Light/Mid Bipedal tuned for Assault.
  • PSNID:
    n/a
  • LIVE Tag:
    Siphon 117
  • SkypeID:
    n/a

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:41 PM

Before I get started, I'd just like to say that I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death, and back. And everyone is free to disagree with me down below. After replaying the original trilogy, and finally getting into Last Raven (albeit, on an Emulator, with all the parts unlocked, and the game 148% complete, courtesy of ZeFromCheng), and touching up on ACFA and ACVD, I figured I'd make my own topic about what I'd like to see in an AC6 game.

As far as I'm aware, From Software is finally working on AC6 (and a brand new IP, as well. Who knows....), so this is probably just useless exercise, but I just wanted to go ahead and put my thoughts out there.

Firstly, before I get into game mechanics, I want to bring up one of the biggest issues that a lot of new players have with any AC game. The controls, and how they're explained.

Lets be honest here. In the older games (AC1, AC2, and even AC3), when you start up the game, your immediately thrown into an area with enemies, and are told to pas the test. No tutorial, no prompts, nothing. While that may have worked fine in the classic era of gaming (N64, PS1, up to PS2 and Original Xbox), such handling of new players is practically a death sentence these days.

To that end, the kind of control scheme I'd want, and the type of tutorials to go with it, are as follows.

(This is based off the 360/Xbone controller)

The controls, I'd stick with the Standard Type B control, from AC4/FA. You would use the sticks for movement and aiming (also much like Nexus-Last Raven), use the triggers for boosting and quick boosting (or wall jumping, if applicable, more on that later).

A and X would be for switching weapons, and holding them would either reload said weapon's clip, or vent excess heat (if applicable), while B toggles shoulder/extension, and Y toggles Core ability (more on that later) Holding the Y button would toggle secondary core abilities.

The bumpers would be for firing whatever weapon you have selected, LB for left, and RB for right, and to purge whatever weapon you want, you have to hold down A+X+LB for left, A+X+RB for right, and A+X+B for shoulder.

Now, here's where it would be a bit different. The D-Pad, which serves almost no purpose in AC4/FA, would be put to use. On each core, would be 4 slots for ability parts (more on those later), with each slot tied to one of the directions of the D-Pad. Up, down, and left and right, would activate ability parts that are tied to that slot (such as having an offensive ability part tied to up, defensive tied to down, support tied to left, and EX part tied to right)

Additionally, clicking on the left stick would toggle a screen to appear in the top left most portion of the screen, providing a live feed of whatever target you're locking on to at the time. Clicking on the right stick would reset your camera view to center, while holding it would toggle manual/lock on mode. And if you have a long range deploy weapon, when clicking in on the left stick, you will activate the zoom mode, allowing for long range sniping.

And like any AC game, you can customize the controls to however you want your control setup to be.

As for the tutorial, I'd have it set up so that when you start a new game (regardless of if you have any previous saved data), you're given the option to either skip the tutorial (for those that may have played the game already, and know the mechanics and controls), or start the basic tutorial.

After completing the basic tutorial (which would show basic movement, lock on and flight mechanics, as well as general combat and basic tactics), the player would be given an option to either start the game, or start the Advanced Tutorial. The advanced tutorial, would teach some of the more advanced mechanics (go figure). Things like chain boosting, wall chaining, second and third staging (which would return, in my version, but were never explained in the AC4/FA tutorial), advanced weapon tactics, usage of the ability parts, and other things. And even after completing the Tutorial, the player would always have the option of revisiting the tutorial in the options menu (either from the system menu, for saving the game, or in the garage).

Now, with that out of the way, lets move on to the meat of this post.

Game mechanics.

Firstly, even though I, for the longest time, disliked Gen 5 as a whole, I've sense grown to like some of the things it did.

For me, I'd want a mix of the Game mechanics of Gen 3, Gen 4, and Gen 5, all rolled up into one nice, balanced package.

To that end, here's what I'd have in my AC6 game.

General Mobility and movement:

For general boosting, I'd have the basic boosting behave like it does in AC4/FA, with it taking a few seconds (depending on the booster acceleration) to reach your normal top speed (based on weight, type of legs, and max output of booster). Additionally, boosting while in flight would have more drain than boosting on the ground, so as to prevent fights being completely aerial duels (which was the norm in AC4/FA), but not completely eliminating vertical flight. (Like with ACV/VD) Additionally, I would bring back heat mechanics from Nexus-Last Raven, with you gaining greater heat from boosting to maintain flight, but not so much that boosting could overheat your AC on its own (unless you have a bad AC design).

Quick boosting, would operate much the same as it does in AC4/FA, albeit toned down, and with repercussions for doing so. In addition to using up more energy than normal boosting, quick boosting would add spikes of heat onto your AC. And if you say, pull off a wicked chain boost, you could potentially overheat your AC for a bit, forcing you to be a bit more careful, and plan your approach, instead of spamming chain boosts all over the place, and making heavy weights look like useless paper weights. Additionally, quick boosting would add a fair amount of stress onto your AC, which would be measured by a new mechanic in the game. Your AC's G-Force tolerance (I'll go more into that later, in defense mechanics). Effectively, when you quick boost, it adds to the stress, which is measured by the G-Force gauge, which would be next to your AP meter. When you're pulling off high amounts of quick boosts, in addition to the high heat you might be taking (depending on the build), you'll be building up on the G-Force gauge. If you Max out the G-Force gauge, from that point on you'll start damaging your AC every time you pull off a quick boost, and you become much easier to stun, with high impact weapons being able to stagger you for several seconds until your G-Force gauge depletes to about half.

This way, light weights can still be speedy, but at immense cost and risk. A bad pilot in a light weight wouldn't be able to maintain the mobility, while a good pilot would be a force to be reckoned with, but would be easy to counter with proper piloting skills.

Continuing on from that, wall jumping. Wall jumping would largely return from ACV/VD, with a proper wall jump providing you a good boost in speed away from whatever wall you're leaping from. Wall jumping wouldn't increase your heat as much, nor would it increase your G-Gauge as much. Additionally, you could either fly up a building, or you could wall jump up it, saving on energy, heat, and G-force stress.

Next, over boosting and glide boosting. While they serve the same purpose, they operate in vastly differently principles. In Gen 2 and Gen 3 games, over boosting would provide you with a massive boost either forward, or left or right. In gen 4, over boosting was almost exclusively forward, with limited turning left and right. In gen 5, Glide boosting, allowed you to Over boost in any direction except the opposite direction you started from.

In my AC6 world, Over boosting and Glide Boosting would be separated by core types (more on that later), with some key differences between the 2. Over boosting would function muck like it does in the Gen 2/3 games, providing a massive boost in speed, at the cost of high drain and high heat. Glide boosting, would require you to be on a flat surface before activating (just like it is in gen 5), and would be overall slower than over boosting, but would be much less draining on your AC, as well as not as hot, and would allow you to move in any direction except the opposite that you started from. However, glide boosting wouldn't allow you to change elevation, just like it does in the gen 5 games.

This way, ACs that have Over boost have a massive forward speed advantage, as well as the ability to change elevation, but limited turning. ACs that have Glide boost, would instead have the advantage in horizontal mobility, at the cost of speed and vertical movement. The 2 would serve similar roles, but function differently, providing even more variety in AC design.

Tank and hover legs would be a special case, as they get the ability to have a built in Glide Boost, allowing for a Tank/hover types to have glide boost, but with an over boost core, allowing them to change elevation as well. But with a glide boost core, they could glide boost at the same levels of speed as over boosting. Only Tank and Hover legs would get this advantage. And if a Tank or Hover leg engages over boost while in the air, it would operate just like any other AC using over boost, until they stopped, and engaged it on a surface.

Defense and damage stats:

Now, onto defense and damage types. I myself wasn't initially too keen on the KE/TE/CE rock paper scissors style of defense that Gen 5 brought to the table, but I've since realized its actually reasonable good, if needing a bit of balance.

Firstly, basic damage types would be separated into three categories.

Firstly, Kinetic weapons. These are fairly straight forward, and would be much the same as it is in ACV/VD. Weapons like rifles, machine guns, shot guns, sniper rifles, Gauss rifles/rail guns, and so on, would be the main sources of KE damage. However, KE weapons would also deal impact damage, which would effect the G-gauge. Weapons like machine guns and rifles, wouldn't do much impact damage, while handguns and shot guns would deal moderate, and sniper rifles and rail guns would deal significant damage, both AP damage and impact damage, with consecutive hits being able to inflict high amounts of stun onto an enemy AC, maxing out their G-gauge.

For the defensive side, the amount of impact damage you take from KE weapons, would be determined by the general stability of your AC, as well as the impact resistance of your armor, with lights having low impact resistance, mediums being the middle ground, and heavy's having high impact resistance. However, much like in ACV/VD, if you take too much KE damage in a short period of time, your armor's impact resistance and general defense will be compromised, making you easier to stun, and allowing KE weapons to deal more damage. KE weapons would also deal some heat damage, but much lower compared to Thermal weapons.

Next, Thermal weapons. These would include laser weapons, plasma weapons, pulse weapons, as well as charged particle weapons, which would be a mix of Kojima weapons from AC4/FA, with some of the functionality of beam weapons from the Gundam series. Anyway, Laser weapons only only deal thermal damage, plasma weapons would deal heat damage, as well as some kinetic and impact damage (seeing as plasma has mass). Particle weapons would deal mostly heat damage, with minimal kinetic. Pulse weapons, would be largely the same as particle weapons, dealing mostly heat damage.

On the defensive side, heat damage is mitigated by the general cooling of your AC, as well as the cooling power of your radiator, and the armor thickness of your AC/s body parts. Just like with kinetic weapons, if you take a large amount of thermal damage in a short amount of time, your AC's radiator has to work harder to keep your AC cool, and your armor's thermal resistance gets compromised, making you more vulnerable to thermal damage for a short period of time.

The third and final primary damage type, Explosive weapons. For some reason, explosive damage was often in the CE category, meaning Chemical Energy, and while that's not technically wrong, chemical explosives are still dealing kinetic damage, through the explosive. Anyway explosive weapons would include missiles, grenade weapons, bazookas, rockets, etc. Explosive weapons deal kinetic and impact damage, as well as a fair amount of heat damage as well.

On the defensive side of things, Explosive damage is mitigated by the armor thickness, the impact resistance and the thermal resistance of your AC. Explosive weapons also have a splash radius with which they will still deal damage, even in the event of a miss.

Overall, here's how the Damage resistance stats would go as follows.

Impact resistance

Armor thickness

Heat resistance

Cooling

Stability

These defense stats would all overlap for the different damage types, allowing for more varied mech design, and not too much of a Rock/Paper/Scissors defense mechanics that Gen 5 had, but would still be a bit more complex than Gen 1-4 defense stats.

Now, those stats are primarily that of your ACs body. In addition to the normal defenses of an AC, you can equip your AC with different types of shields, and even a certain type of core would come equipped with build in shielding.

An AC can mount shields on the left and right arms, that act as flat, defensive shields that absorb damage from the direction the shield is mounted on. Arm mounted shields come in solid, physical shields, that have their own AP meter, and can absorb enemy fire until its AP meter reaches Zero, at which point the shield will break and you'll have to discard it. They can also come in Plasma shields, which create a plasma barrier around the emitter, that will weaken kinetic weapons, but absorbing some of the impact force, and compromising the structural integrity of the rounds. Additionally, explosive and other thermal weapons are largely absorbed by plasma shielding. Plasma shielding doesn't run out like a physical shield, but they cover a smaller area, and have a significant en drain.

In addition to the arm mounted shields, you can mount Physical and Plasma shields onto your shoulder units, which will absorb damage taken from the sides. Another type of shield can also be equipped on the shoulders, called particle shielding. A shoulder mounted particle shield, would create a spherical shield around the AC, much like Primal Armor in Gen 4. The particle shield would lessen the impact of kinetic weapons, and would absorb some of the heat damage from en weapons. Plasma and particle weapons would be especially affected by particle shielding. Particle shield emitters can also be equipped as a back unit, with multiple emitters stacking the particle defense. However, particle shields have a very high EN drain, and are fairly heavy as well.

Particle shielding would also be a core ability, added as the main function of shield cores (more on them later), sacrificing over boosting, glide boosting and Orbit cannons, for increased defense. Particle shielding is also active all the time, unlike plasma shields or arm mounted physical shields.

Weapons types:

So, the general damage types are outlined above, and the defensive stats that go accordingly with them. Firstly, here are the slots you can mount weapons on.

Right arm and Left arm weapons: These would often be the primary weapons of the AC, and would have the greatest variety. They would operate with a mix of Gen 4 and Gen 5 stats (more on those later)

Right and left back weapons: These would be larger, back mounted weapons, and would largely operate the same as then do in Gen 4. High recoil weapons would require none tank type or quad legs to kneel to fire, unless assisted by a ability part. Back cannon type weapons that don't have a large amount of recoil, could be fired by even light and mid weights on the move, but with higher shot dispersion than if kneeling.

Shoulder weapons: These would be mounted on shoulder mounts, like in Gen 2-4 games, and would be largely support and passive units.

Now, onto more, specialized weapons.

Deploy weapons: These I actually liked from the Gen 5 games, and would largely stay the same. Tank types would be able to use them on the move, and quadrupeds would have the most accuracy with long range deploy weapons, such as deploy sniper cannons, and deploy rail guns. All types could zoom in with deploy weapons, by clicking in on the left stick, you can activate the zoom mode of certain deploy weapons.

Orbit Cannons: These would make a return from the older games, and would be tied to the type of core you have (more on that later). Instead of the orbit weapon being tied to each core, OC cores would determine the type of pod, while you could pick the actual orbit weapon. Additionally, there would be more variety of Orbit cannon types than in previous games, including machine guns, rifles, bazookas, auto missile launchers, pulse guns, laser rifles, plasma guns, and so on. Ballistic type would have limited ammo, while energy type would be able to regenerate ammo over time, but have much higher EN drain, and drain energy while in use.

Arm weapons. They've been a part of the series ever since the first game (albeit, didn't appear in Gen 5 until Verdict Day), and they've largely been the same until Gen 5. In my AC6 game, weapon arms would be separated into 2 types.

You would have the classic type of weapon arms, seen in Gen 1-4, and would prevent you from using hanger weapons, but would allow you to fire back weapons at the same time as the arm weapons, like in AC4/FA. These would be called Static type.

The second type, would be the transform type of arms, as shown in Verdict Day. They would allow you to wield normal weapon arms, but you could not use back weapons, as the back unit would be replaced by a Bay hanger, allowing you to switch between normal arm weapons and the arm unit itself. Transform arms would also have 2 types of attacks, the normal attack (activated by the RB button) and either a heavy attack or a alternative attack (activated by the LB button). To switch to the normal arm weapons, you would have to hold both the A and X button, and vice versa. Additionally, long range type of transform weapons (like the sniper cannon arms) could use the zoom function like deploy weapons. These would be called Transform type.

This way, there can be more variety in AC design, but all types will have their own advantages and disadvantages. Just like any arm weapon in the previous games, they have little AP and defense.

Not, onto specific weapon types.

For arm weapons, weapon types would be as follows.

Primarily Kinetic: Rifles, Assault rifles, machine guns, Gatling guns, shot guns, hand guns, sniper rifles, rail guns, pile drivers, physical blades, Kinetic bolt launchers (a new type of melee weapon, more on those later).

Primarily Thermal: Pulse rifles, Laser rifles, Plasma rifles, Charged particle rifles, Flamethrowers, Napalm howitzers, Laser Blades, Laser Lances (more on those later), and particle blades.

Primarily Explosive: Linear Rifles, Bazookas, Grenade Rifles, Hand missiles, Hand rockets, and howitzers.

Special Arm weapons: Dual arm melee weapons, dual arm Deploy weapons and Dual arm cannons.

Any other arm weapon types that I may have missed, you can add down below.

Next, Shoulder units.

Offensive type: Chain missiles (primarily explosive), Auto attack guns (primarily kinetic), Point defense laser turrets (primarily thermal), auto seek missiles (primarily explosive), and Kinetic bolt launchers (primarily kinetic, short range).

Defensive type: Chaff pods (for missile evasion), missile interceptor missiles (for missile destruction), ECM emitters(both passive, and active type), Solid shields, plasma shield emitters, and particle shield emitters.

Support type: Add on boosters, Generator boosters, ECM resistance pods, Radiator boosters, and FCS enhancers.

Next, Back units.

Primarily Kinetic: Chain guns, Gatling guns, Slug Guns, Sniper cannons, Shredder guns (a new type of back weapon, which would effectively be an auto slug gun, would fire in bursts, and would have very limited ammo), and rail cannons (Sniper and rail cannons can use the Zoom mode, just like deploy weapons)

Primarily Thermal: Pulse cannons, Laser cannons, Plasma cannons, Napalm howitzers, Napalm rockets, Napalm missiles, Plasma missiles, Particle missiles, and particle cannons. (Hi output laser and particle cannons can use the Zoom feature)

Primarily Explosive: Missiles pods (most missile types, small, medium, vertical, big, etc), Linear Cannons, Grenade cannons, Howitzer cannons, rockets, and bomb dispensers(effectively, they would operate much like the bomb dispenser inside part in AC2).

Support back units: Radar units, Particle shield emitters, Add on boosters, and Hanger Bay units (which, instead of carrying a back weapon, you carry a second arm weapon, and the Bay unit will switch weapons like they do in Gen 5).

Special Back types: Dual back missile pods, dual back cannons, dual back Bay units, Stealth units, and orbit weapon launchers.

Deploy Weapons.

Primarily Kinetic: Auto Cannons, Heavy Rifles, Sniper cannons*, Shredder Artillery Cannons*, and Rail Cannons*.

Primarily Thermal: Heavy Pulse cannons, Pulse Scatter cannons, HI Laser Cannons*, Scatter Laser Cannons, Laser Lancers, Plasma Casters, Particle Bazookas, Particle Lancers*, Plasma Beam cannons* and Plasma Torpedo Launchers.

Primarily Explosive: Heavy Linear Cannons*, Auto Grenade Rifles, Heavy Grenade Cannons, Artillery cannons*, Cruise Missile Launchers* and Hail Fire Rocket launchers*.

If there are any other kind of weapons or weapon types, please detail them down below.

Next, magazines and overheating in weapons.

Firstly, ballistic weapons (either primarily kinetic, thermal or explosive) would have certain types that would utilize a internal clip system, or an overheating system.

Single shot type of weapons, such as large caliber cannons, sniper weapons, and the like would fire in single shots, and not utilize a internal clip system in the magazine.

Rapid fire weapons (machine guns, assault rifles, auto cannons, chain guns, etc) would have either a clip system, or a overheating system. Weapons that used a clip system, would have more power, but a lower rate of fire, and would have limited clips before reloading (30-50 rounds for rifles and auto cannons, 60-100 rounds for machine guns and chain guns). Weapons that used the overheating, would be lower caliber, but have a higher rate of fire, and would stop firing after overheating, requiring you to vent the excess heat before firing again.

Gatling guns, either on the hand or on the back, would be unique in that they wouldn't overheat, but didn't have a clip system either. The weakness for them though, is that they take time to spool up to their max rate of fire.

Energy weapons (lasers, plasma, pulse, particle) would all be capable of overheating. Charge type EN weapons, would heat up to scale with how long you charge the weapon, meaning long charges would have longer periods of cooling off between shots, while short charges would allow for faster fire rates. Rapid fire type EN weapons, would have the overheating mechanic, much like rapid fire ballistic weapons.

For orbit weapons, all of them (both ballistic and energy type) would utilize the heating up mechanic. Slow firing orbit weapons wouldn't be affected by it much, but rapid fire type (machine gun, pulse gun, etc) will fire until they overheat, and then will automatically disengage, rejoining with the core to cool down, with the speed being determined by your core's cooling stat and the power of the radiator.

If there is anything else that you guys (or girls) might think need to be added, let me know down below.

Next, the different types of cores.

Much like in the Gen 3 games, cores would be separated into different types. With each type having a specific function to them.

Standard Cores: They would have a built in CIWS, and would be well rounded in every stat. The unique special function for standard cores, would be to toggle their CIWS to either fire on missiles, or auto fire on enemy units in the line of sight. Unlike Orbit weapons, the CIWS would be much weaker, and would have a much more limited firing ark and range, but would carry greater ammo capacity for ballistic type (ranging from Vulcan mini guns, to small chain guns) or would have infinite ammo (for pulse lasers and particle pulse guns), with the energy type pleading off heat energy into the core.

Orbit Cannon Cores: Much the same as Exceed orbit types from Gen 3, Orbit Cannon cores would often have slightly weaker defenses compared to Standard Cores, but would have a much more powerful cannon function. They would range from Single Cannon type, Dual Cannon Type, and Quad cannon type. All of them would be able to use any orbit cannon weapon of choice, which you would choose much like choosing any other type of weapon. Solid shell type would have limited ammunition, but wouldn't generate as much heat as energy type, and wouldn't cost energy to use. Energy type would have more limited shots in duration, but would be able to regenerate ammo when not in use. Toggling on and off would be Orbit Cannon Core's ability, with the Orbit cannons attacking the nearest opponent when active.

Overboost Cores: These would largely function the same as they do in all the past games, with a brief charge up time upon activation, followed by a massive burst of speed. Unlike in the past games, Overboost would be less costly, and would allow for greater bursts of speed than in previous games. While active, it would of course start to heat up your AC, and the initial boost would add to the G-gauge. When active, you boost in the direction you're looking, as opposed to straight ahead like in previous games, allowing you to overboost straight up or down if so desired. To compensate, you cannot activate you're quick boost, instead only being able to turn with normal boosting. Their would also be 3 sub types to Overboost cores. High Acceleration, which would have mediocre top speed, but would accelerate the fastest. High power, which would have the highest top speed, but the highest drain and heat output. And High efficiency, which would have the lowest top speed and acceleration, but would have the least drain and heat output.

Glide Boost Cores: Effectively, these would function like Glide boosting does in the Gen 5 games, with you needing to start on a flat surface to activate, which would then allow you to glide boost at moderate speeds, at a set horizontal level. Unlike Overboost cores, Glide Boost cores would allow you to use you're quick boost, and move in any direction except the opposite that you started from. Glide boosting would also produce heat when in use, but not as much as Overboosting.

Primal Armor Cores: These would have a much increased defensive advantage compared to all the other cores, with the Primal armor providing a significant defense against ballistic and particle weapons, but would have limited effects on laser, plasma and pulse weapons. The basic modes would be slow regen/fast regen, with the fast regen having an increased EN drain when in use. Holding the toggle button would cause it to over charge, allowing for an assault armor attack. A longer charge would lead to a more powerful assault armor attack, but longer recharge times as a consequence, and you lose the PA shield until it charges back up. When the PA is fully charged, a slight drag would decrease speed, due to air resistance.

Transform Cores: These would be unique in that, when combined with transform type legs, would allow you to transform into another form. Different Core and Leg combinations would allow for different types of forms, but the three basic types would be jet type, assault type, and ground type. Transform type would largely be compatible with weapon arms, but certain ones (due to shape, and the like) would be unequippable with transform type cores.

-Jet type would turn you're AC into a jet configuration, allowing for much increased speed and maneuverability, with decreased energy drain for all boost types, while have much decreased defenses and stability. Jet types are also constantly moving, with even basic hovering moving slight forward at all times. Jet types would still be limited to firing 2 weapons at a time, and melee weapons would be unusable. Holding down the quick boost button while moving forward would activate the Jet Over Boost, allowing for massive speed boosts. Jet type TF cores would also have a built in CIWS, that would only be active while in Jet form, and would attempt to shoot down missiles that lock on to the AC. Holding Y would toggle the CIWS on and off while in Jet form.

-Assault type: These would have increased Quick boost and vertical boost performance,being focused on more horizontal mobility, allowing for fast speeds in enclosed environments. Assault types would be more stable than Jet types, and would be able to fire all 4 primary weapons at once, with each side being paired accordingly (LB and X for left arm and left back, and RB and A for right arm and right back, respectively). Melee weapons would be able to be used, with larger, sweeping arks for blade type weapons, and longer lunges for stabbing type weapons. Assault type TF cores would also have a built in Orbit cannon, that is set to the type of weapons you have equipped. Equip ballistic weapons, you get a ballistic Orbit cannon. The orbit cannon will only attack targets that you lock on to, acting in tandem with your normal weapons. Holding Y would toggle the orbit cannons.

-Ground type: These would transform into high speed, ground based forms, utilizing multi wheels in combination with boosters to have massive speed boosts on the ground. They would have much increased stability over other types, and much like Assault types, would be able to fire all 4 standard weapons at the same time. A unique feature to Ground types, is the ability to fire deploy type weapons while on the move, much like Tank types. Ground types would also have a large boost to their defenses. For mobility, the normal movement would be quite fast, nearly as fast as hover legs. Quick boosting would be the same as with Assault types, and like jet types, holding the Quick boost button while moving driving forward would use an over booster. The main weakness that Ground types would have, would be the lack of any aerial movement when transformed, and would be unable to transform in the air, need to be on the ground to transform. When in Ground form, you could boost off a cliff or jump, and transform back into bipedal form.

Of course, mixing and matching different TF cores with different TF legs would lead to different TF combinations, each with their own advantages and disadvantages.

Next, onto Leg types, and specifics.

The base categories would be Bipedal, Reverse Joint, Quadruped, Tank, Hover, and Transform. Each one would have sub categories, that would go as follows. Additionally, your AC's Hanger space, is determined by your Leg type, meaning light legs can only have light hanger weapons, while heavy legs could have heavy hanger weapons.

Bipedals: Bipedal would have the standard Light, Medium and Heavy, but another sub type would be added. You would have Standard Bipedal (either light, medium or heavy) or Digigrade Bipedal (Comes in Light and medium).

-Standard: These would be much like the normal legs we humans have in terms of structure and mobility. They would have decent stability, and all around balanced stats.

-Digigrade: These would be the more mobility oriented type, having faster walking and boosting speeds in general, but would be less stable, and often times weaker defenses.

Reverse Joint: These would have the lowest EN consumption, and would have the highest jump function of all the legs. Turning speed and general stability would be weaker than Bipedals.

Quadruped: These would be the more ground based legs, having good walking and boosting speeds on the ground. They would also generally have better weight loads, greater stability, and increased defenses, but would be slower in the air compared to other leg types, and would have the highest EN drain.

Tank: These would have the greatest defenses of all the legs. They would come in 3 different types. Multi-Wheel, Caterpillar Track, and Hover Type. Additionally, Tank types would come equipped with a built in Glide boost, allowing for greater control with over boost cores, or greater speed with Glide boost cores. To activate the Glide boost with any other core type, you would need to hold the Y button to activate it. Tank types get the advantage of being able to use deploy weapons while on the move. Glide Boosting on the ground would have a lower EN drain than in the air, allowing Tank types to maintain decent speed on the ground.

-Multi-Wheel: These type of Tank legs would have good ground speed, both in normal movement, and in boosting, but would have mediocre speed in the air. They would have adequate defense and stability.

-Caterpillar Track: These would be the opposite, having the slowest ground speed, but the highest defenses, largest weight load, and best stability.

-Hover Type: These would be the middle ground of the 2, having decent ground speed, and more importantly, much better aerial speed than the other 2. Hover type Tank legs would also have the weakest stability of the 3, but would be able to move on water with no EN drain, and would have the better turning speeds of the 3. They would also have the fastest Glide boost of the 3, but the weakest defenses as a result.

Hover: These would be much like they are in the Gen 2/3 games, with high ground speed, high aerial speed, and very powerful boosters. They would also come in 3 different types, much like Tank legs. Also like Tank legs, they would come equipped with built in Glide boost, with the same controls. The three different types would be Rotor type, Thruster type, and Mag-Lev Type. Hover type would be the least stable of all leg types, and would have the lowest weight capaicty.

-Rotor Type: These type would utilize high speed rotors (like in air planes and helicopters) to maintain their flight, and would have the slowest acceleration and top speed, but would be the most EN efficient with both boosting and Glide boosting.

-Thruster Type: These would be the fastest of the 3, with the best top speed, and acceleration, but would have the highest EN drain of all of them, and would have the highest heat output.

-Mag-Lev Type: These would utilize Magnetic Levitation to induce aerial flight, utilizing Magnetic current in the wings to manipulate the pressure of the air, to produce lift (I know that it sounds like space magic, but its actually a real life phenomenon. Those fancy hoop fan things use it to create air currents. Imagine that kind of tech, scaled up, and used to make mechs fly.). They would would have good speed and acceleration, but would have the greatest maneuverability of the 3, at the cost of being the least stable.

Transform Type: These would be the Leg types that would be compatible with TF cores, allowing for you to Transform into another form. They would come in all types (bipedal, reverse joint, quadruped, Tank, and Hover), and would be compatible with different types of TF cores, allowing for different Transformation combinations. When not used with a TF core, they would function like normal legs.

Next up, would be the ability parts. These would be mapped to the D-pad, and would all have different functions.

Up: Up would activate offensive ability parts, which would provide an offensive bonus when in use, until its timer ran out, and would be useless until its cool down ran out, and then you could use it again. Offensive ability Parts, would include a Lock On enhancer, Accuracy Enhancer, EN weapon enhancer, Double weapon toggle, and others.

Down: Down would activate defensive ability parts. These would provide some kind of defensive advantage when in use. These would include PA shield buffers, Radar jammers, lock on disruptors, AP buffers (would provide temporary AP boosts), and so on.

Left: Left would toggle passive support ability parts on and off. Unlike offensive and defensive ability parts, support ability parts would provide a passive buff while on, at the cost of something else. Such as an EN output buff, but would increase the generators heat output, or a part that would increase parallel processing, but would reduce lock on range. Unlike the first 2, support parts would be toggled on and off, with no cool down period between uses.

Right: Right would toggle EX ability parts. EX parts, would provide extreme benefits for limited amounts of time, but would then have negative effects afterward. EX parts would include Limit Release (50 seconds of infinite energy, followed by 50 seconds of no energy), Boost Charge (doubles normal boost and quick boost power for 30 seconds, followed by 30 seconds of halved boost power), EN charge (Doubles EN weapons power for 20 seconds, followed by 40 seconds of half power) and so on.

If there's anything you guys would like to add or change about them, let me know down below.

That concludes most of my ideas for AC6. I could continue about specific parts, enemies, the setting and story, but I figure the most important thing in any AC game is the game mechanics, and levels of customization. I'll conclude it here, and I hope you guys give it some thought before responding down below. Please don't hate on me, just putting out my thoughts on what I would want with AC6.

Quotes

"Onward to the sacred Icon."

"From this moment on, you are a Raven."

"The only ones who should kill, are the those who are prepared to be killed."

"Olly olly oxen free."

#2 Temjin

Temjin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

I also wish AC6 controls will be more closer to FA.  Just come up with some basic comfy and eye candy ideas.  May be shows some actual battle damage on the AC. When the mission is completed, don't force the player out, but instead display a message saying push select to quit. For music, let you input mp3s files, any time you can change the track.

Just for fun, control AC in Space. Since no gravity, buttons for down/upward thrust may be needed. Build on top of FA controls, if you push side quick boost, the AC will not stop after the boost is over, but instead slowly decelerate in that direction. If you want to stop it immediately, you push opposite quick boost or normal boost. Think of the old PC game Asteroids.

#3 Siphon117

Siphon117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationArkansas
  • AC Type:
    Light/Mid Bipedal tuned for Assault.
  • PSNID:
    n/a
  • LIVE Tag:
    Siphon 117
  • SkypeID:
    n/a

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

I also wish AC6 controls will be more closer to FA.  Just come up with some basic comfy and eye candy ideas.  May be shows some actual battle damage on the AC. When the mission is completed, don't force the player out, but instead display a message saying push select to quit. For music, let you input mp3s files, any time you can change the track.

Just for fun, control AC in Space. Since no gravity, buttons for down/upward thrust may be needed. Build on top of FA controls, if you push side quick boost, the AC will not stop after the boost is over, but instead slowly decelerate in that direction. If you want to stop it immediately, you push opposite quick boost or normal boost. Think of the old PC game Asteroids.

I don't think any game dev is ready to allow us to play our own music yet, but its a neat idea anyway.

You're ideas for space sound good as well. Thanks for the response.

Quotes

"Onward to the sacred Icon."

"From this moment on, you are a Raven."

"The only ones who should kill, are the those who are prepared to be killed."

"Olly olly oxen free."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq