Paint color unpredictability?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMuscle Shoals, AL, USA, Earth, Solar System, Known Universe, ?
  • AC Type:
    Busted
  • PSNID:
    GildedSpaceHydra

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:09 AM

I noticed my paint jobs were looking far more vivid/saturated in the field than in the garage (looking bright instead of dark or pale) as well as sometimes traces of gold coloration that I hadn't intended. So I painted my AC solid white to observe the results. In the garage the whole thing looked soft white, but some patches (tank treads and weapons) were more grayish than others. In test mode the brighter areas were very stark white, whereas the legs are almost entirely pale yellow and parts of my guns are a soft pinkish-orange. Does everyone experience these variations, and if so have you developed a method for working around it?

I looked again in the workshop and it appears the colors are "cooler" here and "warmer" in test mode. The areas that were stark white in test mode have a faint blue cast in the workshop, whereas the blatant yellow areas appear to have only a slight tint. On closer examination, the reddish tint on the guns is visible in the shop, but still much more pronounced in test.

#2 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:59 AM

yes- normal, good eye.

yes- decals and finding the right balance in the pallet to suit the maps the builds gotta look good on.

Close the door, put out the light.

#3 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • AC Type:
    Busted
  • PSNID:
    GildedSpaceHydra

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:49 AM

I ended up finding my leg colors first since they were the most egregiously discolored, subtracting red and green (or adding blue) as needed until they looked right in test mode, then matching the rest of the body to them in the shop (which gets prettt close) before double checking in test mode and fine tuning. Weapons were a little tricky as they aren't discolored uniformly and needed separate tweaking, but they're also not discolored as extremely as the legs and I also didn't care as much about them mismatching a bit. The process took a while, mostly due to my need to approximate white on the legs, but once I got everything in the ballpark and put some decals on it, it came on pretty nicely.

#4 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:56 AM

i find some of the camo patterns help blend weapons.

Close the door, put out the light.

#5 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • AC Type:
    Busted
  • PSNID:
    GildedSpaceHydra

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:45 AM

Good idea, hadn't thought of that. I'm a sucker for any game with custumization.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq