• LocationIowa
  • AC Type:
    whatever
  • PSNID:
    topnotchpilot95
  • SkypeID:
    XanderGreywofl95

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:39 PM

What makes AMD and ATi equal to their Intel and Nvidia mainstream counterparts?

Fear is a disease for which there is no cure.

#2 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
    Four legged crab monsters
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

generally, I go for ATI if I want to display larger resolutions/multiple monitors, but Nvidia makes running Physx much better.

Basically, you either chose to have easy multiple monitors, or easy Physx (Physx can run on ATI, it's just slower than on an Nvidia card).

In my opinion, they are both equal, the deciding factor should be what you want, prettier graphics, or more monitors/resolution

Defeat is just temporary. I will return, and I will beat you eventually!

#3 Xander95

Xander95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationIowa
  • AC Type:
    whatever
  • PSNID:
    topnotchpilot95
  • SkypeID:
    XanderGreywofl95

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

so what ur saying is ATi has better graphics? and Nvidia is better on multiple monitors and resolution? okay. now i know what i want to put in a future comp. im planning on building a tower that uses AMD and a graphics card that can handle my kind of gaming. what ATi graphics card would u recommend for serious gaming? also, i heard ATi makes alot of heat so would it be a good idea just to be safe to install a liquid cooling system?

#4 error

error

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Locationerror
  • AC Type:
    error error error error error
  • PSNID:
  • LIVE Tag:
  • SkypeID:
    error error error

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

Each company makes multiple processors. There's nothing as simple and as black and white a saying 'x does so-and-so better than y' etc.

#5 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

so what ur saying is ATi has better graphics? and Nvidia is better on multiple monitors and resolution? okay. now i know what i want to put in a future comp. im planning on building a tower that uses AMD and a graphics card that can handle my kind of gaming. what ATi graphics card would u recommend for serious gaming? also, i heard ATi makes alot of heat so would it be a good idea just to be safe to install a liquid cooling system?

You got it backwards, ATI/AMD are for high res and multiple monitors, while Nvidia has better graphics and physx integration.

I used to have a Radeon 6990, but it melted and I'm now using a radeon 6950. It's high end and gets the job done in most cases.

When buying a card, go for quality. If you go high end, the card will last longer for you before it needs replacement. (I'm running BF4 On max settings with a reasonable fps on my 6950. Won't replace it for a while and I've been using it for a few years now).

Nvidia cards have a habit of overheating if you overclock them. If you don't plan on overclocking, don't worry about brand.

Liquid cooling is a good idea, but you can get a reasonable ammount of cooling with fans (liquid is still preferable).

Just read about which cards are used for what, and make a choice based on need. Also, don't become a part of the "nvidia is better than amd" argument. They both have pros and cons.

#6 Jax_Endsleigh

Jax_Endsleigh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationFairhope, AL
  • AC Type:
    HevRev
  • LIVE Tag:
    JaxEndsleigh

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

-shrugs- ^

I have a 7970Ghz and it clocked higher and performed better than Nvidia chips out at the time... Since AMD took over ATI their GPUs have started to increase in quality and performance rapidly while their CPU field seems to be slowing... although supposedly a new chip is supposed to be released sometime soon? Dunno.

Running an all AMD system simply because it was cheaper than Intel by 300 dollars for the same level of performance(ignoring the last page).

#7 Xander95

Xander95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationIowa
  • AC Type:
    whatever
  • PSNID:
    topnotchpilot95
  • SkypeID:
    XanderGreywofl95

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

You got it backwards, ATI/AMD are for high res and multiple monitors, while Nvidia has better graphics and physx integration.

I used to have a Radeon 6990, but it melted and I'm now using a radeon 6950. It's high end and gets the job done in most cases.

When buying a card, go for quality. If you go high end, the card will last longer for you before it needs replacement. (I'm running BF4 On max settings with a reasonable fps on my 6950. Won't replace it for a while and I've been using it for a few years now).

Nvidia cards have a habit of overheating if you overclock them. If you don't plan on overclocking, don't worry about brand.

Liquid cooling is a good idea, but you can get a reasonable ammount of cooling with fans (liquid is still preferable).

Just read about which cards are used for what, and make a choice based on need. Also, don't become a part of the "nvidia is better than amd" argument. They both have pros and cons.

its true. they both do have their pros and cons as does other things. can i rely on u if and when i build a new computer?

#8 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

Ask me questions, but don't rely on me

#9 Xander95

Xander95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationIowa
  • AC Type:
    whatever
  • PSNID:
    topnotchpilot95
  • SkypeID:
    XanderGreywofl95

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

Ask me questions, but don't rely on me

okay.

#10 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Don't hesitate to ask about anything though! If you want to know anything I'll be happy to answer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq