Photo

Armored Core 2 Another Age Mission 80 Eliminate Raven AC Weapons Suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Killer64

Killer64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • AC Type:
    The Ethermaster, Leos Klein's AC
  • PSNID:
    Killer641990
  • LIVE Tag:
    Ghost1234560
  • SkypeID:
    Killer641990

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:51 PM

I currently have been stuck on this mission for awhile, I have come very close to beating it although I have a slight problem. The mission is in the Zearm desert and you have to eliminate 3 AC's ganging up on you and attacking you in order to pass the mission. On my best attempt, I was actually able to kill two of the three AC's without too much trouble using two ewc-gn-81 grenade launchers. However, where I have trouble with is killing the last AC as by that point in the battle the ammo for both of my grenade launchers run out and I have to rely on an arm weapon to finish the mission. I tried using the ewg-hc-gn210 arm mounted grenade launcher but the problem is it's rate of fire is too slow and it gets me killed whenever I use it on this mission. I have also been using the zes-99/mirror shield which works wonders in missions like this against AC's with insanely powerful weapons such as in the first 9-ball fight in this game. Any suggestions on which right arm weapon I would be able to use to beat the mission? Everything else I have set up for this mission is perfect, all that I need to figure out to finish the mission is which right arm weapon to use. It should also be noted I do use several of the optional parts such as energy weapon boosters, parts decreasing shell and energy weapon damage, etc. you get the idea. Also it should be noted that with this setup I can't use any energy weapons so I'm unable to use my trusty Karasawa Mk.2 and moonlight blade setup. The reason why is because of the mirror shield, I need it to help me stay alive against the onslaught of 3 AC's ganging up on me at once and using an energy weapon along with that causes too much drain which renders the energy shield depleted leaving my AC open to annihilation in seconds. 

#2 Wingan

Wingan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • PSNID:
    WingedAngel47300

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:01 AM

If you are open to any kind of AC, have you tried missile weapons arms + missile extensions + back middle missiles? You should have enough ammo to eliminate all of them. If it's not enough, keep these weapons on a quadruped and add a back chain gun.

But if you just want to change your right arm weapon, what about a shotgun or a machinegun? Some models carry a lot of ammo and they are quite efficient if you can use them at close range.

#3 Killer64

Killer64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Killer641990
  • LIVE Tag:
    Ghost1234560
  • SkypeID:
    Killer641990

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:43 PM

I haven't tried missile arms yet, maybe that's what I'm missing I'll have to try it out. I always equip anti-missile extensions as a prerequisite to defend from them since AC battles tend to involve ludicrous waves of missiles that can wipe out an AC if your not careful. I was thinking about swapping out one of my back grenade launchers with a back chain gun, I'm worried about it not doing much damage though as thats what tends to happen to me when I use back chain guns in boss battles like this although it helps keep the enemy off of me while my energy gauge refills. Is there one in particular in this game I should try using? 

#4 Wingan

Wingan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • PSNID:
    WingedAngel47300

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:47 PM

I'd say the basic chaingun is the best, the heaviest one. What type of legs do you use by the way?

And good luck, I hope you'll succeed!

#5 Killer64

Killer64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Killer641990
  • LIVE Tag:
    Ghost1234560
  • SkypeID:
    Killer641990

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

It really depends on the mission what type of legs I use. For example, for certain missions where most of the level is water or where high mobility is necessary to avoid a boss AC's attacks I'll use the quadruped for the mobility or a set of hover legs in order to hover over the water to defend from waves of enemies in certain missions. I normally try to stick with an AC design I managed to find on GameFAQS replicating the Ethermaster, the cover AC for the original Armored Core 2 its the AC you see in the intro literally annihilating everything with the Karasawa on Mars. For anyone else interested in where to find the list of AC parts necessary to build the Ethermaster, check out the faq on gamefaqs called Armored Core 2 Core designs by NManzella here https://www.gamefaqs...ore-2/faqs/9715. Here is what he has as his schematic or parts list for the Ethermaster:

The Blue Zio Matrix (intro blue AC)

Performance Info

Head: ZHD-MO/EGRET
Core: ZCL-XA/2
Arms: ZAN-202/TEM
Legs: ZLN-XA2/FF
Booster: ZBT-GEX/3000
FCS: LODD-BLAZER
Generator: GR-XR/SEED
Radiator: RPS-MER/A3
Inside: INW-BD-XVX
Extension: BEX-BRM-04
BACK UNIT R ZWM-M24/1MU
BACK UNIT L ZWC-LQ/2552
ARM UNIT R KARASAWA-MK2
ARM UNIT L EES-777LAR

Opt. 1 SP-ENE-SCR
Opt. 2 SP-BCNDR
Opt. 3 SP-BFS/LOSP
Opt. 4 SP-ENE-ACC
Opt. 5 SP-E/SAVER
Opt. 6 SP-CBRK
Opt. 7 SP-VIECH
Total slots: 21

AP 8235
WEIGHT 8598
GRADE GREAT

Pattern: Cold Blue
General Red Green Blue
Base
Aid
Optional
Detail 65 60 85
Joint
Only change the Detail color.

Normally though that AC is an overweight AC so for AC2 you can only use that AC after you beat the game and unlock the ability to use overweight AC's on missions. I forgot to mention though, I also have another file for Armored Core 2 Another Age where I loaded in Human PLUS upgrades from beating Armored Core 2 for a second time although that time getting the Human PLUS upgrades. Therefore, I have actually been playing through all of the missions in AC2AA twice, in one file without Human PLUS upgrades and in the other file with Human PLUS upgrades. To my surprise though, on some of the missions I actually got a better rating without using the Human PLUS upgrades than with using them although I won't really feel like I have truly beaten the game unless I can somehow manage to do it without the Human PLUS upgrades. Then again, maybe its more fair to use the upgrades since the boss AC's and enemy AC's are using it against me all the time and not using it wouldn't make it a fair fight. 

#6 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

Karasawa mk 2 with Optionals. Rip them apart.

‚ÄčOr missiles, multi missiles with the night sniper rifle.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#7 Killer64

Killer64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Killer641990
  • LIVE Tag:
    Ghost1234560
  • SkypeID:
    Killer641990

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:07 PM

That's the thing that is tricky with this mission though, with every fiber of my body I am tempted to bust out the Karasawa and moonlight blade but the problem is the high energy drain of both weapons. Since they use up so much energy even with the optional parts, it burns through my energy supply leaving the ZES-99/MIRROR shield useless while trying to recharge and to their opening onslaught of missiles. I actually tried using the Karasawa on them and even with the optional parts it burned through my energy supply too quickly and they annihilated me before I even really had much of a chance to fight back. I'm trying to figure out a setup using the mirror shield which will kill all 3 AC's quickly enough without burning through my energy supply so quickly. I almost have the setup I need though as I was able to tear through two of them quickly enough with the two unlockable back grenade launchers but the issue is they don't have much ammo which leaves me open to the third AC killing me. What makes this sound even more insane though is that when I tried using weapons like the Karasawa and night sniper rifle in this fight they actually don't do enough damage and don't kill the AC's fast enough. I know I have been using anti-missile extensions to defend from their missiles and the ZES-99/MIRROR shield to defend from their other attacks although for both to work properly I noticed I have to keep all 3 in front of me as much as possible or the extensions and mirror shield won't protect me (I know it's kind of obvious that would happen with both lol still pointing it out though). I haven't tried replacing the back grenade launchers with missiles though, I wonder if I should try using the mini-nuke missile that has like 10,000 attack although I think I tried that on another mission before and it was too slow. 

#8 Killer64

Killer64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Killer641990
  • LIVE Tag:
    Ghost1234560
  • SkypeID:
    Killer641990

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

An update to this struggle, I actually found a way without human plus to stop the ZES-99/MIRROR shield from draining my energy supply altogether. I found out that how much the mirror shield drains your energy supply is actually based on the rate of energy drain on the legs you're using. Therefore, by using the legs with the lowest energy drain rating in the game I was able to stop the mirror shield from draining my energy supply making the fight significantly more possible to win than before. The only problem currently is simply hitting the AC's with my dual back grenade launchers and what makes it trickier is that I only have 20 shots total with them (10 shots per launcher) so I can't miss with my shots and both of the ammo for the launchers needs to wipe out two of the three AC's so that I can take out the last one with the machine gun I'm using. Somehow I feel someone at FromSoftware when designing the game knew how much using the Karasawa with that set of legs would break the game since they made it impossible to equip the Karasawa with that pair of legs. I also found out something peculiar, when messing with my Human PLUS file I actually found a way to use the Karasawa MK2 with 80 shots (double the normal 40 using the unlock-able back ammo part you unlock by beating all of the old avalon arena missions) without the mirror shield draining my energy supply with that load out also which at this point I have a feeling may have broken the difficulty of the rest of the missions in the game (Almost got me FromSoft, trying to stop me from using the Karasawa without the drain of the mirror shield but I still found a way! :P )  

#9 Killer64

Killer64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Killer641990
  • LIVE Tag:
    Ghost1234560
  • SkypeID:
    Killer641990

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

Fellow AC fans, I have done it. After playing this same mission, dying and resetting my PS2 all weekend long I can finally state that I have beaten one of the most difficult missions in Armored Core history. To start off with how I beat this almost impossible mission, here was my winning AC setup. 

HEAD: ZHD-MO/EGRET

CORE: ZCL-XA/2

ARMS: ZAN-202/TEM

LEGS: ELC-MLK0303

BOOSTER: NONE

FCS: DOX-ALM

GENERATOR: HOY-B1000

RADIATOR: RBG-CLX5000

INSIDE: NONE

EXTENSION: ZEX-RS/HOUND

BACK UNIT R: EWC-GN-81

BACK UNIT L: EWC-GN-81

ARM UNIT R: EWG-HC-GN210

ARM UNIT L: ZES-99/MIRROR

OPTIONAL PARTS 

SP-S/SCR

SP-ENE/SCR

SP-BSI-LE

SP-SAB/J

SP-CIR-K

SP-BMALAD

SP-BF5/LOSP

SP-M/AUTO

SP-BLS

Strategy: 

At the beginning of the battle, as soon as you're given control of your AC immediately turn on your anti-missile extensions and switch to one of your rear grenade launchers. Next, turn a little left and pay attention to the two AC's coming at you. Remember this, the AC on the left is Pit Viper and the AC on the right is Pendulum with Heaven's Blaze AC following close behind those two. Move forward towards them and wait a bit for Pendulum to fall a bit to the ground. When you see him start to fall, hit overboost and steer your AC to the two largest buildings on the map in front of you where all three of the AC's came from. When your energy runs out, quickly hide behind the building on the right to let your energy recharge. Once your energy is recharged, turn on your mirror shield. Now here is where the difficult part comes in, in order from biggest threat to least threat is Pendulum, Pit Viper and Heaven's Blaze. Keep this in mind because this is the order you must kill the 3 AC's or else you will be wasting your time. Pendulum is the biggest threat because he's constantly shooting rockets at you and using your own grenade rifle on you (He has it on his AC too). You have to use your rear grenade launcher to get him into a shocked state where he can't move and do not let up on him! Keep shooting him with your grenades until he goes down, then go after Pit Viper. Now for this AC, he's using a quadruped with a pulse rifle and a rear chaingun. For Pit Viper, you have to get as close as possible when shooting at him to make sure your grenades hit him since he likes to jump around a lot easily dodging your grenades. Now for the last AC, with Heaven's Blaze use similar tactics to Pit Viper although he has reverse-jointed legs and a sniper rifle so his AC is much more maneuverable than yours. Again, get as close as possible and shoot your grenade rifle (by this point, after using your rear grenade launchers on Pit Viper and Pendulum you'll be out of ammo in both). Also, keep in mind that for your shield to be effective to reduce the damage of their attacks you must always keep your AC facing your opponent at all times or it will be rendered useless. Now, even with this extensive strategy its still going to take some amazing luck as well to beat this mission. Meaning sometimes the AI for the AC's in this mission get stuck behind a building or sometimes your AC manages to avoid most of the incoming fire from the three AC's. This magical combination of the AI losing your AC and your AC managing to avoid most of their fire while using this strategy is ultimately what you need to win. Therefore, even with such a heavily defensive and offensive AC as what I have listed here, it's still going to take some luck in your favor. Therefore, you just have to keep using this strategy and restarting the mission over and over again by resetting your PS2 until you win. Also, with this setup since the energy drain is so low your mirror shield actually won't drain your energy gauge at all. 

I don't know how I managed to do it but somehow I kept pushing myself to play this mission despite my strong urge to throw my controller several times (managed to somehow hold back from doing it) along with the hundreds of times I failed and died consistently. All the other tactics and AC combinations I have tried either don't have enough defensive features, the weapons fire too slow or they don't do enough damage. Even the fabled, one and only Karasawa or night sniper rifle are worthless in this mission because they don't do enough damage to the enemy AC's. 

Now, with this virtually impossible mission finally behind me, I can finally move forward in my mission to beat Armored Core 2 Another Age once and for all!  :lol:

#10 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:21 PM

uhhh... clearly you haven't faught nine-serph yet.

good luck : D

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq