Photo

Battle Reports - So What's Happening On The AC Battlefield?

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#21 Magpie842

Magpie842

Pilot

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • AC Type:
    Multi-Role
  • LIVE Tag:
    Magpie842

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:03 AM

I got hired as a merc into a 4v4 on that wrecky wasteland map.

The teams got stuck right in but I usually hang back to look for a decisive opportunity, so I tried a wide flanking maneuver to catch them in a pincer. It worked, but even so my team quickly died leaving me against four enemy ACs with various amounts of damage.

I managed to karasawa their tank down and then play hit and run with my large amounts of boost, whittling them down and striking only when I thought I could make enough of a good AP trade to win eventually. My tactic was to engage at high speed from 2-300 range with plasma missiles and either two rifles or a rifle and a battle rifle, then run away before they could get many hits in.

After a couple of minutes I'd taken out another and was sitting on around 18k AP against two of them. For some reason one of them didn't have enough KE armour to repel my rifles so he was promptly overboost circle strafed down, leaving me against their last guy, 12k AP vs 18-20k.

It was a good fight but I knew I had him because he just wasn't fast enough and I could engage from a long enough range to boost dodge his sniper rounds most of the time, while my fullisades of inneffective fire whittled him down. When he was around my AP, I got cocky and rushed him with the battle rifle, which was effective against his armor.

That was a really satisfying win. Neither team was really very good (at least three or four mercs so not much communications either) but it was still some meaty mech action. I'm really proud of my mech, even though it might not be very good, it suits my style and people tend to underestimate it.

#22 obliviondoll

obliviondoll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • AC Type:
    Anything on two legs
  • PSNID:
    obliviondoll
  • SkypeID:
    obliviondoll

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

Saw GAGORD again today. Similar team makeup - player, 2 mercs, UNAC. Had a team of Nergal players with one UNAC on our side too - one of our better team members along with a guy who finished story mode for the first time a few days ago. Fighting in Old Duman.

One of their mercs brought a mini-Sawa, and made short work of my other experienced teammate because he was lacking in TE defense, but he died almost immediately after the kill, so we were even. From there, they managed not to lose anyone (although they took heavy damage) while killing my remaining teammate and the UNAC.

So it was down to me. Their UNAC was a tank, and still had autocannons and HSMs and about 25k AP. But I had about 25k AP too. I figured I'd wear down their weaker merc and player first, since they were almost dead already. The client had less than 5k AP, so I found him and he pretty much insta-died without hurting me. But the other guy had a Sawa (not the mini model) and swapped it in as I was heading his way. I got him (from 12k), but I took a couple of good hits, and ended up with only 8k AP to take on their 25k AP tank UNAC with dual autocannons.

I kept my distance, bouncing from cover to cover, taking shots where I could and trying to minimise damage, but I was getting worn down fast, and didn't have much AP left. Then I ran out of missiles after the second volley I fired. Down to only 2 guns.

Match ended. I had just over 1300 AP left.

O.o

I actually thought I was going to die right up until I saw the tank explode.
--V^^^V--
I want my meals to think for myself
-----
Posted Image <= Click me

#23 Scruffy

Scruffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • AC Type:
    mobility
  • PSNID:
    Scruffy2

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

Went one a sortie with just myself and 3 UNACs, first match, got paired against a team that was 1 player, and 3 Signs UNACS, by some coincidence they were of the same types as my UNACs ( which means this was a really good comparison for my UNAC building skills )
The match lasted 1 min 30 ish seconds, we killed 2 UNACs and the player simultaneously, the last UNAC dying a few seconds later.

my UNACs all had over 25k AP left. it was a good day :P

#24 phantom fox blue

phantom fox blue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • AC Type:
    Reverse Joint Variations
  • PSNID:
    Phantom_Fox_Blue

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:46 AM

The freeway water map. A probable vision of the future. Myself, a team member and 2 mercs vs 4 unac tanks.

The game begins and from my elevated position as a lrj sniper I'm comfortably taking distant shots at the now missile lauching enemy unac tanks below. The mercs seem to go straight in with an exchange of fire. A few missiles come my way but my ciws deals with them with ease. Member lost! Member lost! The 2 mercs didn't last long at all but inflicted some notable damage to the unac tanks.

My team member destroys one. More vertical missiles are flying around but I continue taking pot shots at the 3 remaining tanks. Team mate takes down another unac tank but soon hits the water in flames soon after.

So it's just me vs 2 unac tanks that are bouncing around in the water. One has only 5600 ap so I focus on sniping this one. Several shots fired and it's down. Last tank.. 33, 000 ap.. it took a good five minutes to finally destroy it with only 2 rounds left in my dual sniper rifles whilst it continued trying to climb a towering pylon..

Probably the most tedius way to win an ac battle.

#25 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

The freeway water map. A probable vision of the future. Myself, a team member and 2 mercs vs 4 unac tanks.

The game begins and from my elevated position as a lrj sniper I'm comfortably taking distant shots at the now missile lauching enemy unac tanks below. The mercs seem to go straight in with an exchange of fire. A few missiles come my way but my ciws deals with them with ease. Member lost! Member lost! The 2 mercs didn't last long at all but inflicted some notable damage to the unac tanks.

My team member destroys one. More vertical missiles are flying around but I continue taking pot shots at the 3 remaining tanks. Team mate takes down another unac tank but soon hits the water in flames soon after.

So it's just me vs 2 unac tanks that are bouncing around in the water. One has only 5600 ap so I focus on sniping this one. Several shots fired and it's down. Last tank.. 33, 000 ap.. it took a good five minutes to finally destroy it with only 2 rounds left in my dual sniper rifles whilst it continued trying to climb a towering pylon..

This match sounds really familiar, were the tanks Dual Autos, SC, Laser and dual cannon? (The dual cannon tank was the last one left.)
Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#26 Not-Hunter

Not-Hunter

Srash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    HRJ/L Tank/L MBP
  • PSNID:
    ShinyHunter7
  • LIVE Tag:
    Shinyhunter7 (Current)
  • SkypeID:
    not.hunter

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

So, today, I just unintentionally trolled a team pretty hard.

I was in a CQ lobby, waiting for a fight, but also not paying much attention, because I was posting some of my emblems to pixiv. So, I see that it's a "hack the data posts" mission, and decide to bring my hacking troll build AC, mostly to make the hacking process faster. (FEARME in one of my older threads)

Naturally, when I see the enemy team lining up to fight, I get a bit confused. So, without really any weapons, (Besides a single slot jellyfish and a moonlight) I decide screw it, let's try out what this build is for. I head on over and hack the first few data posts relatively easily, and then I run about like a mad man, tagging people with my target gun, and throwing a few vert missiles in here and there. After a bit of this, I decide to look for more posts to hack, and all the posts besides one were hacked. The enemy team caught on to that fact, and one merc moved to defend the remaining post. There was 3 (2 heavily damaged) remaining on my side, and 2 relatively healthy ACs remaining on the opposing side.

I hopped on the post and start hacking it, and then a HBP (Possibly MBP) with some BRs starts firing at me, tears off my shield, and does a fairly high amount of damage rather quickly. Unfortunately for him, that leaves my left arm open to laser blade with, and I happily shred his AP to almost nothing with a single hit. Before I can land the second hit, the hacking is complete, and I'm left there jumping about randomly in my derp AC.

"Everyone wants furry sex if it's with glaceon"

-Py687

Twitter: @Shinyhunter7
{C}https://twitter.com/Shinyhunter7

#27 phantom fox blue

phantom fox blue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • AC Type:
    Reverse Joint Variations
  • PSNID:
    Phantom_Fox_Blue

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:45 AM

This match sounds really familiar, were the tanks Dual Autos, SC, Laser and dual cannon? (The dual cannon tank was the last one left.)

I didn't get close enough to find out rogan. Think it's safe to say that any close relations with a tank by a lrj is instant doom. That match happened 4 days ago.

#28 phantom fox blue

phantom fox blue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • AC Type:
    Reverse Joint Variations
  • PSNID:
    Phantom_Fox_Blue

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:51 AM

So, today, I just unintentionally trolled a team pretty hard.

I was in a CQ lobby, waiting for a fight, but also not paying much attention, because I was posting some of my emblems to pixiv. So, I see that it's a "hack the data posts" mission, and decide to bring my hacking troll build AC, mostly to make the hacking process faster. (FEARME in one of my older threads)

Naturally, when I see the enemy team lining up to fight, I get a bit confused. So, without really any weapons, (Besides a single slot jellyfish and a moonlight) I decide screw it, let's try out what this build is for. I head on over and hack the first few data posts relatively easily, and then I run about like a mad man, tagging people with my target gun, and throwing a few vert missiles in here and there. After a bit of this, I decide to look for more posts to hack, and all the posts besides one were hacked. The enemy team caught on to that fact, and one merc moved to defend the remaining post. There was 3 (2 heavily damaged) remaining on my side, and 2 relatively healthy ACs remaining on the opposing side.

I hopped on the post and start hacking it, and then a HBP (Possibly MBP) with some BRs starts firing at me, tears off my shield, and does a fairly high amount of damage rather quickly. Unfortunately for him, that leaves my left arm open to laser blade with, and I happily shred his AP to almost nothing with a single hit. Before I can land the second hit, the hacking is complete, and I'm left there jumping about randomly in my derp AC.

Stealth!! Well done. Always abit different and exciting using stealth tactics. I wonder if anyone has a really good stealth build for that kind of thing? Obliviondoll did the same thing not so long ago, made us lool like fools lol.

#29 obliviondoll

obliviondoll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • AC Type:
    Anything on two legs
  • PSNID:
    obliviondoll
  • SkypeID:
    obliviondoll

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

Got set up as M0 for a Reaper Squad.
Picked up a really good player. Awesome.
Spent a while waiting to try and grab a second merc, and eventually found one. Random no-name person, but it fills a slot.
After another couple of minutes searching, picked up another good player.

Tried to sortie, got disconnected from opponent. Tried again, got "sortie cancelled" and the first merc vanished.

Spent a couple more minutes trying to get another merc, then tried to sortie again anyway. Found a match then got disconnected before it loaded into the lobby screen.

Searched and found another merc, but as I was starting another sortie, got "sortie cancelled" and the other good merc ditched, so it was left with me and a couple of people I've never seen before.

Started again on searching for a new merc, gave up and stuck with 3, even though I didn't trust them.

Got a match. Got destroyed because the noob mercs were both actual noobs, AND BECAUSE THE GOOD PLAYERS I'D ALMOST HAD WITH ME WERE ON THE OTHER TEAM AS MERCS.

Great times. At least I took the team leader and about half the AP of each of the mercs. My teammates took almost half the SIGNS UNAC's AP before it killed them 2 vs 1. I wish I was kidding.
--V^^^V--
-----
Posted Image <= Click me

#30 rogan

rogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • AC Type:
    Cannon whore

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

I didn't get close enough to find out rogan. Think it's safe to say that any close relations with a tank by a lrj is instant doom. That match happened 4 days ago.

Maybe it wasn't me then, time frame sounds wrong. Also, I was one of the tanks in the squad. (3 UNACs) I just used the same emblem and colored coded myself to blend in.

I forgot, the only tank with verts at that time was me. I had dual lasers + vertical missiles, the UNACs had SCs, dual cannon and cannon + HEAT cannon. Not dual autos. (My mistake)
Anything can be solved with the proper application of explosives

#31 phantom fox blue

phantom fox blue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • AC Type:
    Reverse Joint Variations
  • PSNID:
    Phantom_Fox_Blue

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:33 AM

As I remember it the unac tanks were definitely firing off verticles. I've noticed alot of unac tank teams online though with the player being the operator strangely. Highly likely somebody else.

Well, me and my team mate and 2 unacs were on a winning streak last night and even got to rank B. Not bad considering only 2 of 6 of us seem to be online of late. We were on a winning streak, ranked up and then faced a difficult situation that had switched the tables on me. Call it carma.

We start as me and my unac as tanks, my team mate and his unac as lrj snipers. It's the map surronded with high walls and half high buildings and then drops down to a rubble/wasteland area. Name escapes me. As tanks me and my unac were in the city area scanning the horizon while the 2 snipers went on ahead. Exchanges of fire flashed over the wasteland area and sniper fire echoed back. I could see the occasional glimpse of enemy movement so decided with unac tank close by to get forward into the fight. Blasting away and unleashing missiles we bagged 2 enemy team members in very close succession. Then I heard my team mate shout on his mic and he went down via enemy sniper fire!? Uh oh.. of course the unac sniper was now dealing with 2 human player snipers and was not going to be able to deal with 2 directions of enemy fire and soon followed my team mate in burning to the ground.

Yep, these two snipers were now going to be doing what I was doing as a sniper only last week. Taking pot shots at two tanks that were pretty much sitting ducks. I have speed to my tank and managed to get a few missiles of on one of them but they dodged well. Very disheartened and frustrated the 2 snipers slowly finished me off before I had the painful view of watching my unac tank struggling to redeem itself. Maybe I'll stick a laser rifle to my bay next time, can't have that happening again.

#32 obliviondoll

obliviondoll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • AC Type:
    Anything on two legs
  • PSNID:
    obliviondoll
  • SkypeID:
    obliviondoll

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:07 AM

So I just got hired by a random new person and went into normal with only the two of us.

Got insanely lucky running into another new person who had only brought his UNAC along. And hadn't programmed it at all well, so it was rather confused.

So was my employer, he spent the entire match derping about near the starting area without coming near any enemies and the only time anyone was in targeting range for him, they were directly behind him and busy shooting me.

So... I took about 1k damage killing the player, and a little over 2k when the UNAC finally figured out how to fire its Rail Cannon. Once.

I'm really not sure what was going on there... but it made me laugh.
--V^^^V--
-----
Posted Image <= Click me

#33 phantom fox blue

phantom fox blue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • AC Type:
    Reverse Joint Variations
  • PSNID:
    Phantom_Fox_Blue

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

I'm really not sure what was going on there... but it made me laugh.

Haven't found anything in battles to really laugh at as yet. Some unacs have had their moments but unfortunately any craziness from them usually means a loss to a team and that's no fun.

Unacs seem to sound like dr who dalecs on my team. "YOU WANT OPERATION SUCCESSFUL!?"

'Well uh? yeah, that would be nice.'

#34 phantom fox blue

phantom fox blue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • AC Type:
    Reverse Joint Variations
  • PSNID:
    Phantom_Fox_Blue

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:04 AM

So last night I was on what seems like a space station map? Narrow corridors. The stealth tank felt pretty useless when some s ranked team used an fcs jammer on me, closed in quick, blasted me with shotguns causing stagger and then piledrived my ac all within 5 secs. Wha!?

Had a unac team. Myself and mercs beat them fairly easily, lost a merc on the 2nd game but generally 2 easy victories.

Next match back to the other extreme. Te arrow missiles firing from towers at us while the s ranked team picked us off one by one with blades and piledrives. Kind of gave up when the missiles from the towers are doing a good majority of the damage. Probably wrong map for tanks too. A couple of games on this same map with the same opponents and missile spamming and it kind of grows on you that you're not going to win.

It seems rising to B rank has Iincreased the amount of piledriving that goes on. Or at least that's the perception. So new build time that leaves the awkward tank for the more suited maps. Being shot at by tower missiles and being piled by s rank teams means I need to be more mobile it seems, or at least on the maps and situations I was in.

Did some extensive combat testing of a hrj build and took it to the online battleground with decent results which enabled 2 victory battles. I'll see if it continues next time I'm on.

#35 phantom fox blue

phantom fox blue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • AC Type:
    Reverse Joint Variations
  • PSNID:
    Phantom_Fox_Blue

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:21 AM

Played some pvp with dikhed7 recently and his lightweight bipedals have been flying around like mad things. Very quick and sneaky they are too and one match saw one flying around so fast that it went crashing into some fuel tanks and destroying itself. Whilst myself more often flying out of the mission area barriers and exploding. Very annoying.

#36 Py687

Py687

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationACU
  • AC Type:
    Live and Learn
  • PSNID:
    Pky687
  • LIVE Tag:
    Pky687

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:58 AM

About a week ago Denver came in and claimed he was new to the series.

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

#37 Not-Hunter

Not-Hunter

Srash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • AC Type:
    HRJ/L Tank/L MBP
  • PSNID:
    ShinyHunter7
  • LIVE Tag:
    Shinyhunter7 (Current)
  • SkypeID:
    not.hunter

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

OH GOD LOL.

"Everyone wants furry sex if it's with glaceon"

-Py687

Twitter: @Shinyhunter7
{C}https://twitter.com/Shinyhunter7

#38 phantom fox blue

phantom fox blue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • AC Type:
    Reverse Joint Variations
  • PSNID:
    Phantom_Fox_Blue

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

Lol, was this before or after he lost?

#39 dikhed7

dikhed7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • PSNID:
    dikhed7

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:49 AM

Played some pvp with dikhed7 recently and his lightweight bipedals have been flying around like mad things. Very quick and sneaky they are too and one match saw one flying around so fast that it went crashing into some fuel tanks and destroying itself. Whilst myself more often flying out of the mission area barriers and exploding. Very annoying.

All lightweights are annoying, not just mine. Pretty much anything with HB of 350 or higher is a rage machine. That game when I hit the barrels and they blew up was because you had a stray shot that detonated one and I got caught in the reaction. GGs btws.

Was gonna respond to Disso's post, but he's edited it so nvm

#40 obliviondoll

obliviondoll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • AC Type:
    Anything on two legs
  • PSNID:
    obliviondoll
  • SkypeID:
    obliviondoll

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

All lightweights are annoying, not just mine. Pretty much anything with HB of 350 or higher is a rage machine. That game when I hit the barrels and they blew up was because you had a stray shot that detonated one and I got caught in the reaction. GGs btws.

I have a tendency to do that deliberately when duelling teammates to remind them to watch their surroundings.

Then I get myself blown up in live matches because none of them do the same for me. :D
--V^^^V--
-----
Posted Image <= Click me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq