Photo

Battle Reports - So What's Happening On The AC Battlefield?

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#341 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

Tales from the International Server:
** Disclaimer: I am going to forgo my usual personal tact and include the names of players here, one because I legitimately hope one of those players will see this and respond and secondly because I am fairly certain that one of them is a dummy account

Some Backstory: 
Real life has been very busy and intruding upon my Video Game time (weekends) as a result I have not been able to scratch an AC itch which has been constantly growing. So against my better judgement I dug out my copy of of INT and booted it up. I got a few games which only made the itch worse. Next I did a run of ACV for giggles. Finally Today I went and made a couple Cos-play UNACs and took them straight into world mode without bothering to really test them well. (The cos-plays in question are RD and B2K) What Follows are the games I found, if I may call them that, after a several month break from INT 

Chapter One: Junsa and His Goonacs

These were the best series of games I got, there isn't much to tell here unfortunately. I had one game were I got facerolled by four tanks (I got kicked because I am bad) and another couple of games where B2K obliterated the four opposing tanks (seriously that thing...) and RD scored two UW kills in one game. (usually he just died) but the best part is that Junsa continued to play regardless of the battle outcomes. I was invigorated and thinking that maybe a couple days on INT wouldn't be so bad afterall. Its not JP but I'm having some fun. 

Boy was I wrong....

Chapter Two: The ADO[insert random numbers here] Booster

Welp, if you go and check the INT leaderboards you will probably see the ADO player(s) somewhere in the number one slot. I had the misfortune to encounter them in during my CQ runs. First game I don't even realize who I am playing, all I see is an Operator and four Maggies. "OK, no problem" My stupid tank which I should not have been using on Ft Dennis promptly gets stuck in the water. All four Maggies gang up on it and it goes slowly down. However in the time it takes the Maggies to kill it I have hacked two data posts and gotten behind the Maggie Swarm. Well, my remaining pets and I blindside the Maggies and quickly down one, (EZ money) maybe 3 or 4 seconds later we have one down to half AP and the opposing team disconnects. Its at this point that I look at the team I'm playing against and I see it the ADO boosting squad. They gotta have that top rank on the leaderboards and I am clearly some type of threat to that, given that I have played INT for the first time in Months and am running around with a bunch of cos-play bots. As expected of this caliber of player they disappear for about 45 minutes. I get another game in the meantime but we shall get to that one in a moment as I have a second encounter with the number one ranked team. Its a completely different map so I have no idea who it is until the game starts. Once again ADO-somethingorother has a squad but this time has brought 3 tanks and a quad. OK whatever, So I take the two data posts near me and start making my way towards the back of the map where I expect the ADO squad to hiding. There is a lone tank who is either braver or stupider than the rest and he charges my squad. (CRUSH THEM, WE EAT!!!) As I move in to attack the second tank who was coming to save his ally the disconnect occurs again. 

I can hardly contain my shock and disbelief. (if you can't figure it out this is sarcasm)

Chapter Three: CEO_Kaicus 

This is the saddest tale of all. During the first disappearance of ADO[insert witty pun] I ran across this player with his UNAC squad. Now, unlike a lot of other UNAC architects on the INT server CEO's UNACs show thought and effort and are unique, even if the set ups are not optimal. I keep track of players like this. Thus I think them cool and want to make friends with this player and compare UNAC notes. 

i get a game and CEO is running a tank frame which I tried for a while and three MWs which hit important defense numbers and have a very cool weapon set. Now the game itself goes something like this: I'm not paying attention and my tank UNAC gets kicked and dies a horrible death. I decided to try and kick the tank UNAC and ignore the three MWs which are swarming me and I die a horrible death. RD goes down in flames because he had no defense besides KE and my remaining UNAC gets swarmed by four opposing UNACs and dies a horrible death. After I get done giggling I want to send CEO_Kaicus a message but it seems he has me blocked? (I get a "you cannot message this player for some reason I don't remember" error) Which is very unfortunate because I would really like to see more of these UNACs and play CEO again. (Like seriously if you are reading this message me on PSN or here) but the player has taken their win and completely disappeared. 

I don't begrudge CEO the win, like I said I keep track of these players and I have watched his UNAC evolve from the bullet sponges they were to the ones I played today. But I don't understand the mentality of choosing to avoid playing the game. This is unfortunately a pattern (and not just with CEO here but a number of players) of hiding after a single game. Seriously, you won! Should you not be excited and want to carry on? 

I don't understand the INT mentality. 
*these games all happened over about three hours, maybe three and a half and were back to back. I didn't take a break because I am sick in bed and didn't really move from the couch so don't tell me you were fighting other people, besides myself and junsa there was nobody else on until he got off. (ADO does not count)

This is why I stopped playing on the international server. TwT I could have done without being reminded. 

This has been "Tales from INT"

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#342 DaFume

DaFume

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx
  • AC Type:
    no feet
  • PSNID:
    DaFume

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

yeah junsa is a trooper i was mercing  with some folk and we fought him like nine times in a row i think he won a couple and these wernt practice battles either. the  booster i dont know why they do it seems like a total waste of time the leaderboards just get reset anyway so who gives a whoot if you are number one

#343 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationFinland (Crow's nest)
  • AC Type:
    LBP, HRJ, Light Quad, CQC.
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:51 PM

No because VD is dead. If people don't enjoy playing someone, be it that they're just better or have a playstyle/build they hate they are using, they'll duck because unlike in other games, VD has you fight the same guy over and over which gets pretty bland after a while. 

Imagine if this was like Destiny 2, or the 'early days of JP' or whatever: You'd fight team 1 once, then you'd get team 2, then team 3, team 4, 5, 6 and 7, oh look, team 2 makes a reappearance!

But VD, if you get on INT you're stuck fighting like Vanir and whoever else who keeps ducking you and you should be well aware of this by now that you can't really do anything about the low quality of the matches there.

Like said too many times, if you really wanted to play the game, you'd get on JP and hire mercs or merc for other teams.

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#344 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

No because VD is dead. If people don't enjoy playing someone, be it that they're just better or have a playstyle/build they hate they are using, they'll duck because unlike in other games, VD has you fight the same guy over and over which gets pretty bland after a while. 

Imagine if this was like Destiny 2, or the 'early days of JP' or whatever: You'd fight team 1 once, then you'd get team 2, then team 3, team 4, 5, 6 and 7, oh look, team 2 makes a reappearance!

But VD, if you get on INT you're stuck fighting like Vanir and whoever else who keeps ducking you and you should be well aware of this by now that you can't really do anything about the low quality of the matches there.

Like said too many times, if you really wanted to play the game, you'd get on JP and hire mercs or merc for other teams.

koti pls, if u really wanted to play the game you would let people know which state you live in. Then which town you live in. Then find the closest, most evenly matched skill group, and make a team around which lesser players could form up and get in line to watch the realest niggers play.

Close the door, put out the light.

#345 DaFume

DaFume

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx
  • AC Type:
    no feet
  • PSNID:
    DaFume

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:22 AM

man you really gotta watch what you type. anyway as far as vanir goes its just me playing 

#346 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:16 PM

koti pls, if u really wanted to play the game you would let people know which state you live in. Then which town you live in. Then find the closest, most evenly matched skill group, and make a team around which lesser players could form up and get in line to watch the realest niggers play.

fucks folks people types what would u say.

Its what our leader said. I honor his vernacular by adding it to my own.

Holmes.

its also a word thats up on the endangered spellings list.

I fight for the survival of english as i know it, fume, sue me.

#347 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:03 AM

man you really gotta watch what you type. anyway as far as vanir goes its just me playing 

Ask Rogan about his games against Kaliko and whoever that other duck was.

But if it's just you playing now, Vanir might be one of the coolest teams on INT. Add Soren to that and you guys are max dope.

But Kaliko + NoHonorLost? Not to sound disrespectful towards those two, but they have interesting playstyles.

And frames.

I don't remember which one used to run a quad all the time, Kaliko? I understand not wanting to use meta because 'boohoo meta tryhard', but if his build at least either blocked PMGs or high-speeds, I think he'd be good, but his frame has like, 1700ke? and 820te? So armor break fucks his quad up and PMGs just melt him.

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#348 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:14 PM

Ask Rogan about his games against Kaliko and whoever that other duck was.

But if it's just you playing now, Vanir might be one of the coolest teams on INT. Add Soren to that and you guys are max dope.

But Kaliko + NoHonorLost? Not to sound disrespectful towards those two, but they have interesting playstyles.

And frames.

I don't remember which one used to run a quad all the time, Kaliko? I understand not wanting to use meta because 'boohoo meta tryhard', but if his build at least either blocked PMGs or high-speeds, I think he'd be good, but his frame has like, 1700ke? and 820te? So armor break fucks his quad up and PMGs just melt him.

merowwwww

go be random elsewhere before i actually have to sit down and focus for one game and break you.

#349 DaFume

DaFume

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx
  • AC Type:
    no feet
  • PSNID:
    DaFume

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:25 PM

yeah the sc quad is kaliko08  im not sure what his defense numbers where

#350 Nescient

Nescient

nope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • AC Type:
    Black, RWD
  • PSNID:
    T56
  • LIVE Tag:
    428/393 @7200/3600rpm

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:48 AM

1700/xxxx/820

should be ~2560ce

scrubs.

#351 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:31 AM

Actually, Fume: why don't you play JP with us? I need another tanker so we can run dual tank squads. 

Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#352 DaFume

DaFume

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx
  • AC Type:
    no feet
  • PSNID:
    DaFume

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:03 PM

i donno kinda getting bored of this game i appreciate the offer though

#353 Black Crow

Black Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • AC Type:
  • PSNID:
    Kotileijonat
  • LIVE Tag:
    Kotileijonat

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:40 AM

You should at least give it a try, right? I wouldn't be too thrilled, either, but you never know. It's a different scene, after all, not what it used to be, but still more intense than INT

'CAW, CAW, CAW'

#354 DaFume

DaFume

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx
  • AC Type:
    no feet
  • PSNID:
    DaFume

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:07 PM

been there done that i had fun when vanir jp was running around but that was like three years ago

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq