• 806 posts
  • AC Type:
    Anything on two legs
  • PSNID:
    obliviondoll
  • SkypeID:
    obliviondoll

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

Handheld Missles weapons, whats the use of subcomputer missile lock enchancement when you can't enhance your own missile lock on? (I know you can enchance your team mate but that just look silly in some way)

The subcomp with the best missile computation bonus in ACV was also the one with the best effect radius, so it was actually viable to stay kind of close to a missile boat and give them a buff with a support AC.

I have yet to properly rebuild it for Verdict Day, but I had an ACV support AC that was all jammers, subcomps and a target gun.
--V^^^V--
I want my meals to think for myself
-----
Posted Image <= Click me

#42 Ibram Gaunt

Ibram Gaunt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • AC Type:
    Medium Bipod
  • PSNID:
    Coldstone10

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

Well, the fact still remains that with the lack of other missile options, it is kind of sad that you can only buff your teammates with these Sub Comps. At least on Missile option to use them together with would have been nice. But since the Weapon arms can't have a shoulder slot... (Maybe they would be more used if it where so).
Welcome to training cadet. I like to think of this lovely place as my home.
Well you wouldn't even think of upsetting me in my home, would you?
Of course you wouldn't.
So do what I say, when I say and I won't get upset.
I'll do bad things when I'm upset.

#43 A Kool Poptart

A Kool Poptart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationApartment
  • AC Type:
    LRJ w/ sniper cannon
  • LIVE Tag:
    A Kool Pop Tart

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

To: Ibram
RE: MW4:M

I'll give it a try this weekend. It could also be something with my firewall.

#44 Maker

Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LIVE Tag:
    Maker L106

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

Old school aesthetics. I hate looking at these new AC's unless their Tanks, Fattys or LWRJ's everything else makes my eyes bleed.

Non cluttered battlefield, no metal flying from my mech when stunned as if not being able to move wasn't cue enough with the big "stagger" on screen.

An E bar I don't often confuse with my AP. Please just let me see the numbers in combat mode in a corner somewhere. PLEASE!

Part type variety: I don't mean nine of the same thing that function sort of similar. I mean things within their own categories that have various reasons to equip them. Citing the Mini Sawa from Nexus - Last Raven. Thing was obnoxiously blinding with purple explosions. Reverse firing vulcan from AA. Insane little things like this would be nice to see again.

Clean visuals, its fine for the world to look dirty or destroyed and I don't mind debris allover the place as long as they aren't obstructing my AC.

Center me on the damn screen and adjust the camera so I don't get that off center look when im turning / moving / etc: It was okay in 4 and FA because lolz full screen FCS. Here its just obnoxious and makes discerning my movement that much more of a chore.

All small stuff really.
So old I've been described as Antiquity.

#45 Ibram Gaunt

Ibram Gaunt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • AC Type:
    Medium Bipod
  • PSNID:
    Coldstone10

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

A thing that came up today in a discussion with my team leader: I would take the different damage types away.

Why? Simple: You have to reach certain Armor Values to block out some weapons. That means you are forced to use almost the same parts on anything with few exceptions, so in the end Builds are redundant and vary only in weapon loadouts. To get more variety part wise, the Damage types have to go in my opinion.

Aesthetics are also a factor. These shields on Bipod legs are a nightmare to my aesthetic senses.
Of course you wouldn't.

#46 shamarskii

shamarskii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMalton (town between mississauga and Brampton... literally), Ontario, Canada
  • AC Type:
    Medium-short range, Middleweight Bipedal
  • PSNID:
    shamarskii

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

One thing I would return to AC is it's difficulty and "slow" ACs. Longer more complex missions too. Now missions are 2-5 min and you aren't stressing about ammo and AP. Heat should also return also.

Oh and sexier looking ones IMHO. ACV gen ACs are just stubby and unattractive mostly (just saying, I used to build for looks... Gotta kill them AC/MT while looking fly yknow ;) )

In conclusion! Late 3rd gen AC is the thing that should return, with all these new improvements (boost drive for one) added. Don't you agree ^_^!

P.S. And charge time... Hate when people just abuse energy... Takes it back to the skill kind of feel rather than finger speed.

#47 Lord Deguass

Lord Deguass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • AC Type:
    Medium Bipedal
  • LIVE Tag:
    Lord Deguass

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

Varying core types, as opposed to giving everything OB / Glide Boost, allows for greater variety and I miss Exceed Orbit cores to death.

Also, parts tuning. Loved it in all of it's incarnations.

#48 dikhed7

dikhed7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • PSNID:
    dikhed7

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

Slug guns...

Was gonna respond to Disso's post, but he's edited it so nvm

#49 Nanabosho

Nanabosho

I Mod This Place

• Moderators
  • 493 posts
  • AC Type:
    Mid-Biped Karasawa Poke

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Slug guns...

OMG i miss those

and charge timer for emptying your generator would definitely balanced out stuff...but it would break the output gen
"True warriors do not follow paths, they make them. It is not just their desire, it is their nature."

ACL website technician

"The Irrational Moderator"

"Fun Fact: It takes 165019 energy to charge my weapon...let that sink in for a minute."

#50 sonicbrkr

sonicbrkr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • AC Type:
    Light-Specialized
  • PSNID:
    S-Breaker

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

Slug guns...

Flame throwers
Grenade Launchers (oh grenade launchers!)
Plasma that actually makes sense
Missiles mixed with extensions to form a multi-type missile barrage
OB jousting
Finger

As for things to add ... Imagine a shield mechanic where it uses your energy to maintain it. Old energy shields that drain energy, but they also have AP. Once you can't manage the energy drain the shield shuts off and takes AP damage.

or

Basically use energy as a buffer where you don't take damage from the front unless your shield is off. shield has no AP, but rather it protects you until it shuts off. Obviously in both instances damage would consume your energy faster, so the harder the hit the more energy you lose. Good against KE moderate against CE and terrible against TE, that is the effectiveness of it's blocking.

Edit: These are arm units I'm talking about, like old AC2/3 energy shields. Not PA, though functioning in a similar manner.
"Hi Sonic"

#51 Ohnoeszz

Ohnoeszz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • AC Type:
    airthing
  • PSNID:
    Ohnoeszz

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

An E bar I don't often confuse with my AP. Please just let me see the numbers in combat mode in a corner somewhere. PLEASE!

Yea, I'd like to customize the cockpit for each AC actually. I think it'd help give them different feels.

Longer more complex missions too. Now missions are 2-5 min and you aren't stressing about ammo and AP.

YES. The missions in VD were really poorly done.
ACVD USER GUIDE
It's a compilation of ACVD information.

#52 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

I really don't think that LRJs need the Finger unit...
Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#53 Ibram Gaunt

Ibram Gaunt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • AC Type:
    Medium Bipod
  • PSNID:
    Coldstone10

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

Don't forget that both, V and Verdict day were solely designed with Multiplayer in mind, so the Weak story mode is understandable. Yes, I miss the long and complex missions from 2 and 3 alsi, were your AMMO actually could be used up and such. Well if there is an AC for 4th Gen Consoles maybe this will be fixed. (Actually though, I don't really believe there will be one for PS 4, at least not in the western lands).
Of course you wouldn't.

#54 Maker

Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LIVE Tag:
    Maker L106

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

Don't forget that both, V and Verdict day were solely designed with Multiplayer in mind, so the Weak story mode is understandable. Yes, I miss the long and complex missions from 2 and 3 alsi, were your AMMO actually could be used up and such. Well if there is an AC for 4th Gen Consoles maybe this will be fixed. (Actually though, I don't really believe there will be one for PS 4, at least not in the western lands).

That depends on the community. Ninebreaker wasn't supposed to be released to N/A either but back when everyone basically screamed as loud as possible and From followed through on getting it here. I doubt they'll alienate their audiences despite the locale.
So old I've been described as Antiquity.

#55 Black_Rose

Black_Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • AC Type:
    Kumo LWs
  • PSNID:
    w2427_

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Take off lock on for blades.

Make applicable parts for esthetics (FA Stabilizers kind of deal)

Add a cool sounding OP voice for scan mode

More patterns (been dying for a Cherry Blossom pattern)

More Phys, Blade variations

more to come later :l
Posted Image

you're not mad at me are you?

#56 LionelTeo

LionelTeo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • AC Type:
    Triple Legs Type
  • PSNID:
    NKuroki

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

I would like to see more types bomb dispenser, and a buff in capability to stagger or deal damage. Can have a bomb dispenser that can really hurt but with limited ammo for tactical dispensing. Different damage type, TE and CE. Can help in maps with narrow corridors.
I had stopped playing this game!

#57 Croodle

Croodle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • AC Type:
    Light Biped, Mid Biped, LRJ
  • PSNID:
    vultwaz

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

I would like to see more types bomb dispenser, and a buff in capability to stagger or deal damage. Can have a bomb dispenser that can really hurt but with limited ammo for tactical dispensing. Different damage type, TE and CE. Can help in maps with narrow corridors.

For whatever reason, I always associated the term "bomb dispenser" with "landmine".
On that note, seeing land mines in AC would be nice, but only if it's ground-based like V was.

#58 LionelTeo

LionelTeo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • AC Type:
    Triple Legs Type
  • PSNID:
    NKuroki

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

i am thinking of dumping them all on some corridors map at the moment, I am not sure how well it will works, but sounds like something interesting to try.
I had stopped playing this game!

#59 A Kool Poptart

A Kool Poptart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationApartment
  • AC Type:
    LRJ w/ sniper cannon
  • LIVE Tag:
    A Kool Pop Tart

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

Longer more complex missions too. Now missions are 2-5 min and you aren't stressing about ammo and AP.

YES. The missions in VD were really poorly done.

Like THIS?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSZ2pImUdmM

or THIS?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m7tj9CNRig

#60 Ibram Gaunt

Ibram Gaunt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • AC Type:
    Medium Bipod
  • PSNID:
    Coldstone10

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

Nice. Especially the Mech choice in the second one. I really love the Stone Rhino. Railgun and Double Large Pulse Lasers.
Of course you wouldn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq