• 96 posts
  • LocationAn Unknown Dimension
  • AC Type:
    Various LRJ and LBP builds
  • LIVE Tag:
    IAmBecomeZanite

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:55 AM

I NEED A SINON EMBLEM SO BAD!

Okay, so I made a Sinon-based AC(Sinon, the girl from SAO II? If you don't know her, shame on you.) and now I need an emblem. I've seen 'em around, can somebody trade me one? Please??

I am become Zanite, destroyer of ACs.

#2 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationFinland (Crow's nest)
  • AC Type:
    LBP, HRJ, Light Quad, CQC.
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:25 AM

Why not just make one yourself? Tbh, if you need one so bad, going through the trouble of making one should be well worth it.

And think of this, doing it yourself will give it a little bit of originality, rather than being some emblem that's passed down to every and single player on the server. To me, that's pretty much the same as using a preset emblem.

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#3 IAmBecomeZanite

IAmBecomeZanite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • AC Type:
  • LIVE Tag:
    IAmBecomeZanite

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:17 AM

I'm utter trash at making emblems. :(

Any tips or source pictures I can make use of?

And no vids please, this computer sucks :)

I am become Zanite, destroyer of ACs.

#4 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationFinland (Crow's nest)
  • AC Type:
    LBP, HRJ, Light Quad, CQC.
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:58 AM

If you want to use an existing picture of the character (Drawn illust by an artist), it'll make it all the more easier as long as you don't pick something that's 'impossible' (Too many details that you possibly cannot recreate with the emblem creator, for example, trying to copy a certain art style, too many objects/too much in the image, etc.), as you can, if you have the needed tools, simply print a cropped version of the drawing (I prefer black-white, saves ink and is probably easier to see through) that fits the emblem square on your TV monitor, then tightly tape it on with tape that's not too strong (You'll have to take it off at some point)

Raise TV's brightness high enough so that you can see behind the piece of paper taped on.

Now that you should have a 'model' on your screen, I usually proceed from the bottom layer 128 moving towards 1, from the most back/behind of the image/character. This is often the back hair of the character, following the neck, head, mouth, nose, eyes, eyelids, hair, eyebrows. 

You should also have the original image in color nearby so that you can compare your emblem to it's original counterpart, to adjust colors and piece positioning as needed. 

Overall, the progress might sound a bit overwhelming or seem complicated at first, but it's fairly simple in the end. The only problem you'll probably end up with is having to use a type of creativity, as I bet 100% that your image is going to have at least one shape that isn't normally present in the decals list, so you'll have to get creative. For example, I used a dragonfly to do an eyebrow for a character. See?

Here's an example of one I've made. Original by Shimada, in the link provided.

https://danbooru.don...s/posts/1301542

Attached Files

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#5 IAmBecomeZanite

IAmBecomeZanite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • AC Type: