

Say your mission is to Infiltrate Faction A's base and steal blue prints for a new machine. While you're there stealing the information (on foot by the way, none of this head hacking stuff from 5th gen lol) you can also get curious and take data on other things Faction A is working on, like the site where they're building a super weapon/arms fort or some dirty secret about how they launched an operation to destroy a city then blamed it on another group, or the location of a research site where they're secretly studying old world tech, or the history they learned from the old world tech.

Say you've allied yourself with Faction B and you fight a pilot from Faction C. If you shoot him down without fully destroying his AC, younget dialogue where he tells you that Faction A & Faction B are in cahoots and killed innocent people or your allies without you knowing and he thought you were in on it, or something like that. Then you can choose where to go from there, spare him & betray Faction B or kill him... & still betray Faction B.

Dark Souls used item descriptions to hint at the lore and while AC doesn't really have that, it just means that the bios of NPCs and Stolen Data and other things in the world would have to be used more effectively to tell a story and paint some history pictures.

So could an Armored Core game set in an Open World work? I say yes. If done correctly... then again that applies to almost anything. So yes? no? maybe so? Will the world ever know? Find out on the next DRAGON BALL - wrong place, wrong time lol.
Was trying to think of something to put here... Couldn't think of anything... Nope, nothing.

#2 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:48 AM

Would an Open World setting fit in the Mission-based structure of Armored Core? After some thinking, I came to the (personal) conclusion of: Yes. I think it'd be perfect actually.

Nope, not at all. It could be brought to the table in a number of ways but would mark a big shift (for the worse imo) from the key concepts of the series, towards homogenous game design. Immersion is implemented through mechanical simulation with everything else playing second fiddle.

could it be done for single player? ya but it would consume time and budget likely needed elsewhere.

reading through the rest i like these ideas. However, for every shiny feature there is a give and take. Beyond development resources, these types of things (RTS elements, animated/interactable map architecture) can be quite taxing on hardware. Every multiplayer game in the series has been plagued by "lag" issues, sadly, the best experience in multiplayer is a streamlined one. 

As I said in the podcast thread, next gen consoles are no panacea. Three or four players in the wrong DS3 level causes frame rate, animation and all the typical issues associated with P2P games. It still comes down to region more than anything.

Close the door, put out the light.

#3 Zenith2025

Zenith2025

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:34 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing an open world AC. At the very least they could do something about all these damn BORDERS.

#4 Arbitor Nox Caelum

Arbitor Nox Caelum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNorth America
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Arbitor_N_Caelum

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:27 AM

Well a shift is something the series needs in some form or another to draw in casual players. Younger gaming generations lean towards open world designs and if that's all it takes to draw their attention then I say Fromsoft should give it a shot, even if it's just single player. I don't think switching to an open world would just move the series away from it's key concepts. After all, before Demon's Souls there was Armored Core with it's indirect storytelling, customization, and it's combat system & control mapping.

Lol, yeah you have a point there. Maybe before something single player, Fromsoft should figure out & refine their multiplayer. Maybe a game centered around multiplayer in the Arena or something? Streamlining in my book means dumbing down lol, but if a streamlined take on the Arena portion of my idea list would draw in new players and give the community some support then yeah, I'd be all for that (despite my preference for single player stuff).

Streamlined multiplayer would be another big shift but one way or another, a shift is needed. If they go the multiplayer route, they should probably focus on the dealing with the lag issues. So yeah, a streamlined multiplayer would let them focus on that (I think. I don't know crap 'bout coding or nothing).

@Zenith2025
Lol. There should still be borders, just better transitions (leaving the mission area results in mission failure but if you leave you'd still have control of your AC/Pilot). And ideally, border borders in game would be big guns that kill you if you try to enter the capitals of Faction territories.

Or they could just Build A Wall and Make Armored Core Great Again... lol
Was trying to think of something to put here... Couldn't think of anything... Nope, nothing.

#5 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:41 AM

examples:

4th gen maps with destructible buildings (lag in single player never mind multi)

4th gen blades

5th gen maps like executive sector couldn't handle a half full BR if everyone was moving well

5th gen base customization is fucked beyond belief. 

VD cuts back on these issues and more, but is generally stale for it. 

basically the more the player has accessed to the more broken the game will be, but the more complex it becomes to balance, the less options we get.

#6 Arbitor Nox Caelum

Arbitor Nox Caelum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNorth America
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Arbitor_N_Caelum

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:53 PM

Not necessarily (if you're talking about broken as in broken). Look at games like Battlefield and Just Cause.

Am a bit confused about what you're referring to when you mention complexity/balance.

#7 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland (Crow's nest)
  • AC Type:
    LBP, HRJ, Light Quad, CQC.
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:07 AM

I shouldn't really be posting yet, as I haven't really read everything in the thread, but when I read open world, questlines and Armored Core, the first thing that comes to mind is running terrible fetch quests with the slowest heavy tank build, ever, slowly creeping across barren wastelands with nothing worth mentioning to see in the scenery.

Unless they went for a 'lost world rediscovered' routine or so, where you'd explore the long abandoned ruins of cities buried in the sand/snow... But that wouldn't be Armored Core anymore, now would it?

Like my new hero said,

''It could be brought to the table in a number of ways but would mark a big shift (for the worse imo) from the key concepts of the series, towards homogenous game design. Immersion is implemented through mechanical simulation with everything else playing second fiddle.

could it be done for single player? ya but it would consume time and budget likely needed elsewhere.''

I was also slightly bothered by the note on the borders. Of course, a few certain maps have pretty terrible boundaries, killing the player the very instant they move outside the boundary at a moderate speed or higher, but I feel it's safe to say that in most cases, on most maps, it's entirely the player's own fault if they end up dying due to a lack of situational self-awareness.

I'm not saying the boundaries couldn't use redesigning, I'm just saying.

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#8 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:17 AM

Not necessarily (if you're talking about broken as in broken). Look at games like Battlefield and Just Cause.

Am a bit confused about what you're referring to when you mention complexity/balance.

If you look at my list, all of these issues are aggravated by complex map design. Im saying there is basically an inverse relationship between complexity and balance, you cannot have your cake and eat it to. Stability might be the word I was looking for, but its all part of the picture... 

Most poignant example: Arms fort lag bases in fifth gen. IDK about VD, but you could consistently lower frame rate, for all players, into the single digits with the right turret layout (looking at you, vanir).

ex: You have a map with fixed structure... in the middle is a box. One player blows up the box, that information now has to be relayed to every other player in the lobby. If there is any discrepancy between one of those players and the host, your going to have problems. The animated box's death increases that load exponentially, according to the number of players in the room and simultaneous/subsequent box destruction.

So with this in mind, I think its best to minimize such things, at least in multiplayer. 'Course we've experienced this already with V>VD, and most seem to agree that in this case they went too far. Its a fine line (that inverse relationship) they've forced themselves to run, in this regard, and thus far failed to perfect. It really depends on what they choose to use for core mechanics. ACV overloaded the PS3 with robust maps, VD underwhelms everyone with its less dynamic layouts. 

Im kinda thinking they've played out existing 5th gen mechanics, it may not be possible to hit the benchmarks they're shooting for as VD lags in spite of less cluttered maps. It certainly isn't with the amount of freedom they've left the player in both games. 

TLDR: More features=Less features, if they detract from the core game. Static numbers are a game devs best friend (and therefor ultimately ours). More variables, necessitated by a broader range of player options, can nullify the benefits of those options, and worse. In VD, we got the ultimate "and worse" insufficient measures to fix lag imbalanced what ACV had become.

#9 Zenith2025

Zenith2025

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:14 AM

I WILL HAVE MY CAKE AND I WILL EAT IT TOO!
The Witcher 3 has vast open worlds across three or four different maps. It's amazing, even with all the glitches and crashes that still continue to plague the game a year later I still find it very entertaining and rewarding. I would love to see Armored Core implement a system like this.

#10 Arbitor Nox Caelum

Arbitor Nox Caelum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNorth America
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Arbitor_N_Caelum

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:26 PM

@Black Crow
Eh wrong idea lol. Imagine missions like, in AC4/FA for example, where you attack the BFF fleet or where you destroy a horde of incoming bombs. Hopefully there'd be more variety but overall there'd still be missions like what we're use to but they'd be mkre dynamic. Like being able to chase an opponent out of the mission area, which would cause you to fail the mission but you follow your opponent and stumble across his base or whatever.

On the Border thing, I'm not saying take them away but just give them better context within the open world. If the game is open world and you go out of bounds then it wouldn't make much sense for the game screen to go black and ask you if you want to retry the mission.

@Nescient
Yeah stability is the better word there lol. Even so, inverse complexity/stability isn't necessarily a "given" case. Take Bad Company 2 for example. It has plenty of what V/VD maps have with things that can be destroyed but overall, it remained fairly stable.

I'd agree with minimizing such things in multiplayer and I wasn't envisioning everything being able to be destroyed. Just enemies, enemy emplacements, and a set piece or two. And while they haven't managed to perfect these elements in past games, there's still the possibility that they will. But if there's no other way, I don't think anyone would oppose to an Arena focused multiplayer AC, though it would have to be something spectacular to draw in new players and hold their attention.

And if by static numbers you mean more AC stats... PLEASE GOD, NO!

@Zenith2025
Bad news bears... we're out of cake. Chicken with icing?

#11 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:33 AM

true to form, borders were implemented poorly. The biggest problem is inconsistent oob range. They bandaged incomplete maps with suicidal border zones (or none at all).

walking sims can sometimes wok occasionally with fruity shit

does it even pvp bro... The original quote sums up acv well...

@Nescient
Yeah stability is the better word there lol. Even so, inverse complexity/stability isn't necessarily a "given" case. Take Bad Company 2 for example. It has plenty of what V/VD maps have with things that can be destroyed but overall, it remained fairly stable.

FPS (I assume this genre plays better with internets than AC, fundamentally)

BF game, these use servers no?

Destructible objects are only part of the problem. Fifth gens map builder is garbage. It detracts more than it offers. Stacked missiles (V) or rockets (VD)  ruins evrting. 

And if by static numbers you mean more AC stats... PLEASE GOD, NO!

i meant fixed values, such as AC5s lack of frame part tuning. It was as ubiquitous with the series as part selection till it became too much to balance.

#12 Reyleones

Reyleones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationEverywere
  • AC Type:
    Versatile in all forms of combat
  • PSNID:
    Reyleones

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:56 AM

I'm here for the chicken and icing

#13 Arbitor Nox Caelum

Arbitor Nox Caelum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNorth America
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Arbitor_N_Caelum

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:36 PM

@Nescient
I don't understand why that would be the case.
Does V/VD not use servers?
And very much agreed about the 5th gen map building.

@Reyleones
Then I have bad news for you... A spooky space alien stole the chicken and a midget man wearing tutu used the icing to draw icing flowers on the floor as he danced... I'd say there's a brightside but a dog came by shorty after and traced the icing flower with poop...

#14 Reyleones

Reyleones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationEverywere
  • AC Type:
    Versatile in all forms of combat
  • PSNID:
    Reyleones

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:06 PM

Aliens aren't reel 👽 jk.
To the midget man (I will find yew and I will kill you)Liam neesons)
To the dog.....buttt why bro why?

OK OK enough shenanigans
World mode meh it. Could b viable in different scenarios I guess like world mode can be were u find parts n such (how that would be set up , idk man there's billions of ways)then do like an arena type deal for those who want to and have territories n such u could have defense systems to protect your base/territory players also have the options of invading your territory n such(didn't brainstorm much buttt that be a keel thing to see I think

#15 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:49 PM

@Nescient
I don't understand why that would be the case.
Does V/VD not use servers?
And very much agreed about the 5th gen map building.

@Reyleones
Then I have bad news for you... A spooky space alien stole the chicken and a midget man wearing tutu used the icing to draw icing flowers on the floor as he danced... I'd say there's a brightside but a dog came by shorty after and traced the icing flower with poop...

First, forgive me but what?

IDK we might need an adult. AFAIK most if not all games with an online component employ some form of plastic box to make certain things happen...

VD does use servers in CQ, but doesn't employ them for in game functions. The servers store account data(,,,?). World mode uses the same peer to peer shit as FB. This is why certain turret formations can so easily shock the system into limp mode, its really just a couple PS3s talkin shit over the discordant back-drop of wifi melodrama.... 

Its been years since I checked out a BF title but for the most part DICE has merketered BF as like... this totally ground breaking classic g-AAHHHHH FPS GFY...

DICE uses servers to suck in butthurt cod scrubs like Parry. These are actual servers that run calculations, anti-cheat, in general do computer things. Froms approach is more of a hillbilly nitrous hot-rod whip, saw the black box open, cross a wire here, cut a few there splice this in and bam, we don't need no fuckin servers jackin up our damn overheads... trololololuru.

"traced the icing flower with poop" this line resonates with me in particular. Deep stuff.

#16 Arbitor Nox Caelum

Arbitor Nox Caelum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNorth America
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Arbitor_N_Caelum

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:53 AM

@Reyleones
👽👾 I always forget about emojis... and once I rediscover them, I swear my facsination with them is child-like 😂
And yeah the midget man was a real pansy. He ran away. Good luck findin' him though 👍😎
🐕💩

I envision it as like data or blueprints or something and you have the part made or make it or something like that. I agree the arena definitely needs to get brought back. As for territories/baae defense, I really didn't envision it that way but that would be cool as fk. For personal base, I was thinking of something small, like a hangar or two and a place for the pilot & npcs. The defenses would be whatever vehicles you have at the base. Major territories would be A.I. controlled (like faction capitals and what not). Honestly I like what you suggest better but although I'm optimistic, I'm not that optimistic... but if that could be done then YES PLEASE.

@Nescient
Aliens, Chicken, Midgets & Dog Poop?

Lol. I am an adult. We may need smarter adults. I took an extremely cursory glance at how this stuff works: http://gafferongames...ame-networking/

What I was getting at was the maps/game world/whatever.... something... lol

Ah! To have a connection with the flower made of icing shows courage but to have a connection with it when it is traced with poop... that shows wisdom.

#17 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

i was just thinking of that snail meme...

#18 Arbitor Nox Caelum

Arbitor Nox Caelum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNorth America
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Arbitor_N_Caelum

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:39 PM

Yeah... gonna have to be more specific...

https://www.google.c...biw=360&bih=615

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq