Photo

Battle Reports - So What's Happening On The AC Battlefield?

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#1 phantom fox blue

phantom fox blue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • AC Type:
    Reverse Joint Variations
  • PSNID:
    Phantom_Fox_Blue

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:34 AM

It's great to read all your build suggestions and preferences on here, but don't hear much about the results and happenings in the blaze of mech firefights. I wondered how you guys are getting on out there in that distopian battleground and what hilarous, shameful, honourable, tense battles you've had. We've all had them moments at some point. Sometimes when the heat is on and you're the last surviving member of a team against another last surviving member of a team, you know the pressure is on.

This happened to me today, both myself and this guy were the last of each team and this surviving enemy had just taken out 2 of the team I was with. Both of us highly agile speeding around trying to laser blade each other as he had obviously ran out of ammunition, damn near impossible to laser blade with such speed going on. 2mins of this and I notice I still have 12 rounds in my sniper rifle that got purged ages ago onto my bay. Doh! So first shot locked and hit clean, he wasn't expecting that as I'd just spent 2 mins trying to laser blade him. 2nd shot hit. His ap down to 12, 000odd. Now he's realised the situation and he's boosting and flying around closing the gap, I'm boosting to get height and distance but he's persistent. He swings his blade again, it misses, I'm back boosting now and my energy warning is bleeping away. Sniper rifle close range isn't working. Next strike in mid air and I'm hitting the ground in a blaze of fire. 2mins of laser blading wasted when I could have sniped him. Pressure makes you do stupid and forgetful things. Probably had my team screaming at their tvs "USE THE SNIPER RIFLE!!"

They were a good enemy team too who had defeated us from an earlier battle. The leader being especially good. Tough lesson.

What memorable battles have you guys had that have been satisfying, pitiful, embarrassing, surviving with 1AP etc..

#2 B1gB4ddy

B1gB4ddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • AC Type:
    Four legged crab monsters
  • PSNID:
    B1gB4ddy
  • LIVE Tag:
    B1g B4ddy

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:29 AM

A few weeks ago, I was merc-ing for a team and we came across a team of 4 UNACS and their operator. When the match started, the unacs were all hiding behind a building, waiting for us.

I pinged my team mates for them to retreat because I noticed the UNACS, and we ended up waiting for them to make a move. They eventually came after us, and we began fighting. My AC was a high mobility tetrapod sniper, se I had to hang back in order to be effective. My team mates all died, and we only took out 1 UNAC.

I still had a lot of AP, but I knew that I'd be dead if theey got close to me. The UNACs kept on trying to surround me, and I kept on running. I began leading them on a merry chase around the map, darting behind cover to break locks and taking pop shots at them. After a long while, I took out two of the three UNACs.

The last one was a tank. I didn't get close to him, but stayed away and kept firing until my snipers were empty. Once they were purged, I began using my laser rifle. I didn't manage to take him down, but I did make our team victorious :)

Defeat is just temporary. I will return, and I will beat you eventually!

#3 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

I made three UNAC heavy tanks and used a heavy tank myself in CQ. Flattened all the guners on a team only to have the whole squad wiped out by recon jammers + HEAT piler with 87 AP left. Oh well.
Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#4 Not-Hunter

Not-Hunter

Srash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    HRJ/L Tank/L MBP
  • PSNID:
    ShinyHunter7
  • LIVE Tag:
    Shinyhunter7 (Current)
  • SkypeID:
    not.hunter

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

You should see when people would be posting merc stories, lol.

"Everyone wants furry sex if it's with glaceon"

-Py687

Twitter: @Shinyhunter7
{C}https://twitter.com/Shinyhunter7

#5 LionelTeo

LionelTeo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • AC Type:
    Triple Legs Type
  • PSNID:
    NKuroki

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

I remember once in battle royale, I was running a low ammo build with 10 sawa and 2x 5 mifeng. And shione was running some weird sniper build that had low ammo as well. So what happen is that I had left two shots of sawa left after everyone else died, which are just nice to kill him off. I was praying that it don't miss, but end up one hit and the other misses, and he had like 4k ap while I had 9k; I thought it was GG for me since his a LW and it would difficult to pile it, the funny thing is that he had run out of ammo as well, end up I miss all my piles and both LBP was spending the rest of the game trying to kick each other to death. Well it didn't work and the game timer ended.

If you play PS3 CQ INT, you would had heard a team name EVERGREENFAMILY, once anark invited him to war council as a courtesy to gather players of the same interest. He responded "I TALK TO EGF ONLY". Ga Yeong decided to troll him asking him how did EGF help in keeping the world green, and he said something like "because we keep dying and thus we decompose and help the earth"
I had stopped playing this game!

#6 Nanabosho

Nanabosho

I Mod This Place

• Moderators
  • 493 posts
  • AC Type:
    Mid-Biped Karasawa Poke

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

I had a really good merc run about three weeks back one match being particularly interesting. This was on the train map.

On my side there was a blader, a heavy with shield, and a light quad sniper, on the other side there was an amped pulse cannon tank, a howi tank, a sniper cannon quad, and a mid weight (i think a meavy).

Ok so here i am spawned all the way back cause they decided to put me there i guess and the blader goes to rush out...hearing explosions and seeing the message, we had to play defensively till the howi tank was down, only issue was the other tank with pulse cannon had already came down the other tunnel therefore boxing my teammates in leaving me with the meavy and the quad. I ran up to the quad and got a really nasty kick before he could pop outta ready position so he ran away temporarly so i decided to go put down the meavy with my heat howi (it was a good thing i had a ce shield or his brs wouldve me up). The howi tank was down to half and the pulse cannon was limping away with 10kish ap but with my teammates dead. We played cat and mouse (guess who the mouse was) till i managed to kill off the pulse cannons but sitting at 10k myself from taking howis. I steered back out of the tunnels and waited for both to come finish me when suddenly the cannons went off (apparently the quad shot his m by accident killing him). The quad came rushing down with gats and we both started the poking game with 2 minutes remaining Im down to just my sawa and my sniper with i think 5-6 rounds in each. The quad had then rushed in with blades and with my instinctive o shit reflexes i managed to stun him with the sawa and proceeded to give the last finishing kick...
"True warriors do not follow paths, they make them. It is not just their desire, it is their nature."

ACL website technician

"The Irrational Moderator"

"Fun Fact: It takes 165019 energy to charge my weapon...let that sink in for a minute."

#7 LionelTeo

LionelTeo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • AC Type:
    Triple Legs Type
  • PSNID:
    NKuroki

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

So this is my first game in two weeks.

Someone hired me for a special sortie. The bar loaded fully and we got a LIV.

So I loaded my LIV dual rifle set up with 1340 KE damage and reserve mags, with fcs 350 long range.

end up it turn out to be a normal standard match instead. I got nth available to fight them.

So I tried my best to poke them from far. And whoever is my opponent is nasty, trying to sawa me as much as possible.

End up, the result is funny, our team won and I had 20k plus AP left, even plink someone to death.

I pretty shit out of my pants though.
I had stopped playing this game!

#8 Scruffy

Scruffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • AC Type:
    mobility
  • PSNID:
    Scruffy2

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

i was on the other day, and my team ( consisting of myself, a teamate, unac and merc ) ended up going against 4 man team.

i was loaded as quad sniper, with large missles, and the 2 lightweight Gatling guns.
the ENTIRE other team was using the AS missle arm units, on light weight ACs, they closed in fast, so my Sniper cannon was useless, and i ended up wasting my missles ( there was a lot of cover, the enemy team made good use of it ).

they missiled my teamate, his unac and the merc to death, and i ran out of ammo. all four came after me, so i switched to scan mode, and dodged, because there was nothing else i could do.

i managed to run them out of ammo, all four of them. as soon as i realized what i'd accomplished, i kept trying to boost charge them. the four of them did end up taking me down, but i made them waste all of their ammo, and a good 6 minutes trying to kill me.

it wasnt a victory, but it was a good laugh.

#9 obliviondoll

obliviondoll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • AC Type:
    Anything on two legs
  • PSNID:
    obliviondoll
  • SkypeID:
    obliviondoll

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

Merc Registration.

Story: Mission 10 "Mechanised Memories"

Switch to anti-Glint AC, employer instadies on the first Assault Armour, and I solo the mission.

Merc Registration *FORGETTING TO SWITCH TO A PROPER AC WITH NON-KE WEAPONS*

Normal Sortie: AC Destruction mission. *STILL FORGETTING TO SWITCH TO A PROPER AC WITH NON-KE WEAPONS*

Client + 3 Mercs on my side, with the enemy consisting of a player and 3 UNACs. Teammates fall one after another. The UNACs all gang up on one guy while the player piles the other two who aren't me. The player AC is equipped with 4 Mifengs on an ultra-lightweight AC.

I kill one UNAC with help from the teammate being shot by all of them, then finish off one the other two guys damaged, then manage to wear down the remaining UNAC - a 40k AP HBP to about 7000 AP and the piler down to less than 2000 before he finally lands a hit with his Mifeng and removes my remaining 12k AP.

If I'd kept my evasion up just a little better, I might have got him before he took me down. Not quite good enough though. maybe I should have checked my build before going into battle...
--V^^^V--
I want my meals to think for myself
-----
Posted Image <= Click me

#10 obliviondoll

obliviondoll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • AC Type:
    Anything on two legs
  • PSNID:
    obliviondoll
  • SkypeID:
    obliviondoll

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

And fresh from the battlefield...

Got hired for normal Sorties along with 2 other mercs by a lone client in a team ranked F- and stuck with a series of wins long enough to lift him into E rank. I would have been with my own team, but I was stuck in a glitch lobby on my own while they were having fun, so I merced it up for a while instead.

Mostly straight AC battles with a handful of Hacking missions (all hack missions were on defense side). Ran into a couple of well-known teams (mostly not the top ones though) and had a few close battles, but didn't take a single loss. I ended up PMing several members of several teams we fought, as well as the employer and the other mercs on the team, thanking everyone for some interesting and profitable battles :)
--V^^^V--
-----
Posted Image <= Click me

#11 Scruffy

Scruffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • AC Type:
    mobility
  • PSNID:
    Scruffy2

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

first mission out with new teammate, we encounter a SSS ranked team ( our own team rank being A- ). Our 4 vs their 4, my team leader gets a kill before dying , one of my teammates gets bladed, I manage to take out 2 before I get taken down, the New guy is alone in a 1 v 1 fight.

at this point he has 10k ap and low ammo, the other guy has 8k AP. could be anyones game...

the new guy starts firing at the enemy, and just as this climatic battle heats up....

my internet connection dies.

i had to wait 3 days to find out what happened, the suspense was painful lol.

#12 phantom fox blue

phantom fox blue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • AC Type:
    Reverse Joint Variations
  • PSNID:
    Phantom_Fox_Blue

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

Going into battle with mercs only to discover that one of the members of the enemy team is a certain obliviondoll!

Sniping from a distance i'm seeing the rival team slowly one by one going down under heavy fire, but there's a lightweight ac flying around that seemed to have avoided the fire fight. The lightweight is obliviondoll but he's now out of sight behind an obstacle? A few minutes and the rival team is down apart from lightweight obliviondoll who is still escaping the team's attacks. I try to get a hit with my snipers but he's quick.

4 vs 1 obliviondoll, we have nearly won. Suddenly after more chasing trying to put him down.. we get.. mission failed!?

Huh?

But we were 4 against 1.. I'm still active?

But then...

All posts hacked!

Aaarrgh no! obliviondoll has sneakily hacked all posts whilst the early firefight was in effect. I should have realised! :)

#13 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

Going into battle with mercs only to discover that one of the members of the enemy team is a certain obliviondoll!

Sniping from a distance i'm seeing the rival team slowly one by one going down under heavy fire, but there's a lightweight ac flying around that seemed to have avoided the fire fight. The lightweight is obliviondoll but he's now out of sight behind an obstacle? A few minutes and the rival team is down apart from lightweight obliviondoll who is still escaping the team's attacks. I try to get a hit with my snipers but he's quick.

4 vs 1 obliviondoll, we have nearly won. Suddenly after more chasing trying to put him down.. we get.. mission failed!?

Huh?

But we were 4 against 1.. I'm still active?

But then...

All posts hacked!

Aaarrgh no! obliviondoll has sneakily hacked all posts whilst the early firefight was in effect. I should have realised! :)

This always makes me facepalm when it happens. This is common when I use my tank UNAC squad. I have to make them sit on a data post or risk having all the targets hacked while we are too slow to chase them.
Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#14 phantom fox blue

phantom fox blue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • AC Type:
    Reverse Joint Variations
  • PSNID:
    Phantom_Fox_Blue

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

Diversionary tactics I believe rogan. It is sneaky.

Tonight has been a night of misery on acvd. One team member and 2 random mercs and it's been endless defeats with my team mate complaining of lag. Got owned by Sabbath twice and shredded in literally seconds by UU. Had a few mock battles with my team mate and it's like my weapons don't damage anymore! 3 defeats in mock battle and I feel like it's time to throw in the towl on acvd.

#15 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

^time for a new build^

this is less a story more an observation. Freebattles on PS3 INT have been completely overrun by physical bladers. Battle royales are a nightmare with packs of LBPs and LRJs running around like cracked out velociraptors. They target non-kumo users first, often working in pairs, tag teaming hard targets, one distracting while the other lines up a back stab. It gets really obnoxious, a lot of builds aren't remotely viable. Ive seen people rage quit, hate, hard counter and a few that get on the bandwagon just hoping to outlast the few brave gunners in the room. Fortunately light tanks grape them.

Close the door, put out the light.

#16 HustlerOne

HustlerOne

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • AC Type:
    Anythin cept howitzer tanks :( how u do it enders?
  • PSNID:
    Fighting_Street
  • LIVE Tag:
    other psn=Armoredcore9ball

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

^time for a new build^

this is less a story more an observation. Freebattles on PS3 INT have been completely overrun by physical bladers. Battle royales are a nightmare with packs of LBPs and LRJs running around like cracked out velociraptors. They target non-kumo users first, often working in pairs, tag teaming hard targets, one distracting while the other lines up a back stab. It gets really obnoxious, a lot of builds aren't remotely viable. Ive seen people rage quit, hate, hard counter and a few that get on the bandwagon just hoping to outlast the few brave gunners in the room. Fortunately light tanks grape them.

Seems like ima have to play INt for a bit and High speed missiles+cemg them on a broken lrj to bring back guns theres literally an inf amount of ways to cheese lw blades

#17 TheRelief

TheRelief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • AC Type:
    Super Robots
  • PSNID:
    TheRelief

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

^time for a new build^

Seems like ima have to play INt for a bit and High speed missiles+cemg them on a broken lrj to bring back guns theres literally an inf amount of ways to cheese lw blades

Don't forget about those stun dispensors and stun missile sentries sometimes you don't have to move much to watch others getting hyped for a free kill only to be stopped by marbles

#18 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

^time for a new build^

oh you're that guy… I watched a player with that exact setup get voted off the island in a room he was hosting by a few kumo users and a tank. Like three or four games straight every player in the room was aiming for the LRJ. Even the tank knew it was the right thing to do.

Close the door, put out the light.

#19 obliviondoll

obliviondoll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • AC Type:
    Anything on two legs
  • PSNID:
    obliviondoll
  • SkypeID:
    obliviondoll

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

Working for GAGORD (never heard of them before) against another team I didn't recognise.

We had the client, and 3 mercs, the enemy had 1 UNAC, 2 mercs and the client.

The enemy team advanced as a solid group, while our team also stuck together. In the time it took us all to kill the only numbered player on the enemy team and get their UNAC down to less than 5k AP, everyone else on my team died.

I then proceeded to finish the UNAC off, kill one of the remaining players, and get the last guy down to barely over 10k AP before I finally died.

I also ran out of missiles and had less than 30% ammo on both my remaining arm weapons.

Good fight.
--V^^^V--
-----
Posted Image <= Click me

#20 phantom fox blue

phantom fox blue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • AC Type:
    Reverse Joint Variations
  • PSNID:
    Phantom_Fox_Blue

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

Starting a game as a merc for a team sometime before christmas, system checks all complete, I take control of my ac and move forward in my mbp with the team. Suddenly, from around a corner comes a speeding rival ac using overboost and skims past my ac. I explode and crash. Yes, I lasted five seconds before being pile drived.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq