The Ethermaster, Leos Klein's AC
  • PSNID:
    Killer641990
  • LIVE Tag:
    Ghost1234560
  • SkypeID:
    Killer641990

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:03 PM

Hello, I signed up for this forum trying to find out if there are any players willing to help me finish Armored Core 5 and Verdict Day as I have been on a marathon the past few months trying to beat all of the armored core games. I have been a fan of the armored core games since Armored Core 2 released when the PS2 first launched. Here are the games I have managed to beat so far: 

Armored Core

Armored Core Project Phantasma

Armored Core Master of Arena 

Armored Core 2

Armored Core 3

Armored Core Nexus 

Armored Core 4

Armored Core For Answer 

Here are the games I have been having trouble with and could use some advice on: 

Armored Core 2 Another Age 

Armored Core Silent Line 

Armored Core Nine Breaker 

Armored Core Last Raven 

Armored Core 5 

Armored Core Verdict Day 

I know with Armored Core 2 Another Age I had to beat the base game Armored Core 2 twice after learning about how to get the Human PLUS upgrades to make the game easier. I found out the hard way though its much harder to get the Op-Intensify upgrades for AC3 as trying to play Silent Line without that makes it much harder. My favorite setup in most Armored Core games is the common and probably cliche moonlight blade and Karasawa laser rifle setup although in the PS2 games its pretty tough getting those weapons (never want to do the 2 missions to unlock the karasawa in AC3 ever again). Definitely would love some advice from the community if anyone has it on my crazy adventure attempting to beat all of these games  :unsure:

#2 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationFinland (Crow's nest)
  • AC Type:
    LBP, HRJ, Light Quad, CQC.
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:44 PM

For ACVD, there's four good options.

1. Autocannon tank. Add middle missiles, or VTFs.

2. Pretty much any frame and leg type, run a pair of PMGs and CEMGs. Add VTFs.

3. For the flying frisbee, you use that autocannon tank. No missiles necessary.

4. Against the wanna-be NEXT (Last boss), you just need some KE and vertical missiles.
    I'd recommend running dual 1st gen Lambourdes (Forgot name), Oktryt and verticals with good tracking.

Stack KE defense. Run a LBP or MBP.

Optionally, autocannon tank.

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#3 FromCheng

FromCheng

Tolima.

• Administrators
  • 551 posts
  • LocationTolima.
  • AC Type:
    Tolima
  • PSNID:
    FromCheng FromCheng_EU
  • LIVE Tag:
    N/A

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

Welcome! Any particular, specific troubles you're having with each game?

-Final Boss, wields Tolima

#4 Killer64

Killer64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Killer641990
  • LIVE Tag:
    Ghost1234560
  • SkypeID:
    Killer641990

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:06 PM

So far, I believe with AC2AA I believe I have a file I can beat the game with since I went through AC2 a second time to get the Human PLUS upgrades which made a HUGE difference in the games difficulty (it's not wonder they got rid of it after AC3 since its considered cheating). With AC3 though, I beat the game but I have been having a lot of trouble trying to go after the Op-Intensify upgrades to make Silent Line easier since I have been trying to play through Silent Line without the Op-Intensify upgrades and its been giving me a lot of trouble. For Nine Breaker and Last Raven, when I tried playing through those I got the feeling I should have went through the trouble to get most of the secret parts in Nexus instead of just the usual Karasawa and Moonlight which I think I need to go through getting the secret parts from the 2nd disc of Nexus. The last secret part I was having trouble with in Nexus was the one for the submarine mission remake from Master of Arena where they expect you to not let even a single torpedo touch the submarine which I'm having trouble with. As for Last Raven, from my last attempt I'm wondering if I'm even capable of beating a game so hard but I'm definitely going to try but I feel like I would probably need the secret parts for that as well. From trying to play through the AC5 games alone, I tend to get the impression that the way the story missions are designed with their difficulty they expect you to play through them with a team mate. I believe another one of my problems with AC5 is trying to adjust my AC setup with how different it is compared to the other games in the series since the weapons and parts don't work the same way as in the PS1 or PS2 generation. 

#5 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:10 PM

Salutations.

got rid of PLUS after 3? Nonsense. Nearly half the AIs use it and I have a file where I hacked PLUS onto my build in Nexus and Ninebreaker. (Its a lot of fun to play with) I also know it can be done in LR but I haven't bothered to do so.

‚ÄčIf you are on PS3 I don't mind helping you finish the game, just PM me on PSN (or here I guess). I don't think this will work for ACV (but if we can set it up I'm game), just VD. But its not like one game is that much harder than the other, since ACV throws re-supply vehicles at you and even allows you to change parts mid mission. An easy way to beat some of the difficult stuff in VD is to build yourself a good unac. A simple auto cannon tank with HEAT Rockets on a proper frame with even semi decent programming will complete any AC fight for you. Taking some time to practice a sniper cannon quad will also serve you well.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#6 Killer64

Killer64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Killer641990
  • LIVE Tag:
    Ghost1234560
  • SkypeID:
    Killer641990

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

Ok so for Verdict Day I'll have to set up my AC with an Auto Cannon to get through most of the missions, I'm guessing its either an optional part or back weapon in the shop? One thing I noticed though, when you transfer a file from AC5 into VD that your money on your AC5 file doesn't carry over to VD. Yeah I'm playing it on PS3 my screen name on PSN is Killer641990. I looked into it and I think coop for story missions is still available in AC5 although I know the servers for territory battles are permanently offline though. I think only coop and free battle in AC5 are the only multiplayer options still working in the game. In both AC5 and VD I named my team Human PLUS Ravens as a reference to the PS1 and PS2 AC games. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq