N00b question: ACVD headset?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMuscle Shoals, AL, USA, Earth, Solar System, Known Universe, ?
  • AC Type:
    Busted
  • PSNID:
    GildedSpaceHydra

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:34 AM

I've never played a modern online game. Does ACVD PVP require/support headset communication? If so, are there any decent CHEAP headsets out there? The threads I found through Google keep recommending $100-200 headsets. I didn't spend $200 on my PS3, and I recently picked up a nice pair of semi-pro studio headphones for $75 - it's hard for me to justify spending that on a device that will doubtlessly be primarily used to enable teenagers to yell slurs at me (jk... sorta). I don't need anything fancy, as ACVD is the only online multiplayer game I own and I'm still awful at it. Any recommendations? Thanks!

#2 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

its not required but does support it. We're usually a pretty quiet group in game. That said it is easier to coach fresh PvPers verbally. Cheap mics are kinda hit or miss but anything in the $20-$50 range works.

Close the door, put out the light.

#3 Gripheenix

Gripheenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationLittle Podunk Town
  • AC Type:
    Jack of All Trades
  • PSNID:
    Rakiokon

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:50 AM

A headset isn't required, no, especially since most players on VD don't really talk much, unless it's trash-talk. But as mentioned above, it does help with communication.

If you're operating on a PS3, just about any USB or Bluetooth headset will be compatible with the system (which is more than I can say for the PS4...). A cheapo $20 BT earpiece, that you can probably buy at Walmart, in the cellphone section, probably won't sound the greatest, but it should work well enough. Though, if possible, I would recommend a USB headset, if only because you can send game audio through that as well, and stop the bleed of your TV audio into the mic. Though, unfortunately, USB headsets have become much more scarce than they used to be, I've found...

(Cool things happen when you click on Megaman's face.)

sig-1.png

#4 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMuscle Shoals, AL, USA, Earth, Solar System, Known Universe, ?
  • AC Type:
    Busted
  • PSNID:
    GildedSpaceHydra

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:02 AM

Thanks, y'all. I'll try to acquire a cheap USB headset of some sort soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq