• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationAn Unknown Dimension
  • AC Type:
    Various LRJ and LBP builds
  • LIVE Tag:
    IAmBecomeZanite

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:15 AM

It's got like no defense and it's bleh internals too.

I am become Zanite, destroyer of ACs.

#3 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland (Crow's nest)
  • AC Type:
    LBP, HRJ, Light Quad, CQC.
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:11 AM

You should try using that core if you ever play against Hayabusa Kid. That way you'll be 99% less meta.

On another note, it has high AP, doesn't it.

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#4 IAmBecomeZanite

IAmBecomeZanite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • AC Type:
  • LIVE Tag:
    IAmBecomeZanite

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:17 AM

Yeah but it's uber heavy and cuts your defense, and for what? A 5k AP boost that's just gonna get torn to shreds?

And I know Hayabusa Kid. ARMINUS RETRAS or something like that. He got pissy at me after my UNACS kicked his ass

#5 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

Yeah, don't worry about that.

Well, like a bunch of other parts in game, Fromsoft forgot or didn't think right when balancing parts, obviously.

Then again, devs usually have a different mindset from the actual gamers.

There's two sides to this, kinda, the people who develop the products and there's consumers. See where I'm going?

Now sure, they did a bunch of patching for the game but from what I understand, with the servers' already split state (JP, INT), they only listened to the server which actually had activity on it, JP. Now people on the JP kept making demands and requests and said 'this is op, pls nerf, this is bad, buff pls'

And from what I've gathered, this all happened during a period of around half a year? So they kept adjusting the game left and right until they probably went, 'okay fuck this' and left it as is.

So basically, while that probably doesn't have much to do with the core, there's a bunch of parts that people don't use because of how the meta game is.

Nobody wants a TE core with high AP because there is no advantage from that. The AP's going to get shred, like you said, and it weights too much on most frames.

But like so, nobody uses more than 1-2 rifles but even those are really rare. About three gatling guns are useful, three battle rifles, 

hell, there's a bunch of shotguns in the game but NOBODY ever uses but one, why? Most other shotguns rely on armor break, but the thing with that is that it requires the opponent to have low enough KE to begin with, but with people stacking for 1600-1870KE benchmarks, it's not really a good damage source.

Nobody uses target guns because people can quickly enter and exit scan mode and blue locking is a thing.

Nobody uses jammers because they're just shit. Except for maybe recon jammers, they can be distracting and make people nervous when you have a pile or a kumo with you. 

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#6 IAmBecomeZanite

IAmBecomeZanite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • AC Type:
  • LIVE Tag:
    IAmBecomeZanite

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

Gonna get so much hate for this but what's the purpose of tanks? I mean, they have good armor and they can use FPW as normal weapons, but they're slow and uber susceptible to sniping and melee attacks. 1v1s, yes, I can see how they would be good, but in a 4v4 match, they're so slow and bulky that mobile AC's can run circles around 'em.

#7 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:57 AM

I think you kinda have it the wrong way around. 

1-on-1, a tank can get cut out by long range attacks or melee, assuming that the tank user doesn't know how to close the gap, or how to kick. Tanks have the scariest kick in the game, for which reason I usually play very carefully around tanks.

As for a 4-on-4 scenario, you simply do not go to the opposing team if they have a tank and your team can't outgun them. Tanks literally tear shit up, in a matter of seconds in cases where proper defense numbers aren't met. 

This can go reverse, too. Having a tank with laser cannons for example is a way to force your opposing team into hiding - I got to experience this myself when we were left nearly defenseless on an open-ish map against a LCT and his teammates. Or, it'll get rushed. Who knows.

What tanks lack in maneuverability, they make up for that in damage and toughness. If you can get behind a tank, then, yeah, you're all good. But if you can't, you're all kinds of screwed.

I dunno, maybe you should look up some JP gameplay with tanks involved to get a better picture.

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#8 IAmBecomeZanite

IAmBecomeZanite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • AC Type:
  • LIVE Tag:
    IAmBecomeZanite

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

Meh. I guess it's cause I prefer lights that tanks just seem kinda... meh. Either that or I suck at tanks. Probably both.

But certain weapons blow right through the tank's defenses, and you can barely avoid the slowest-moving projectile.

#9 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:01 PM

I like tanks. Tanks are great and wonderful. Tanks require thought and effort. I mained tanks all of ACV and they are still my favorite leg type in VD.

​Tanks also depend greatly on the player. In a 4 v 4 where you have allies that can tell snipers and melee bots to GTFO a tank can put in serious work with their raw DPS and defenses. If you have two skilled tankers working together and covering for each other it can be very difficult to crack the opposing team without losing multiple members in the process. Tanks are also wonderful carriers of Subcomputers which encourages teammates to stick close and gives them instant lock cannons.  

​The reason you don't see more tanks, particularly on JP, are Rabi kumo bots, the very heavy poke based metagame and sadly, permaglide.

To put it simply a Rabi kumo bot will beat a tank even if the tank has an ally attempting to help it, unless you get really lucky with a kick, run a pulse cannon or mathuras, or the Rabi user has no idea what they are doing. Honestly, if you are a tank and you keep the opposing teams' melee user occupied for a couple minutes you have done your job.

​The other reason is the shift towards a very long range metagame. Its not uncommon to find teams with 3-4 Sawa and/or sniper builds. This takes away one of the tank's best tools. High DPS. The tank ends up running laser cannons or sniper cannons which in turn leaves it more vulnerable to close range attackers or builds with greater mobility (read just about anything with permaglide). That being said, LCTs or SCTs can really put in a lot of work if the user knows what they are doing, and they will win out fire trades against poke builds with the same damage type. (This isn't taking shields into account but I really don't want to get into semantics)

​Finally permaglide, which is by far the easiest of the above list to deal with, gives any build the mobility to literally glide around the tank in a circle forever. In ACV a tank could very heavily punish a genbust (to the point where it was game over) but in VD all the opponent has to do is stay in scan mode and keep glideboosting until they escape effective range. The tank will run out of EN 1st since it is the only build which cannot use permaglide.

​However, don't let any of the above things I've mentioned discourage you from using tanks. You still have the best armor and DPS in the game (by far) and you can adapt to whatever your team needs by running different cannon types. On top of that learn your boost charge: if you hit something with it, its a free kill and you have the largest kick hitbox in the game.

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#10 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

One thing which might be worth noting, while tanks can't boost drive off of walls, they can, in fact, climb pretty high up.

A good tank player can quickly climb the 'Eiffel' tower on that city map, even all the way to the top.

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#11 IAmBecomeZanite

IAmBecomeZanite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • AC Type:
  • LIVE Tag:
    IAmBecomeZanite

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

Played a freebattle a while ago witl like 8 other players in which a licktank floated up to the top of the Eiffel, right at the boundary limit. Everyone else that tried to get up there got kicked or went out of bounds. Until I piled it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq