Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

The story goes like this:

​I was playing with my pets in CQ and ran into Ignition Knights during an invasion data hack. During the battle I was killed which left my three UNACs against their one UNAC and human player. So their UNAC got killed by my UNACs and their human player was nowhere to be found.

​My UNACs bee lined for data posts and hacked them to win the game. I had seen this behavior once before but was unable to replicate the results and ultimately assumed it was a fluke. Until I saw this again.

​I checked the Op file and the Human was sitting in a map corner. I checked the UNACs just to be certain, none of them are programmed to attack subtargets at all and they all have a detection range of 600m at the most. I know as a sortie member I could not have told them to attack the data posts.

​Has anyone seen actions like this with their own UNACs? Do we have a clue which is causing it? I would appreciate any insight, it seems like there are certain protocols in place which are active even without chips in place, but I have nothing besides my own experiences to prove it. (well that and an OP file)

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#2 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:10 PM

THEYRE LEARNING

Close the door, put out the light.

#3 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationFinland (Crow's nest)
  • AC Type:
    LBP, HRJ, Light Quad, CQC.
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

Hm. I remember seeing UNACs hacking posts, until the last remaining enemy player went into their detection cone to get their attention again.

Then he camped in a corner that was blocked off by a single shipwreck, but because the UNACs weren't programmed to get close enough, they just kept hopping sideways on the other side.

For 7 minutes.

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#4 IAmBecomeZanite

IAmBecomeZanite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationAn Unknown Dimension
  • AC Type:
    Anything I can get my mitts on.
  • LIVE Tag:
    IAmBecomeZanite

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

"Operation failure. Downloading new algorithm..." 

http://jacquessawa.blogspot.com/

http://armoredcoreuniverse.net/forum/index.php?/blog/31-siren-song/

----------------------------

Operator of Zeon Elite's Obliterators and Pilot of the AC's OBLx <<Annihilator>> and Seraphim.

#5 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

Hm. I remember seeing UNACs hacking posts, until the last remaining enemy player went into their detection cone to get their attention again.

Then he camped in a corner that was blocked off by a single shipwreck, but because the UNACs weren't programmed to get close enough, they just kept hopping sideways on the other side.

For 7 minutes.

I have seen this a number of times. Its very frustrating tbh. Its also the reason that the only UNACs I will keep at mid range nowadays are quads.

​The only difference here is that the UNACs were pursing the player. Once they lost him (outside the detection range) they went straight for the data posts. These UNACs are only supposed to attack other ACs, they literally have no other target chips. Ultimately I think that UNACs will go after things like data posts even without being programmed to do so. Similar to how the UNACs attack boxes even without the programming to do so unless you make a null operation.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq