Photo

New player here (Silent Line & Verdict Day)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMuscle Shoals, AL, USA, Earth, Solar System, Known Universe, ?
  • AC Type:
    Busted
  • PSNID:
    GildedSpaceHydra

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:19 AM

Hey everybody, thought I'd drop in and introduce myself. My name is Cody, I'm from Alabama, I'm a musician, and I usually play slower games such as RPGs, adventure games, Metroidvanias, and interactive fiction, as I like narrarive and am pretty clutzy. Nevertheless I've recently found myself wanting to pilot a giant robot, so I bought a few mech games: Silent Line, Verdict Day, Mech Warrior 2, and Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram. I'm new to this type of game but I'm intrigued by them, especially Armored Core.

Frankly I am TERRIBLE at Armored Core, to the point that I don't even understand what these games expect of me. Some folks on the Facebook group directed me to the guides here, which have definitely clarified some things for me intellectually, but I still am not capable of playing the game in practice. Seriously, I eventually beat the first story mode mission in ACVD, but I have no idea how as the game doesn't really given instructions or feedback. Now I'm playing the second mission over and over getting creamed, with no idea what I'm doing wrong or how to correct it. If I didn't get the feeling there's something really interesting going on beneath the surface of this game then I doubt I'd bother, but I find the game strangely appealing and feel compelled to keep going.

So doubtlessly I will be asking all kinds of dumb questions here in the near future. Please bear with me.

#2 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm