#1 SGTgorillaman

SGTgorillaman

Pilot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • PSNID:
    flameboy-17

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:55 AM

No matter what I do no matter how I fix flip swap change and equip it I always get blown out with no problem I don't even feel like I do any damage

Attached Files

#2 Gripheenix

Gripheenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationLittle Podunk Town
  • AC Type:
    Jack of All Trades
  • PSNID:
    Rakiokon

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

Well, the first problem I see, is that you have a TE stacked heavy. This is a very common mistake among newcomers, and a very easy trap to fall into. However, in 5th gen AC, defense numbers are far more important than AP. You might be well defended against TE sources of damage, but the other two sources (KE and CE) will eat you alive. So, the first thing you should do is swap around some frame parts, and round out your defenses more. General idea is to use core, arm, and head parts that have a different base defense type from your legs.

As for the weapons, I can't honestly see them too well in the picture, and I never bothered to learn VD's serial code part names. But, it looks like you're using cannon-type weapons up front? Most of the time, this isn't recommended, unless you're using a tank or a quad, as they force you to remain stationary, and restrict your vision during use. Tanks can use these weapons on the move, as if they were small weapons, and quads get accuracy and fire rate bonuses for these weapons. Most other leg types can't use them quite as effectively. I would suggest changing your weapons around as well. Try to have at least one weapon of each damage type. Typical setup would be rifle, battle rifle, pulse machine gun, or something along those lines. This will ensure that you will be able to hit anything you come across with effective damage. Just remember to scan them first. To scan, be in Scan Mode, focus on the target, wait for the scan meter to fill up, and press your Right Arm button (R2 by default). You will see a chart of the target's defense values and equipped weapons. This helps a lot, when you're still learning the game. If you're having trouble scanning, equip a KE head, as they generally have faster scan speeds.

Try these things, and it should at least fix the problems you have with your build. After that, it's just a matter of practicing until you become proficient with it, and learning how to move well.

(Cool things happen when you click on Megaman's face.)

sig-1.png

#3 SGTgorillaman

SGTgorillaman

Pilot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • PSNID:
    flameboy-17

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:38 AM

Yeah old dog new system I actually switched to gun pods and a rifle with auto guns been trying to find the right combo for years

#4 NPC Vers

NPC Vers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUnder Your Bed
  • AC Type:
    LRJ all the way, baby!
  • LIVE Tag:
    IAmBecomeZanite

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

Auto-attack guns are a bad idea, as the low damage and low range make it a waste of your shoulder unit space. If you're going for DPS, I recommend either a rocket launcher, AS missiles, or spread missiles. The blast radius and splash damage make hitting enemies a breeze, and they're easy for a newbie to use. As for weapons, I recommend high-powered rifles and at least one laser rifle or other TE attack weapon, as many of the players you will find on ACVD have little to no TE armor, sacrificing AP for defense and mobility. For Story Mode and normal sorties, you will want high-damage weapons such as battle rifles and rifles. DO NOT USE CANNON WEAPONRY. This places you in the "fixed position", fixing you in place and forcing you to soak up massive amounts of damage from enemies. Also, do not use heavy bipedal legs unless you want to be sluggish and under-equipped.I recommend medium bipedal legs, as they still give you plenty of AP and KE defense while making you more mobile. Also, high-capacity generators are good for bipedal legs, as jumping uses a lot of energy with bipeds. 

SMASH 4 IS FAIR AND BALANCED

CLOUD IS LOW-TIER

BAYO ISNT BROKEN JUST SDI

LITTLE MAC IS TOP-TIER

THE ONLY REASON I DONT SHOW UP IN TOURNEYS IS CUZ THEY PAY ME TO NOT SHOW UP

IM THE SECRET BOSS OF MY REGION

just end my life

#5 NPC Vers

NPC Vers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUnder Your Bed
  • AC Type:
    LRJ all the way, baby!
  • LIVE Tag:
    IAmBecomeZanite

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

Although I admit my advice may be a bit flawed, as I am still relatively new to Armored Core. Some players may carry anti-TE shields, so a high-powered laser rifle may not be the best idea. But if you're up against a light enemy with no shield, TE is the way to go. Tanks naturally have insanely high TE and KE defense, so carry a high damage CE weapon to chip away at them. Tetrapods are mainly CE defense, so KE and TE will be more effective. Remember, Scan Mode is key at determining your opponent's defenses(and weaknesses) and also to check the AP and weaponry. If you're not into Scan Mode, remember: 

TE Def=Loads of AP but weak to CE and KE(this depends)

Low AP=High Def but weak to TE

So keep that as a rule of thumb, and as always:

Have a good war.

Sieg Zeon!

SMASH 4 IS FAIR AND BALANCED

CLOUD IS LOW-TIER

BAYO ISNT BROKEN JUST SDI

LITTLE MAC IS TOP-TIER

THE ONLY REASON I DONT SHOW UP IN TOURNEYS IS CUZ THEY PAY ME TO NOT SHOW UP

IM THE SECRET BOSS OF MY REGION

just end my life

0 user(s) are reading this topic