• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • AC Type:
    Mid Quadruped
  • PSNID:
    Griffon_ACG

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:57 PM

Nintendo has just announced at E3 2018, a new customizable mecha game by Marvelous Entertainment coming to the Switch. But here's the kicker:
It's produced by Kenichiro Tsukuda, who produced Armored Core 2 through Nexus, you know, the good ones. Also on board is classic AC designer Shoji Kawamori. This game is essentially AC6 in everything but name.

They showed off a little bit of early gameplay as well. So we've got a customizable pilot, and a hangar bay that displays weapons in your inventory (Looking at 3:25 you can see what it almost certainly this games KARASAWA). You can pick up weapons and parts from fallen enemies, as well as environmental items like cars and structural supports to use as improvised weapons. I believe you can keep enemy weapons and parts, but I doubt you'll be able to hang on to a broken I-beam after the mission. Admittedly some of the animations look a little unpolished, but hopefully they're still working on that. 

This could only be a good thing. The way I see it, we know nothing about AC6 yet but the past few games have been disappointing to many of us. If AC6 ends up being another disappointment, there's now a really good-looking fallback game. Or, FROM may now take notice that they've got competition in that field, and work extra hard to make AC6 the best goddamn AC game ever.

Posted Image
Armored Core has changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq