• 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

yeah, know the flight path and you're golden. 

the video is AC4, so the animations wont be exactly like FA, however the principles are the same. Horizontal dodges are ineffective vs mp0203, you might be able to avoid the brunt of the shot but more than likely you'll get grazed and lose a lot of energy in the process.

Look at 0203's firing pattern, its a broad horizontal spread missile. Going over/under is the way its done. More specifically, a perfect MP0203 dodge involves vertical thrust to get it to arc up from beneath you, cutting vertical thrust to avoid the missiles "back-swing" and likely repeating the process due to how quickly it reloads. Otherwise go straight to the ground, the barrage will shoot over your head, attempt to arc behind you and end up hitting the ground.

Close the door, put out the light.

#22 Temjin

Temjin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:30 AM

Did a short practice tonight, dodging vertically worked fine. The quick boost right after elevation change helped a lot, and to get the arc up as you mentioned.  I will dodge side way only if I run out of other options. The only way I can get the AC to go up rapidly is to return the left stick to neutral position, more of a bad habit.

I will try to get familiar with various type of missiles, and also practice some basic dodging moves like normal boosting diagonally and such.

Thanks again, very helpful as always.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq