• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationApartment
  • AC Type:
    LRJ w/ sniper cannon
  • LIVE Tag:
    A Kool Pop Tart

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:45 AM

What sorts of loadouts are good for LRJs these days? The last LRJ I used was a skirmisher with two rifles and did fairly well with it, but I think that was because I was facing a bunch of new players. Unfortunately I don't have the specs available, but I just wanted to get some idea of what weapons I should be using or what I should spec for

#2 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationFinland (Crow's nest)
  • AC Type:
    LBP, HRJ, Light Quad, CQC.
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:51 AM

Here's a good one. It'll either make you laugh, or it'll make you cry.

First, make a Cornelius Archibald Sawarabi, right? So.

Put two snipers and KE and TE shields on that thing. Done!

Or~!

Two accuracy specced kumos. Then a KE and TE shields on that thing.

If you wanna take the kumo thing to a next level, stack some AP! Have CIWs and two KE shields! Slap someone in a duel, and just permaglide away with your AP lead. Your shields will take care of all the incoming fire, and your CIWs make sure you don't have to worry about those pesky Mathuras. Sounds like a good deal, eh?

Now, here's another one. Imagine that you're a LBP. You might think shotguns and BRs, which I'd agree with. Now, imagine that instead of being a LBP that gets stunned by everything, you're a Fisherman LRJ. Why Fisherman? Because they're about as mobile as a LBP, with that much needed RR. You'd just have to get over their possibly low defenses and slightly higher energy consumption, which I'm kind of struggling with, still.

Personally, the Forehead legs are kinda sketchy. The TE stacked can allow you to have pretty high defenses for a 'light' build, but they tend to be kinda slow on lightweight terms. However, with the right boosters, you can turn this into a pretty tough piler/TE blader. That aside, they feel more like a MBP to me, so I'd try some MBP loadouts. Similarily to using Fisherman as a LBP alternative, using Foreheads over MBPs has the advantage (Or disadvantage!) of stronger jumping and generally higher RR. The downside, personally, is their carry capacity and overall drop in speed as the carry load goes higher, IIRC.

But on a more serious note on the Sawarabi legs, here's what you'll wanna do.

Strip it of any weapons, give it the lightest frame ever possible, put in a Suzumushi gen, a Beowulf head, and a Burya booster. Paint it blue, give those shoes of your AC a red tint. Name it Sanic, and give it a Sanic emblem. Gotta go fast, am I right?

The rest of the LRJ legs? I wish I could be more constructive, but I can't say. I've entertained myself a couple of times trying to make builds out of those, but I'd usually come to a conclusion that other legs do those things better, so I can't say I'd have any recommendations for those.

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#3 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:00 AM

Here's a good one. It'll either make you laugh, or it'll make you cry.

First, make a Cornelius Archibald Sawarabi, right? So.

Put two snipers and KE and TE shields on that thing. Done!

Or~!

Two accuracy specced kumos. Then a KE and TE shields on that thing.

This is pretty much what the competitive LRJs look like.

‚ÄčA less competitive but still effective LRJ can use weapon arms very effectively. I personally like the HEAT Cannon weapon arms with 003 tuning but, pulse cannon weapon arms aren't bad choices either. I've seen a few people use the Laser cannon weapon arms and have kumos as their standard weapons but I haven't tried that myself.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq